Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Do you want to know Baashi's age?

Now now Rahima, he maybe older..erm..much much older… but that’s no reason for us to be unrefined and use foul language. I’m sure even in that department, he can step up his game. Soomaalidu waxay tidhaahdaa, nin gu kaa weyn, gu baas kaa weyn (or something alone those lines) which loosely translates to some1 older than you, can always trick you. So the best thing we can do for our sister, is quit the compliments and excessive attention, leave him alone and only challenge him whenever he slips.

Originally posted by Kaleidoscopic:

... Soomaalidu waxay tidhaahdaa, nin

gu kaa weyn, gu baas kaa weyn..

And you said your Somali is limited to the spoken one! :confused:

Baashi   

Waligeey tanoo kale :D

This can’t be real. Rahima you must have misunderstood what I have said there! First, with all due modest, I’m very humble Oday. Secondly, I wasn’t sarcastic on that post. Thirdly, akhris means shukaansi in ciyaalka xaafada (Benadir youth) lingo not the literal akhris of my almost 2000 posts and dibjiidid, and riigid is a dance male pigeons do when in mood of courting. I meant to say that I was sure you are a helluva lady who is sought after by many suitors. The irony in all of this is that you think I don’t know how to accept a compliment. What better compliment is there for woman than her piety and intellect instead of her curves! I extended a helping hand in the Somali lingo dept ( u indicated that u r in need...) and what have you done...you called a “silly†game!

I’m very surprised that you of all people dragged my lovely wife in this maala yacni. What have I done to deserve this awoowe? icon_razz.gif .

Kaleo, you are still at it eh! Am I now a marked man whose lil slips are eagerly watched, waited and readied for scrutiny? Excellent I will make my debut in the polygamy and feminism department ;) Red meat is it not? :D

Oday aka the dinosaur of SOL

What better compliment is there for woman than her piety and intellect instead of her curves!

Yo Pops! Quit tripping Maynnnn!!

For an Old Playa like you, You very well know, You first compliment her curves then her intelect and piety and all that goody goody ish. :D

Come on Pops! icon_razz.gif

No. I would rather like to know how much money he makes. :rolleyes:

Heerkaan aa lagaarey miyaa? Walee warkale aan sugeeynaa.

Rahima   

Baashi,

So sorry :( , Allah I was only joking, I know my sarcasm stinks, but what can I do? They only allow eight similes in one post :confused: .

Funny. Reading, searching and backtracking through 1558 posts is not my idea of fun; I have better things to do .

And I am not partaking in your silly game Baashi . I am comfortable with my Somali thank-you very much .

^That was an attempt of taking up your challenge LOOL :D . It was a miserable attempt (or so it seems now) and only one more thing becomes clear, my Somali past the every-day lingo sucks.

Thirdly, akhris means shukaansi in ciyaalka xaafada (Benadir youth) lingo not the literal akhris of my almost 2000 posts and dibjiidid, and riigid is a dance male pigeons do when in mood of courting.

You can’t be serious :eek: . And how the hell am I meant to know this? All I know is the shukaansi of ciyaalka Melbourne ;) . Thanks for that, I think I might flex my newly found Somali words on my buddies :cool: .

I’m very surprised that you of all people dragged my lovely wife in this maala yacni. What have I done to deserve this awoowe?

Nothing brother, I swear it nothing. I swear it i admire you and think extremely high of you smile.gif Gosh I feel so bad, it was a joke gone all wrong.

All wrong, I must revise my ways. And um no need to call any of us awoowe anymore, sadly it becomes almost clear that you are not as old as I had hoped :( .

only challenge him whenever he slips.

Not even that, no longer will I try to poke at Baashi, this is enough to last me a lifetime.

Samafal   

War Baashe biyihii Bardacad miyaad cabtay, gabadhu waxay kaarabto sii maandhe smile.gif

I cant believe Bashi's age attracted this publicity....What a good way of passing time... or?