Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

The Biggest Loser:SOL Edition

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Urban:

This site is immensely helpful, don't be put off by the name, it's not about Mr Olympia style bodybuilding.

bodybuilding web page is the bomb i have even seen a somalian brother he was the teen bodybuilder of the weekd

If you have to lose weight, it's important to do so slowly. Aim for losing no more than pound to 2 pounds a week. One pound equals 3,500 calories. So, to lose 1 pound a week, you need to eat 500 calories a day less or burn 500 calories a day more than you usually do.

Try starting with a weight loss of 10 percent of your current body weight over 6 months. This is the healthiest way to lose weight — and importantly — it offers the best chance of long term success.

PS: Lifting weights is an incredibly efficient way to burn fat, especially if combined with a moderate cardio

ps: I wonder why our somali brothers are not into personal training

i have seen so far one guy i couldn't beleive how strong and health he looked

ps :

Baluug   

My problem isn't exercise, I get lots of exercise at work, because there's a lot of walking, heavy lifting, going up and down stairs etc. My main problem is the food I eat, and how much of it I eat, and also what I do with my free time, which is not very much. I figure if I start hitting the gym again(which I did today) and eat better, and less, food, I should be good to go. SO far I'm pleased with the results.

^ :D @Castro's comment.

At 314 lbs., a regular bathroom scale wouldn't accomodate me

Those Damned Brits!!. They made you self concious didnt they? Whatever happened to the famous "MORE CUSHION FOR THE PUSHIN'" statement?

Well,good luck folks,i dont know what it is to be fat-err overweight. I wish you the best in your endevours. smile.gif

MZanzi   

Cadaan Cut down on processed foods. Stick with all natural foods which have little added preservatives and chemicals. If you can’t find it in nature think twice before you go eating it

PS. Instead of the 3 square meals a day, go for 6 micro meals to keep your metabolism geared up to burn and your insulin levels steady.

Som@li   

I usually do running at evenings, 30 min,

It is not about exercise only, it is also to do with the food, I remember this guy who went to a dietician, and was given a strict diet, mainly no carbohydrates, and he followed it seriously,He lost around 30 Kilos in 45 days, we were all shocked, It was like he was sick, and everyone was asking, what happened to him, The guy didnt lift a finger, no exercise at all.

Nephissa   

Ummmm I can't afford to lose any more weight, but I will be your official @ss kicker, when you feel like reaching for that bag of chips PM me instead L0L. I'm supporting you cause I know you can do it!

Wooooo, wooo-wooo...cheering section over here..wooo-wooo!

winnie   

im butac bombalay--- but im not butac.

although i too am trying to be more healthy, cut down on sugar (diabetes), eat more fruits and vegetables and incorporate physical activity in my daily life.

health is a blessing, and if we dont take care of it while we are young, it can deteriorate seriously. i mean, i dont want to imagine a time where salat is physically demanding.

i have a friend who lost a significant amount of weight within the past year, and she says one of the reasons she feels she was more successful this year was because her niyaa was stronger. she lost the weight for her own well being, and tied it in with her worship as well.

Might sound mighty insensitive, but I’ve no trouble loosing weight – infact, its probably the easiest thing for me to do. I mean, how hard is it to resist eating beyond your limit? What you guys should really be addressing is your ability to resist something and caajisnimo to get out and do some exercise. Exercise shouldn’t even be weight dependent, one should exercise for health. And you should eat to live, not the other way around.

What I have a real issue with, is gaining weight. It takes me 4 – 5 days of missing a few meals to lose a kg, only to have to stuff myself for 2 weeks with food I normally dislike (McDonalds chips) to gain it back. That’s hard – force-feeding yourself.

NGONGE   

^^ What are you doing in the fat people's thread?

It's like Princess Leia in Jabba the Huts' house. :D

fatty.gif

Miriam1   

^ And it begins...juvenile replies that will litter the thread and bleed it of any meaning.

Seriously a picture of a strange fat kid...in a sincere weight-loss thread?

Ps. Urban that site was SUPER. Sista your right, but like others were saying, diet is important so I thought of it in that sense, on the calorie count.

Kool...those gyms bleed you out, I think I spent 5 months at Ballyfitness last year and paid for a 12 month membership...its best to get it done yourself...only problem is when you reach a plateau.

Serenity, I have a cousin like you, it is difficult for him, genetics!

Ms DD   

Hayam You are right. This is serious issue. Support is great. I think I might join you guys on this journey.

Can I ask all the skinnies to have fun on the troll corner and leave us fatties alone?

Cheers