Sign in to follow this  
fartun

Question?

fartun   

This is for the men.. my question is that i have a beautiful somali best friend girl, and we have been friends since 4th grade, however she is 22 years old with bachelor degree in Biology, graduated from UC Berkly, and she will be attending PA school in Stanford University upcoming fall 2007, she works for Genetics lab, and she told me every somalian brother that she meet keep telling her she is too smart for him, and she is so frustrated she doesnt' know what to do.. and as a friend of long time am so proud of her that she have succeeded in her education, because she lost both of her parents war back home.. and she came to this country with no family but a some relatives... in addition to that she is the one hard working woman that i have ever met in my life... so she came to me and told me that there is no somali dude that would want to date her or matter fact give her the chance because she is educated woman with an amazing job... also she told me that the brothers tell her that she deserves a better dude.. but any way i told her that you don't have to date somalis there are plenty muslim brothers out there in the world who is willing to be with her, and she wants nothing but a somali dude... so by all means am just curious if the somali brothers telling her she is too much for them.. and she wants a somali dude, would it make any difference to be with a somali dude than the muslim dudes out there in the world...i dont' understand why she is so dedicated to somalis dude and none of them willing coz she is above and beyond their expectation .... do you guys have any resolution for my best friend coz i dont' want to make her mad the fact that i disagree with her interm of being with a someone... or dating outside of your race... am sure some of you agree with me, that if your l uck is in the hand of someone will be there regardless of what they are and who they are...

Pujah   

^^Dont take this the wrong way BUT you need to respect your friends privacy and remove the names of the schools she went to. I am sure you can ask the question you posted without publicising someones private life. smile.gif

Shakti   

pujah, what the heck is wrong with ya, this is the famouse white somaliyan girl..dont u remember her.. looooooool

furtun welcome back!! 1st ...how r u dealing with the somaliyan ppl nowadays? we need some updates b4 we can deal with ur gf.. we need 2 know how our advises working 4 ya so far?

as 4 ur friend.... all i can say is... thanks 4 the laugh..

Pujah   

pujah, what the heck is wrong with ya, this is the famouse white somaliyan girl..dont u remember her.. looooooool

LOOOL. I was just giving her the benefit of doubt dee. :D

Cajiib, So in other words, she's overqualfied?

I'm not just gonna assume, but this is just my opinion. As I read your thread, I took several facts for granted to consider your statement.

1- For a somali woman to reach her self actualizatoin stage, she needs to get only Bachelors Degree.

2- That a Somali man is afraid to reach woman due to the lack of his education.

3- That it's harder for a Somali man to earn Bachelors Degree than a woman does, to equalize the ratio.

If those above are true in the Somali Community, then I understand the problem she's experiencing.

If those above are false, then she must have been identifying her problems fausly.

I find your story unreal. No Somali man would admit to being intimidated by a women unless his TFG supporter.

Now, lets assume everything you said is true. Searching for a suitable partner in the diaspora is like searching for a needle in a haystack. The odds are simply stacked against you.

First you want Somali but what is the market size? We can conservatively estimate the Somali population of most States in the US at no more than 0.5%, 1% tops. About half of those will be women so you're forced to half the 0.5%. That leaves only the men but not all are compatible. A lot will be too young or too old. Again, your odds are further cut. Further culling will be in order since not all of qualified Faaraxs will be to your liking. By the time you done eliminating all who failed to meet your standards you'll be left with unimaginably small number that it's not really worth the effort.

A number of things can be done to shorcicuit the staggering unfavourable odds against you. You can concregate where there are high density of somalis thereby increasing your odds. But the best option by a long shot is to go back home where you'll be spoiled for selection. Go snatch gun totting, Qaat chewing skinny and help your country in it's peacemaking efforts.

Fartun ,,,,,,,,,,, I'm really to marry the girl ,,, tell her that i'm here and would like to take the step ,,,,,,,, just send me her details and leave us alone ,, :D

Som@li   

This story is hard to believe,If true, I reckon the whole problem lies with the girl,she is on high horse, and disrespect the somali men. Does she have to present her resume whenevr she is dating some1..There is no such thing as overqualified.

Maybe she cant fine Somali dude cuz of her attitude.

Jamster   

"I find your story unreal. No Somali man would admit to being intimidated by a women unless his TFG supporter."

I laughed so loud that my class mates think I am becoming bonkers.

PS: She is by far unqualifed for she is not pleasing to the sight. Sorry this merits no rationale response.

Socod Badne very random lol

Actually Fartun's story reminds me of something some Italian guy had said to me in Melbourne. Which was "Alot of Somali girls are in school and doing well while the boys are failing in class and even droping out who will end up marrying these girls?"

who will end up marrying these girls?

Very good question, it's yet another social issue facing our generation.

But, i must say, young women must realise there are educated young Somali men out there.

And indeed, education is not (although it may seem so) the be all and end all.

Ibtisam   

Education is over rated and over priced :rolleyes: £12,000 a year for a bloody masters :rolleyes: redface.gif :mad: Not including living costs. What a bloody rip off!! :eek: Not to mention how anti social you become, nerdy and tired, lack of sleep and stress. Some people go mad. There is appreciating education and then there is going bonkers over it. I have a friend who dropped out of GCSE (we were in the same class), He went into property development and I carried on with years of education, he is now a millionaire and I am working to pay for my masters and make ends meet. :( So education just makes you broke and stuck up :eek: :D I'm tell everyone i know to drop out as kids and make money; lool