Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

The Biggest Loser:SOL Edition

Pacifist   

Well if you guys want to lose weight I would really advise you to learn about the food nutritions.

Zola sweetie I wish you would have told me about you using splenda, Don't use it anymore. A natural sweeter called Stevia and the South Americans and Asian have been using it for centuries. Stevia

Read about Stevia and Weight Management here Here

I have been using this since Feb and well you have seen the results. Also if you go to a Natural food store, they sell it in powder form. I would not recommend it buying it online because of fake stevia.

I recently was also introduced to Flax seeds and Flax Seeds its benefits. It helped lower my blood triglyceride. It tastes like Sisiin.

Another thing to add to your diet is Yogi Green Tea Kombucha it detoxifies the body, enhance the immune system, fight fatigue, and soothe an upset stomach. and you can find its benefits and buy it Green tea Kombucha I really recommend this.

Losing weight is 70% how your eat and 30% exercise, so make it a life style and When you go to the grocery shop make sure you don't buy that bad food, because when you crave for it, then it won't be there for you to eat.

I also really recommend you stay away from all those diet pills that can cause heart damages. Do it the natural way. Visit your nearest Natural Health Food Store and get all those goody organic vegs and fruits.

Also make sure you take your Vitamins.

Haneefah   

^Right. It's not about eating less, but eating smart. You like flax? It's my mom's ancient old answer to every health condition you can think of, and for prevention; that and xulbad! I used to be forced to drink an aargalaan of flax seed shake mixed with olive oil and hot water; yikes, oh was it ever viscous to drink. But it's rather nice when added to baked goods or your cereal.

Cadaan, best wishes!

Originally posted by Abdiladiif:

Any Soomaali dhuubo dhex-yar, give her couple of years and 2-3 kids.

That's what the poor maskeenah gets when she spoils rotten Mr. Minjo-baasto ood moodid qaxootigii sablaale (no clue where that is, lol) inuu ka soo hadhay. Wax loo naxo walee ma istaahilaan rag aan ogahay.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by ZOLA:

KK- Do you remember a day few yrs ago, when certain 2 people worked out, had a meal and decided to walk home? What a bad choice that was lol.

:D:D:D I don't know what you're talking about! Have we met? Kix kix kix...

Alla idaa, them dayz were (as they say) the good ol'dayz!!!Alla maxaa wax la isku qasay, balo... :D

BTW, are you back at the same Bally's or another? If the same one, is that light skinned hunk still there? The personal trainer...xaaax...

Good luck to everyone! Let's do this!

Ibtisam   

That's what the poor maskeenah gets when she spoils rotten
Mr. Minjo-baasto ood moodid qaxootigii sablaale
(no clue where that is, lol) inuu ka soo hadhay. Wax loo naxo walee ma istaahilaan rag aan ogahay.

:D:D:D lol I never cracked up so much, oh lord.

loool Thanks Haneefa!.

Buuxo   

count me in y'all. I dont have a problem with my diet i have cut down on eating unhealthy crapp.but my issue is inactivity,i walk now and then, running is too painful, until i find a solution to an issue. Dont have a good track record with the gym but will give it another go.So give me any suggestions on exercise that will tone and strength my body,esp upper body,my arms n hands are too weak .

-Lily-   

^^I personally hate the gym, as in that place where there is a painful selection of equipment designed to torture the human body.

What I do like and discovered you can do at a gym is group exercise classes. Aerobics, Yoga, Boxing, Dance…the good thing about these classes is that they are motivating, you’re too busy concentrating on the moves rather than the clock and it’s mainly women. 1 hour of such a class few times a week should do the trick.

If you live somewhere with great outdoors, nothing beats running.

Originally posted by Haneefah:

^Right. It's not about eating less, but eating smart. You like flax? It's my mom's ancient old answer to every health condition you can think of, and for prevention; that and xulbad! I used to be forced to drink an aargalaan of flax seed shake mixed with olive oil and hot water; yikes, oh was it ever viscous to drink. But it's rather nice when added to baked goods or your cereal.

Cadaan, best wishes!

quote:

Originally posted by Abdiladiif:

Any Soomaali dhuubo dhex-yar, give her couple of years and 2-3 kids.

That's what the poor maskeenah gets when she spoils rotten Mr. Minjo-baasto ood moodid qaxootigii sablaale (no clue where that is, lol) inuu ka soo hadhay. Wax loo naxo walee ma istaahilaan rag aan ogahay.
I feel sorry for you,I feel your pain. Any one who takes a sip,let alone an aargalan of Flax,Xulbad & olive oil deserves hugs and "an ooh poor thing" statement. So,[kaalay aan ku hug gareyo bal smile.gif ] smile.gif

Goodness,really,did those things work?---I couldve sworn i got more sick any time i heard the word xulbad... :(

That's what the poor maskeenah gets when she spoils rotten Mr. Minjo-baasto ood moodid qaxootigii sablaale (no clue where that is, lol) inuu ka soo hadhay. Wax loo naxo walee ma istaahilaan rag aan ogahay

Refer to Nephy's post about these overnight weighty Xalimos intentionally fattening Faraxs for them to appear unattractive. Someone get me that quote. icon_razz.gifsmile.gif

Haneefah   

^I never had to endure pure xulbad mix (thank God), that was more for wiilasha than me; so pity hug is really not necessary icon_razz.gif . And yes, that thing works, dhaaxey lafo waaweyn u yeeshay my brothers.

winnie   

eating more doesnt actually speed up the metabolism... at least not on its own.

muscles mass quickens the metabolism to create a constant burning of calories, and if you are someone who works out alot and who has alot of muscle mass, than eating 6 small meals will be fine. otherwise, 3 recommended servings with healthy snacks in between should be fine.

Gymka waxaan ku nacay biraha culayskooda :D:D ... My body is naturally build. thank god I dont have to spend a lot of time in the gym. I can walk my shirt off and looks good. I am xaaax... Faanka waan ku dheereeyaa ee ha la iska keyn ilaaliyo. :D

I think we should sue them for that in-proportionate calool iyo minjo. Iyagaa waxaas dhan katabeeya. Naa ninka bariis iyo baasto ku gur yaan laggaa damcine :D