Sign in to follow this  
Kamaavi

What Influences Your Current Political Beliefs?

Kamaavi   

On this forum we seem split into two sides but it is much

more complex than that. Some people choose political

affiliations based on religions, or clans,or what their parents

were, or a life changiing experience. What brought you

to your current belief system?

Ameen   

Living in the West, I would have to support the party whose policies are closest to the Islamic values and morals.

It's all about your interests at least for myself, you should favor which ever political party caters to your interests in somalia and the west. In somalia, political interests is synonymous with clan interests therefore one has no choice but to support one's clan interests. As napolean said "A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights".

Fabregas   

But, you do not live in Somalia, do you?

In any case, at least you truthful, unlike the unholy brigade in the politics section who hide behind the banner of: somali unity, governance and all the bogus claims.

No, I don't, but I'm still connected to my region and people.

Let me tell you something my freind, there are not many genuine somali's, everyone is looking out for their interests. Every group wants somali unity on the condition that their adeer and their people are leading it. You should be doing the same and abandon this hopeless cause of somali unity.

Fabregas   

^^Being connected to your tribe or region doesn't mean you follow them like an ignorant sheep or that they have to shape your political ambitions( which are mostly negative in the SOmali case).

winnie   

my qabiil shapes my political views on somalia... but only in the sense that i tend to go against the waves of popular opinion.

my people say x is the best suited leader; i ask them why and point out some of the obvious over cites.

my people say "dont trust that group", i say "thats exactly what they are saying about us."