Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Memories of Xamar/Mogadishu

Blessed   

Which one is your Eedo, Somalina? Sisters are niiice too, Masha Allah. I remember malkhabada iyo timaha dhinacyada laga soo saari jiray. I used to think that was the hottest thing.. LOL

Somalina   

At the bottom, banooniga midigta xiga ay gacanta u saarantahay. Adeerkey islaantiisa ayey la dhalatey. Aad ayaan uga danbeyn jirey, she was very confident and no nonsense woman.

Markaad yartahay wax walba cool cool ayaad moodaa. Some hairdos oo ay my older siblings and relatives ay ku sawiran yihiin marka arko hadda waan qoslaa, "what were they thinking" camal. lol...

My mother's generation was more Jackie O compared to kuwii ka danbeeyey. They had superb taste in fashion (Somali style). I think their diet was better too. No heavy ladies oo aan socon karin mala arki jirin caadi ahaan. I would've loved to be born then, wadankeyga ayaan ku raaxeysan lahaa like there is no tomorrow. lol

Nugul   

You have good memories of Somalia. I was about 11 and half when the war started in Mogadishu. I remember a lot of things. I went back last year 2009 though I could not visit Mogadishu, the place of my birth for obvious reasons, I went to Garowe, Hargeysa, Gabiley then to the south I visited Balabhawa, Ellwak and Kismayo (yes, Kismyo !).

I had one Somali song that I love a lot on my headphone ( Arligeyga). Soomalia is beautiful. People inside Somalia are less clanist than those abroad.

Somalina   

MMA, waa kaa qaadey salaanta. Xabsigee ku xareysneed beryahan? ma lagu soo daayey hadda? :D:D:D

Koley masaajidkii iyo Washamsigii inaad weli u baahan tahay shaki kuma jiro...lol

Salaan sare walaal. Bash bash iyo barwaaqo, waad mahadsantahay.

Mayaani, kacaanka tv-ga ayaan ka daawadey uun. Kii labaad ayaan si fiican ugu qeyb gali doona InshaAllah. :D