Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Somali supermodel, author, activist attacked in Vienna

Jamster   

On the Point of clarification

The ambassador uncle was the debarted gentelman named MJ (Alaha unaxariisto) and he was married to her eedo.

DnD My dearest sister of all, has she done anything personal to us? (those who insult her). The answer is YES. She indeed injured our reputation collectively. Isn't there something called collective conciousness/identity? She defiled the Somali culture! I suppose that is why these gents are being livid with her.

Anyhow, Kulu Nafsin Daa'iqatul Mawt! that is when we will encouter our real judgements!. May Allah spare us from the wrath of Jahanam. redface.gif

Originally posted by Gediid:

I have to politely disagree with you DA,90% of our girls were circumcised but you wont hear them disassociate themselves from Somalis or their culture.

Are you dismissing the plight of the somali women so easily? She had her femininity sliced, diced and sawed. Excuse her for not trying to sweep it under the carpet, like ALL THE OTHER WOMEN. 'Course, it must be the greed!

underdog   

Hey, you guys can trade speculations until the cows come home.

Worse things have happened to better people

How about we just leave it at that?

Gediid   

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

[/qb]Are you dismissing the plight of the somali women so easily? She had her femininity sliced, diced and sawed. Excuse her for not trying to sweep it under the carpet, like ALL THE OTHER WOMEN. 'Course, it must be the greed!

I'm not dismissing the plight of our women or what has happened to them but this lady is in for the money and in no way for the fight against the eradication of FGM.I know she has labelled herself as an activist against FGM but I still have not seen nor heard of any contributions she has made for the fight against FGM.One would expect at least a percentage of the what she earned from the book would go towards the eradication of FGM but no one has yet see that.

Tuujiye   

lool waraada waqtiga ha iska luminina intaad la hadleysaan gabdho waxna galin waxna ka bixin gar ma gasho mana kabaxdo...

Aduunka waxa qaribay waa dadka iska hadla Cilmi la'aan....

Malcom said " a person who stands for nothing will fall for every thing" If you don't know who you are were your from and what you believe, you will look for another identity that you like. basicaly be lost.

These woman who desided to talk agains circumcision, have every right to do so but the wrong thing they are doing is runing away from the religion. If they didn't like Circumcision, you think they will like hell..

I was pro for them by telling the stories of our dirty culture of circumcision; but when they ran to the white man and desided to leave the culture and religion and what eva they stood for, I believed that they have cut us off and why should we suport them and why should we care now that something has happend to them.

4real ilaahey hasoo hanuunsho butfor now anything that happens to them they deserve it.

YES I SAID QOUTE ME does of you who like come after me. But I still got love for you.

Opinionated nice meeting you again walaalo but i'm prety sure you know this better. And stop acting sily please is serious.

Rokko   

How come we merely are familiar only with or have the sense of hearing and pay notice to the controversial Somali Models..

A friend of mine knew this girl but I never heard of her perhaps a number of you do...and i'm sure there other somali models we never seen

.?]Bio of her..

YASMIN WARSAME

Birth country: Somalia

While most models embark on their career in their teens, Yasmin Warsame was in her early 20s – and five months’ pregnant with her son Hamzah – when she accepted her first job, a catalogue shoot in her adopted home of Toronto.

Her look, however, was considered too "haute couture" for the local scene, making work scarce. So, in the summer of 2002, Yasmin headed to Paris where, she says, she had only one thing on her mind: "Walking down the runway… and not falling." Since then, the 6ft beauty has become the "muse" of Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz and been dubbed the new Iman by Michael Kors.

But the most memorable moment of her career was of a more personal nature. "It was when I sent my mum (in Somalia) a large amount of money," she says. "I spoke to her and she was almost in tears. That was the moment that made modelling so worth it."

Source: Hello Magazine.

index.php?s=bf31a3daf52c1b9dad65f6303e6f

00195.L.JPG

00095.L.JPG

Jamster   

Where did I say the Somali culture is indeed anything closer to perfection?

Anyhow, why would anyone like to tell false stories? I know why; that is of course in order to get on. That is what she did at the expense of the Somali community.

Some of the folks here are being immature to the point of being sad :rolleyes: . You know who u r!

Also, the double standards is just :eek: ... a guy who is practically naked is praised for his not so looky muscles on one thread and these beautiful girls talked about in dehumizing ways in another.. please dadkiina, give ur half-baked brains some well deserved rest.

Who do you think you are judging her? She is beautiful, she is rich and she is on t.v. You are a bunch of jealous babies. Grow up.

Whatever she does is betweeen her and Allah. Do understand that the day of judgement is for a reason? Leave her alone and mind your own business.

As long as she does not say anything about ALlah or Islam, then she can very well do whatever she wants.

The time you are wasting insulting her, do something worthwile like reading the quran or studying. Worry about your dambi and what is on your records. Putting her down wont get you anywhere in this world or the next.

Remember. The prophet SCW used to say nothing when Abu Lahab and his wife used to torment him. He never insulted them or anything. Learn by his example and say something good or keep your mouth shut.

Tuujiye   

lol

Farah saaxiib meeshaan cudur aa ka jira oo gabdhaha indha kaba tira wax aadan dhihin ayaa laguu gilinayaa afka lol..is ilaali.

Mob deep your ight man i met her in person what eva she does is between her and ilaaheey but she neva disrespects the deen and somalida kale in fact wey caawisaa somalida oo wey jeceshahay in ee ku dhexjirto..gabdhihii saxiibadeed ahaa ayaa wili la socda oo somali ah....

Laakiin kuwa kale waxay wax ka sheegeen diinta iyo dhaqanka ba..and any one oo wax kasheega diinta, waa in la gooyaa man or woman...

But the way they choose to live is up to them...and we have no right to tell them they can't do that..

African   

DND well said sis ..."You must excuse my caqli yaraan, because I wasnt brought up to curse ppl who have never done anything to me."

I conquer those words....we have cudur called hate any1 who's not of ur qabiil, doesn't have the same views as you, doesn't dress like you, doesn't look like you....in other words HATE any1 who's not ur CLONE.