Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Memories of Xamar/Mogadishu

Aaliyyah   

^^Insha'Allah hun it will be peaceful soon enough and u will go back to it!..my family was there fr 2 yrs bt I have no memory of it. However, I do treasure my family album. Hamar was definitely a beautiful place...alle sideedi haku so celiyo somalina dhibta haka qado. Ameen..

salaam

Ms MoOns   

Amiin to that walaashiis!

I was six when I came to Europe.

And thankfully, I do have some memories of the little time I grew up in Mogadishu, not much, but enough to tell people, ''I remember when I was four I used to ... ''

For now, I'll just treasure those, till one day I can go back and make new memories, insha allah!

Aaliyyah   

^I am glad u have some memory to hold on to, I left somalia when I was 3...and sadly I cant remember a thing!..Inshallah dalkeena waan ku noqon anago nabad ah!..

@making new memories, inshallah it will be sooner than we think. Make sure you add Somalia to your prayers at all times!..

salaam

MMA, widaayoow memory of xamar lee la isku ogaay, Baraawe see camal. Mardhow meesha dhan tuuloyin oo la maqlin iyo buuro aa laga soo buuxinaa iska fiirso :) Thanks for the great pics..

Chimera   

Somalina;698342 wrote:
Welcome party in Xamar for Abdi Bile after becoming the first Somali world champion in the 1500 metres (1987)

The party is 1988.

Wow, what a funky party, and the boy can dance man. The best part starts at 1:30, what a nice guitar riff. I wish I could spend a week in 80s Somalia.

Baashi   

Mogadishu was a great city. It is still the national seat of the Somalia that once existed. Today is down but I dare say not out.