Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Somali supermodel, author, activist attacked in Vienna

king_450   

Most of you are Jealous!

She is Beautiful, young,Healthy,Married,and etc

so give her a break ,if you don't have any decent thing to say about her.You know i love any somalis who strive for their embetterment,so be happy and let it go the past.

lol   

I don't if any one mentioned this b4.. as I am usually late to do so.. but one thing I noticed is.. why do all the famous Somali girls.. diss our beautiful culture? I know we have our lows like every other culture, but I was going to be sold and I ran, I was circumcized and blah blah. Well, u r not the only one who went through that, and no one can force u to marry as long as u have the good pair of legs to run, but to make it sound so horrifying is exaggeration.

I just HATE it walaahi... when I see them ( fabricated prostitues diss US)

I don't think what she did was correct and I am absolutely against it but guys admit the girl is pretty. look the way her face is structured she looks a real model which i don't admire though but she has enough beauty. I have no sympathy toward what had happened to her..it would have been better if he had eliminated her for good. by the way is she muslim? if she is then may allah show her the right path.

WingA   

it doesnt matter what she's done in her past or what her liftstyle is, no-body can judge her or talk bad about her walaayaal.. shes somali and a muslim so show her some respect..

she was lucky not have been seriously hurt and i think allah is looking out for her and i suggest whoever spoke bad of her to fix up..

salaams..

Tuujiye   

This is amezing man. I like to see different views of the people.

Waris and her life is not new. I think you should all read about her life and how she became femous and were she was found from.

She was a reer baadiye never seen magaalo in her life. She had the slavery mind and still does believing that the white man could give her the best life. You would question if this woman is muslim forget being somali muslim is first because we are muslim before somali. She has no strong belive in feath.

It makes me realy sad to see so many of you people in here who are actualy defending this girl. I know for a fact that this woman hates being muslim and somalian and what she writes, only put somalians down and some people think it up rises. Sad walaahi..

Xidig,Md and the rest of wax garadka meeshaan ku jira saxiibayaal naagahaan super modelska ah iyo kuwa ku shaqeesta feminismka wey ka buuxaan arladaan. Diin iyo dhaqan ma qabaan. Eman oo kale she has a basterd child with a formly a gay man. What kind of religion does she have alaahu aclam. I have met a super model with the name of Yasmiin Warsame; She is not prety at all and she is dressed and looks like a gaal 100% but she was different from the rest because she was merried to a somali man and she is always with her somali people. She stays at T.O alot. You could tell yasmiin loves being somali but she choosed her life to be that way which is against the religion and atleast she know and may allah show her the right path one day. But she deosn't say anything bad about somalia to be femous.

Meeshaan waxaa kujira gabdho waxkasta iska difaaca oo caqligooda AAAD IYO AAD U YAR YAHAY ee hala yaabina hana isku daalinina in aad wax u sheegtaan. Xidig sidaa tiri oo kale, naag candhadeeda dibada dhigtay oo diin iyo dhaqan tuurtay hadana ku sheeganeesa baa waxaa lagu leeyahay why you care is her choice!! waxaasi caqli yari bee ka tahay gabdhaha sidaa kuleh ee hala yaabin hana isku dayin in aad ka dhaadhicisid trust me.

waxaan oo kale wax laga hadlo maba aha uuuuuuuuuuuuf. IS better for her to suffer here in the world than AAQIRA.. subxaanalaah

LuCkY   

Hibo sis bLuntLy put but True:

I just HATE it walaahi... when I see them ( fabricated prostitues diss US)

Bisinka :eek: some of Ya'LL are Like FBI agents-Judges onLy worse cuz Ya'LL aint gettin' paid...LoL.

Okie...Since when did writing about one's Life experiences and hardships aLLude to the SomaLi CuLture Being Dissed?Maybe I missed Something. :confused:

If she hates being SomaLi then so be it-she has every right to...There aint much to be said about that.

& as far as her being MusLim is concerned I WONT even Try to JustifY that.

Salaan...

