Sign in to follow this  
7_steps_2_Heaven

HOW MANY LANGUAGES CAN U SPEAK?

nafta   

na dee dames, wacht op me nooh, ik voel me nu een beetje buiten gesloten. Dus goudse kaas en pinda sauce...yam yam. En hagelslag en douwe egbert...ach ik zit hier me boodschappen lijst te geven maar cool zo. Nu komen de nlers eindelijk uit hun schuilplaats!

Wie woont er nog daarzo en wie is al de zee overgestapt??

Ik zelf heb de boot genomen :( ...dus dawaco, misschien moet ik jou mijn boodschappen laten doen, deze britten hier bakken er gewoon nix van. ;)

White-angel, meidke ik kom haast niet meer op paltalk, maar is altijd wel lachen h oe die kaaskoppen daarzo tekeer gaan...Hey misschien moeten we allemaal een date maken daarzo een keer :D

Translation for Ameenah:

Originally posted by Continental Batchelor:

[qb] ^^^^Ameenah....Meme kiswahili yangu ni inzurisana. Na jua luqa tatu. English, Somali and kiswahili!.

My swahili is good. I know three languages. English........

Sasa kuna walendo wengi sana hapa wanajifanya wanajua kiswahili!.LOOOOOOOL.

These days there are alot somalis(from the motherland) who claim to know kiswahili.

To Cont.bach naona kiswa chako kimekuwa kidogo rusted.

STOIC   

I would have translated for Aminah but i just didn't want to vitiate continental bachelors "claim" of swahili language.

Blessed   

^^^ CB likes you dee. Wiilku wuu kaa helaa ;)

Sade your a darling..Thnx!

That was very not helpful MR CB- I want a teacher not someone taht going to ge all agro on me.

STOIC   

SOL women are urbane,veracious,soignee and they all have a good charismata.I don't contribute alot to the forums but i do read most of the postings.Good job everyone.

I'm a bit late to the convo, but nothing is every too late on Somali time, eh?

Alhamdullilah, I speak English, French and Somali. And inshallah, within the next ten years, I hope to pick up Arabic and Spanish---who knows, maybe even to the point of equal fluency amongst them all? That's a lot to ask, I know---but inshallah!

LadyMo   

I speak Danish (fluently), Somali(quite fluently), German (gettin a bit rusty-havent spoken it for years) and English (fluently)

See the difference with me is that I prefer learning the nice words first when it comes to foreign words such as nakupenda sana or nakupenda keshensi (swahili) kunichua [thanx] and nihow [hello](approximate sound spellin-either chinese or japanese) mercy (french), kam hada (arabic-shoppin) and so on.

By the way OG-Moti dont dispair ur not de only1 who dont hav a first language mine is either Somali or Danish cant remember how I learnt either of them.

Senora   

I've learned more languages than you could shake a stick at

Who are you telling! A few years back, i took french for three years( and I had what I would call my own personal tutor), and now you cant even get me to ask the basic " get-to-know" you questions(how old r u, where do u live, etc)... When I went to school in Holland, I knew Dutch fairly well( conversationally that is, it was still pretty difficult for me to read and write it for some reason), and now I forgot how to say Hi!! Its getting harder and harder for me to learn languages now too.. When I was younger and went to Somalia, it took less than a few weeks before I nailed it, and i knew the language like the back of my hand...but when i went back a two summers ago , I was mocked, mimicked, looked down upon with my " american accent." The only language I know well is English now. I'm going on my second year of Arabic( but that doesn't look good) and I hope it doesnt take long for me to larn the swahili language( now that I'v gotten another personal tutor) ;)

dawoco   

Nafta, schatje ik ben ook de noordzee over gezwommen :(

Ik droom nog steeds over vlaamsche flaai nooh....ik zou mijn nieren voor honingdrop verkopen en mijn eigen zus voor patatje oorlog weg geven,,,,

Dus mischien kunnen we samen boodschappen? lol, meid we moeten weer naar laagland!

Cheeta   

Are you all forgeting body language?

You would have to be a good observer to know what the other person is thinking/feeling.

Raxmah   

Salaams

I speak Somali, English, Spanish(going on my 6th year studying it, not that good though yet)and just started arabic classes.