Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Somali supermodel, author, activist attacked in Vienna

Asalaamu caleykum,

Yeah, pretty scary what happened, what a total freak! Good thing she wasn't seriously hurt. But 2 be honest with u i reckon all this stalkin' biz comes with the fame...coz if it's attention she wants she sure did get it.Any wayz may Allah protect her and all muslims from such attacks, ameen.

do you guys ever think she left her somaliniimo or islamic culture for the very fact of how she grew up? i mean i cant imagine her father being very "fatherly" to her if he intended on marrying her off for his wealth. i mean many of us moved ot the west and we didnt go down that path or stopped short of going that path but thats partly cause you/we had a good start to begin wiht right? you werent promised to anyone at 13, run away to a different land culture and find out (through westerners pov) how what happened to you at age 3 (5,6 wtv) was completely unnecessary and foreign/forbidden in this land you escaped to. if her story is true (and i only know bits and pieces of), i cant help but feel it is her family and us as a people whove failed her. she probably wouldnt have turned out like this if she had someone to intervene before she ran away.

Rokko   

What are these inconsistencies?

Her father is a "nomad" who wanted to "sell" her for some five camels. Her uncle, supposedly from her paternal side, is an ambassador to Great Britain.

Don't you guys notice the discrepancies?

As the Soomaali culture we know {families helping to full causes}, I don't think her father would have remained a nomad "selling" his children for some camels whereas her paternal uncle served as an ambassador. Her father would have lived a villa somewhere in Soomaaliya.

MMA, sxb it might've been early days of Is dhiibista in another words way is dhiibtay..lol or perhaps Duqa Ambaasadorka ah aa boos kagaday noooh..lol.

LadyMo, I feel ya about the pic contrast and by no way are they close...where one shines and looks so natural..while other is just so just ok..i guess lol..as the age part goes, I won't even comment on that..aight.

OG_Girl   

She is really cute , come on guys don't be a haters. She looks extremly beautiful with the Hijab... I haven't seen her with out Hijab pic thou.

Kruella   

What is SOL coming down to? The place to post Death wish to our fellow somalis? For what reason? Because she wrote a make believe fairy tale book and wanted to lead her own life as a model? What a vehement response from some of you as if she was a close relative. I guess your pathetic existence justifies that you drag others with you in your sordid neurotic lives. She is an individual who has choosen a path for herself and she has never asked you lot for permission. So next time, either be a well wisher to those in need or just keep your mouths shut.

Salamz

Xiddig, Man above Law, and MMA,

I am extremely disappointed in you brothers and your hateful responses. This woman has done nothing to you. She is Somali, lived her own life, did her own thing, spoke out against FGM. Now, Who gave you the right to judge her? Because she has somali blood? Do you think she owes you anything because she is of the same nationality? MMA, you would knock her down to? Man-Above-Law, you wish death on her?

Ask yourselves this one questions: WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO YOU?

I see we got the art of being mean and nasty down pat in here. How pleasant. What was that Somali saying?...cant remember it, but it was something along the lines of an elephant commenting on another elephant's crap while not seeing his own. Wax alaale iyo wax idinka khuseeya nolosheeda ayaaba iska yar. The fact that she may have had her child in or out of wedlock is irrelevant also, because her child is blameless. Leave them in peace. :rolleyes:

I didnt think that much of the only book I read of hers, but I have nothing against her personally. I think she's entitled to make her own choices and her own way in life. If she's not harming you, why should you want to wish her ill? What she does, as so many b4 me pointed out, is between her and her Maker.

To be stalked is horrific and to be attacked in your own home is even worse. I hope she's alright.

"She should be jailed in Baadiye. She is a shame to the Somalis na'mean. Any gaalo lover is."

Deep, coming from you, thats really funny because I think you should be locked up for your own ignorance.

The best way I can describe your own ignorance is by directing you disillusioned-N-despondent's words, DEEP.

an elephant commenting on another elephant's crap while not seeing his own. Wax alaale iyo wax idinka khuseeya nolosheeda ayaaba iska yar.

Som@li   

Asalaamu calaykum

Aduunyo hadaad iska noolaad tid wax walba waad aragtaa... waxaynu umad dhaqad,Diin,iyo hiddo lagu yaqaan,gartona leh,Naag isqaawisay oo meel walba candhadeeda ku sawirtay,dhaqankii, Sharaftii soomaali lahaydna meel xun kaga dhacday,, marnama nama matali karto,,aad baana uga xumahay in ay soomaaalo sheegato,,Kuwiina u doodaya,,ogada qof walbo oo soomaali ahi wadankiisa waxa uu uyahay safiir.waxaad samaysaana soomalia ooo dhan bay sameyn ku yeelan.

Xadiis laga wariyey Nabegeenii SUubananaha ahaa SCW baa ahaa hadad aragtid qof wax xun sameeyna,,gacanta wax kaga qabo,hadaad awoodi waydid,afka ,hadaad awoodi waydidna niyada...markaa qoftan aad u doodaysaan idinka ma xeer yaqaan baad u tihiin oo iyada baad u shaqaynaysaan. Waan garanayey in qoftani dad badan waalayso,, markaa Ilahay ka baqa oo haku daba lumina.

walaalkiin

Xiddig

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

... I haven't seen her with out Hijab pic thou.

Are you serious? I've only seen her nude picture, I swear i wasn't looking for it but it was just there. I don't have the right to judge her but c'mon posting nude pic? If that is not degrading our religion and culture then what is it?

OG_Girl   

PlayMaker ,wallalo, I don't know her and I am serious I haven't seen her or heard about her before .I am just judging her in this pic in this topic.

Salam

LuCkY   

Tsk...Tsk...Tsk @ Some of YaLL.GLad that it wasnt anything big...No reason to wish iLLness upon her...YaLL dont even know her so...!

Hey, this is not about her private life...its about someone being attacked viciously for no apparent reason, no matter what road they choose in life, they do not deserve this..let God judge..

I see we got the art of being mean and nasty down pat in here. How pleasant. What was that Somali saying?...cant remember it, but it was something along the lines of an elephant commenting on another elephant's crap while not seeing his own. Wax alaale iyo wax idinka khuseeya nolosheeda ayaaba iska yar. The fact that she may have had her child in or out of wedlock is irrelevant also, because her child is blameless. Leave them in peace.

I didnt think that much of the only book I read of hers, but I have nothing against her personally. I think she's entitled to make her own choices and her own way in life. If she's not harming you, why should you want to wish her ill? What she does, as so many b4 me pointed out, is between her and her Maker.

To be stalked is horrific and to be attacked in your own home is even worse. I hope she's alright.

X and DND summed it aLL up for mOi.