U1845262.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bb3666448-7ea

Can anybody guess who this person is? No wonder the white dude is beaming and surely wants a piece of that pure beauty :D:D

See how natural beauty attracts.

The guntiino garment reminisces me the days our ladies were proudly wearing their cultural garments. I wish today she re-adapts wearing a guntiino or dirac again.

And what is that thing on her neck? They put it on her to make her appear as an African Queen. Maan, those people wax walba...

Blessed   

SO! Being misguided - wrong. Makes it okay to attack someone. They are a lesser being than others.

Waa war :rolleyes:

Originally posted by garab tuujiye:

Meeshaan waxaa kujira gabdho waxkasta iska difaaca oo caqligooda AAAD IYO AAD U YAR YAHAY ee hala yaabina hana isku daalinina in aad wax u sheegtaan. Xidig sidaa tiri oo kale, naag candhadeeda dibada dhigtay oo diin iyo dhaqan tuurtay hadana ku sheeganeesa baa waxaa lagu leeyahay why you care is her choice!! waxaasi caqli yari bee ka tahay gabdhaha sidaa kuleh ee hala yaabin hana isku dayin in aad ka dhaadhicisid trust me.

GT,

Thank you for that dear. Just what we needed to hear. You must excuse my caqli yaraan, because I wasnt brought up to curse ppl who have never done anything to me. Obviously waad ka xuntahay iney Somaaliyad tahay, as if you are in charge of choosing who is Somali and who isnt. Too bad you cant take it away from her eh? smile.gif

Now garanmaayo ciddii idinka dhigtay waardiyayaasha candhadeeda, but if it diturbs you to see pictures of her uncovered, well gosh look away will ya? Intey daawadaanbaa hadhow la odhanayaa 'ufff'...lol..some ppl! Maybe we dont have such a problem because we've never seen those said pics and we dont want to see them either. redface.gif

If it makes you all feel better....by all means caaya oo habaara, because you must obviously be in a good position to be throwing stones. Dont blame me, however, for not following suit, because I have enough trouble with my own danbiyo without voluntarily seeking out more. :rolleyes:

Lastly Xiddig, our reluctance to wish Waris Dirie ill, doesnt have much to do with wanting to emulate her. I'm not sure why you would assume that. :mad:

Originally posted by Hibo:

I don't if any one mentioned this b4.. as I am usually late to do so.. but one thing I noticed is.. why do all the famous Somali girls.. diss our beautiful culture?

Because hon, every beautiful culture has a flaw. Ours happens to be FGM. Can you attest to that? Or that women were not emotionally and physically affected by this barbaric acts against their bodies? And if they run from the culture that has mutilated their bodies, can you really blame them? Excuse me, but do not make it seem like our culture, our people, or our practices are above the rest, because the reality is that it really isnt much different.

Gediid   

I have to politely disagree with you DA,90% of our girls were circumcised but you wont hear them disassociate themselves from Somalis or their culture.The case of Waris is one driven by greed and has nothing to do with FGM.Its also unfair to associate her with the people who are actively engaged in bringing this terrible practice to an end.

Tuujiye   

GT,

Thank you for that dear. Just what we needed to hear. You must excuse my caqli yaraan, because I wasnt brought up to curse ppl who have never done anything to me.

DnD tnx for proofing my point. Sis i never said waad caqli yartahay but i said gabdho caqli yar baa meesha jooga. Hadii aad adiga isku dartay kuwaas waa iqtiyaarkaaga ee been ha iga sheegin please.

P.S Opinionated like the new name lol..

Rokko   

MMA, that is Iman when she was young na'mean. Got more.

U1845262A.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B0cc1292b-3a

BE022189.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B00c2ed9b-5e2

NEW YORK: New York's newest fashion face, model Iman, a 20-year-old, 5/10, regally striking Somali tribeswoman, launches her modeling career here during press conference 10/15 following her arrival from Kenya via London. She's wearing a sari-like sheath of brightly patterned chiffon with her black hair coiffed high off her forehead and the ivory tusks of a warthog joined with silver around her neck. She was discovered by noted jet-set personality and photographer, Peter Beard.