Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

The Biggest Loser:SOL Edition

Baluug   

Originally posted by SCORPION_SISTA:

Well it seems like we got some momentum going on so we should go ahead and begin the process…Maybe Cadaan if he wants to join with us or have additional suggestions he can add on…
Confirmed participant are:

Hayam

Ms. DD

Kool Kat

Shaken and Deterred

Ibtisam

Scorpion_Sista

Here are the plans for the Weight Loss

1. We are going to do a weekly weight loss report- we should weight ourselves at the beginning of each week and then at the end…We can start this
Friday June 13, 2008
and we would report our weight loss accomplishment or lack of on
Friday June 20, 2008

2. Abstain from Fast Food for one month

3. Exercise-this would depend on the individuals, some can go to gym, walking, sports, etc.

4. Meals: We can do 6 small meals or we can do smaller portions of whatever meals we have the time to eat…We should try to change our eating habit for this.

I think this is a great idea knowing you have to report your weight for everyone definitely might help that “French-fries” loss its appeal

Nephthys
we ladies are definitely going to need your support during the “water retention” time, so better have those fingers ready to write words of inspiration to keep us from giving up when the weight isn’t dropping.

Does this work for you guys?
Does this work for you guys? Can make any suggestions or additions you want.

Bee bye

Geez, I'm the one who started the thread, and now I'm not even included in the group!! :D

But seriously, I'm in, and that plan looks good to me.

-We can report our weights every Friday, we should start a new thread for this and ask Admin to sticky it, cuz there's too much cantarabaqash in this one. :D

-I want to abstain from fast food almost completely, that was one of my biggest problems, apart from eating chips.

-for exercise, I've already started hitting the gym doing 1/2 hour to an hour on the treadmill and when I've lost enough weight, I'll start pumping some iron

-I don't like the idea of eating 5-6 small meals, I prefer what I'm doing now, which is 2-3 big meals a day with more fruits and veggies.

Zola

You are not the only one, I can’t say I struggled with weight but over the last 10 years I have put on 35 pounds on my ideal weight…Still first time I went to a gym was in Egypt when I was like 14 years old, it didn’t succeed to do whatever it was suppose to do, not for the lack of trying…At the gym we got weighted every time we walked in and out…But every time I left the gym, my friends and I would stop by and get food and ice cream, so they kicked us out of the gym.

You are absolutely right, diets don’t work, it’s about a life style change…When you deprive yourself of something, you would constantly be wanting it and sooner or later would return to your old habits…To reduce my sugar intake I gave up pop instead of using splendor, because that’s where the majority of my sweet intake came from…I think giving up fast food would be great for us because we relay on the quick fix and we eat so much of it on a regular basis, so thinking about your meal plans on weekly basis is a good habit to develop.

Now like Ngonge (sp) my mother began talking about my fatness (how that might make me less attractive to a man to marry me), I didn’t care really…Now that I am about to reach my expiration date in the marriage market, I thought it was time for me to get healthy for me…So I am exciting about this.

Cadaan, I am sorry I didn’t exclude you from it, but you just didn’t say you were in (I need an affirmation) and didn’t make suggestions…So I am glad to have you on board, you probably be losing weight at a faster rate than us, but it’s all good…From now on your topic is yours, keep us updated.

Delilah better late than never, welcome aboard

Ibtisam   

Now like Ngonge (sp) my mother began talking about my fatness (how that might make me less attractive to a man to marry me), I didn’t care really…Now that I am about to reach my expiration date in the marriage market, I thought it was time for me to get healthy for me…So I am exciting about this.

Maybe it was psychological, you resisted losing weigh so you can hide behind it as the reason of you not getting married or putting people off you. My older cousin use to pretend she had a stinking attitude. Every Farah use to leave running. :D lol I still laugh till this day. Lol

Looool @ Expiration date in the market, girl there is no such thing. You just have smaller market. ;)

Lol Caadaan I think that is a good idea, the sticky thing.

Urban   

-I don't like the idea of eating 5-6 small meals, I prefer what I'm doing now, which is 2-3 big meals a day with more fruits and veggies.

Bro than can actually lead to negative effects. Your body needs constant supply of nutritious food to fuel the metabolism.

If your metabolism is slow, the body stores whatever it can get as fat. It's like a survival mechanism, if you skip breakfast and don't eat till afternoon, your body will store most of that food as fat, because it doesn't know when the next supply of food is gonna come. So it will digest that food slowly.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it kick starts your metabolism, and the more regularly you eat, the higher the rate is gonna be, which would eventually lead to weight loss.

I'm gonna keep doing my current routine but I'll post updates of my meals and work out routines. No weight update tho :D

Paragon   

Lol, Ibti. Just fuleys, huh? Clever bunch.

Lol@maqiiq. Oo ma London underground-oo aad ciriiri isugu maqiiqdid baa? Besides, gabar laysku maqiiqaa talow iyadu maxay tahay? :D

PS: Don't use that word (maqiiq) again. It has other meanings ;) .

PPS: Cadaan, apologies sxb. For hijacking the topic.

Ibtisam   

^^SO what is the other meaning?? :cool:

Oh shid we cannot hijack this thread! oops. Sorry guys redface.gif

Isseh reply in troll. :cool:

Ibtisam I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't seriously want to lose the weight because I didn't want to make myself phsyically appealing...Smaller market eh well I will take your word for it, but now I am interested in "me time"

Cadaan I think that is a great idea and hopefully the admin would be able to set it up...Let us know what they say...Bee bye

Chimera   

Relevent to this topic: A few years back i encountered a childhood friend of mine who was back then very big(and i mean very very big like that kid from nutty professor) me and my morrocan friends would always wrestle him, sometimes taking 4 of us to take him down but boy o boy if he got his hands on you the dude would sit on you till you can't breath(i speak from experience) but when i saw him in 2005 he was very slim, i actually passed him by because i didn't recognize him

i never managed to ask how he got so slim because he was in hurry but i'm sure he trained hard for it. Discipline and motivation are the most important factors of achieving your goals

Baluug   

Originally posted by Urban:

quote: -I don't like the idea of eating 5-6 small meals, I prefer what I'm doing now, which is 2-3 big meals a day with more fruits and veggies.

Bro than can actually lead to negative effects. Your body needs constant supply of nutritious food to fuel the metabolism.

If your metabolism is slow, the body stores whatever it can get as fat. It's like a survival mechanism, if you skip breakfast and don't eat till afternoon, your body will store most of that food as fat, because it doesn't know when the next supply of food is gonna come. So it will digest that food slowly.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it kick starts your metabolism, and the more regularly you eat, the higher the rate is gonna be, which would eventually lead to weight loss.

I'm gonna keep doing my current routine but I'll post updates of my meals and work out routines. No weight update tho
:DSo basically it's better to eat in the morning rather than the nighttime? I'll need to remember that. Since I work during the evening, I usually eat right away when I come home at 11pm and then sleep a couple of hours later. Should I stop eating late like that?

P.S. Isseh, continue your cantarabaqash :D I don't mind.