Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Memories of Xamar/Mogadishu

Xamar once used to be the most cleanest and safest city on the continent... Yaa rabbi ilaahow Xamar kusoo celi xasiloonidii iyo kala danbayntii.

xamar is my hometown, i was born and raised in xamar,,, all my life is about xamar,,, dagaalo iyo isbaro iyo balaayo oo dhan but still it was good enaf to live with it,,,

life was simple and at the same time very complicated since there was war and balaayo... i remember going to shukaansi, and hunting girls afternoon at makiinada cajiinka and habeenkii la cayaro meelaha iyo baashaal....

now its all memory,

cayaal faa cali lolzzz anyone remember,, asxaabul fawdo ay ahaayeen kuwaas bateri oo futada dadka laga geliyo iyo habeenkii oo macawuus dhagax lagu shubo then dadka wadada maraayo lagu garaaco hahahah crazy stf dude

Nina Fox   

Some of my earlier memories of Xamar was not a happy one. We moved to Somalia in 1986 and the first thing my parents did was take us to Wardhiigleey (where they both resided).

*As a child, I was amazed and appalled at the sheer cheek of the people popping in and out of each others homes always borrowing something (sometimes without asking).

*The doors were always open, even at night which was scary iyo nus.

* We went to grandma's house one morning and were introduced to her animals and by afternoon we were told we were eating one of the goats my brother and I were petting. Nightmare iga dheh.

*Whenever we visited family, were often overfed and over critisized for being too "westernised"

*Dont even get me started on the toilets loooooooool OMG

*Mom insisted on us going to dugsi and after a week were taken out coz we were contaminated with injir looooooool

On a happier note, I enjoyed the beach, the hospitality (had to get used to it in the end).

*I loved how Aabo and his friends would sit under the tree and sip coffee whilst listening to BBC or somethin.

*I miss the Subac Soon sessions during Ramadan.

*In 1988 we moved to Huriwaa from Kaaraan. I loved that neighbourhood coz everyone stayed in their houses and kept to themselves (finally something I was used to).

*We were allowed to keep pets. A deer, 3 dogs, pigeons, chicken, a monkey, a turtle, and an injured goat my habaryar gave my mom to recouperate in our house.

*I miss my school, my friends and the nastiness we got upto at school parties pranking innocent people. Aaaaaaaah those were the days.

If I was granted one wish in life, t'would be to go back in time and re-enjoy those days walaahi. :(

Carafaat   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;732525 wrote:
2zydcuc.jpg

Xamar - 1977

5u1bsw.jpg

My best memories from Xamar are of the beach and the Indian Ocean. Never have I seen an ocean with so much character and attitude, each wave of this sea was unique and wild.

We left Xamar after the Jazeera Massacre. I always wonder how it would feel to return to my

Birth place If it would feel like sweet home coming or if Xamar defitenly lost its innosence.