Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

..WHO SAID SOMALI MEN CAN'T COOK?..A VIDEO PROOF..

RedSea   

Waryaa iga qaad diirada, waan ogay in aad ticket la isiiyey, laakin uma noqonayo haduu EEbe raali ka ahaado...qaybta siyaasa laakin Af ingriis waan ku hadli karaa sowma ogid?

Haneefah   

Congratulations on the new restaurant CT. The food looks delicious, in fact, I've been taken to your other location couple of times and loved the food (the salmon dish esp). You're at the forefront when it comes to presentation and creativity, both of which other Somali restaurants could use much more of.

I actually make a similar dish to your chicken fantastik at home, only I substitute the cream for carnation or coconut milk, add red bell peppers for more colour and I serve it with couscous instead of rice. It really goes well with it.

So yea, perhaps you should try and incorporate a bit of North African cuisine and viola, you got the ultimate fusion smile.gif

Insha'Allah, I'll try to pay your new place a visit on my next trip to MN.

Chimera   

Originally posted by CLEVER-TREVOR:

Who said somali men can't cook?

Anyway i remmember northerner asking me to post

this so i did.

Northerner,

This one was for you...

LAYZIEG..Here is that dish...

And to those of you that have voted on the past

segment of The Minneapolis City Pages,

Thank you.

Well watch the Video from this morning

and let me know what you think..thanx..

Check out the flag to my right..

thats alot of love..

lol represent brother

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_Somalia

could you expand this page a bit?

also could you take a pic of traditional Somali food with a Somali flag next to it like in the video? smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

I am writing an essay on Somali cuisine, and came across this post. So, I thought hey give the brother a positive feedback, not that you need any one to motivate you it shows how passionate you are about what you do.

I am truly amazed by your creativity and cooking skills, and who would have thought a somali brother would be that passionate about cooking? ...So, walaal keep up the good work smile.gif

Nephissa   

Most Somali restaurant chefs are men, so yes Somali men can cook and white men can jump icon_razz.gif .

Nonetheless, cooking is one of the most pleasing qualities a woman can offer a man separate from the obvious, LOL. Markaa jikada hanagu ciriirinina.

We are just lazy to cook. We make our women fetch the water, build the Aqal Somali, cook, clean while we go around looking for a second, third, fourth wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And nowadays earn our living by sending the 4 wives to collect welfare so we can just enjoy our khat. Aren't we lucky

Ehm. Sorry I couldn't hold the truth anymore I tried and tried hard but coulnd't. I retract every thing I said. I am a proud Somali man. We take care of our women we are the ones building the Aqal somali and they eat the khat. How is that?