Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Memories of Xamar/Mogadishu

Kool_Kat   

Maseeraa ku haayo, waa muud-muudsataa!!! Waa baan heestaa maqli jiray...

Wax la'is weydiiyo maxumee, lugaheyga iney dhuuban iyihiin iyo inkale intee ku aragtay? Riyooyinkaagii maa bilowday again waryaa? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Haatu, sxb ha'idambaajin ee idaa...Intee igala qaaday laakiin? Maxaan kaa sameeyay? Inaad oysid aanba kabaqaa mardhow! :D

Haatu   

***Pls let the "tabar yarey" comment be wax
sujuunimadiisa iyo Gaarisa busteeda ugeysay
, PLS!***

Halkan maxaa ku geeye? Intaas un caddee cunsuri yahey.

Besides, waaba ceeb in nin weyn uu ooyo. :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Haatu:

quote:

***Pls let the
"tabar yarey" comment
be wax sujuunimadiisa iyo Gaarisa busteeda ugeysay, PLS!***

Halkan maxaa ku geeye? Intaas un caddee cunsuri yahey.

Besides, waaba ceeb in nin weyn uu ooyo.
:DAdiga waxaad ka waday the bolded part beey ku socotaa, ee adiga maxaad the bolded part kawaday?

Sheekadaada ooyin waa dhaafi rabtaa, baroor.org ee isku badali rabtaa!!! icon_razz.gif

All these memories being dished out has made me sad, I think I am going to cry :(

*goes off to her corner*

Only thing i remember about Somali is drinking vimto and eating peanuts in the back of my dad's car. They were wrapped tightly in a paper... cone-like-shaped paper that still amazes me, considering the fact that later on in my life i witnessed my Ayeeyo spit in a similar shaped paper lol

Oh, oh and nac-nac lubaani, i always loved how the girls selling them chanted in the streets of "wardigley" i know that is no way near the actual spelling of it.

That is all i have, will come back if i miraculously remember something :D

Somalina   

:D:D @this thread. Knarly.

@KK, bas ka dheh yaaqoo ciyaal waamo-daan! lol... inta mar qosley ma ogi runtii...marka KK ha noolaato! and CX of course! :D

Haatu   

^ Nina horta you've had it against me since day 1 when you insinuated I had no friends but refused to get me my jalaato so dhinac iskaga leexo. icon_razz.gif

As for the calaan, well she is after all from Qardho and reer Maasha'allah (you know what I mean by this ;) ) so waxbo kale ma laga sugaayo. :D

Now I leave it to Bob to defend my beautiful city.

Kool_Kat   

e-Hug @Haatu! *aad ha'iigu sii dhagin ee fuq*

Waad iga reysay hadaadba reer Mansha'allah tiri, oo aadna ;) kusii dartay...Siin u dhoola caseeyay lee hadii ogaan leheed, shib iska dhehbo! Alxamdulilaah... :cool:

Nina, jir oo joog oo jinkaa ladheel-dheel sxb! Haatu iidaa, ee jalaatadii aad kun iyo konton sano kahor ka balanqaaday sii ishiisa yee ku helinee...

I am jealous of Haatu now - getting e-hug from the lady of Qardho. :D

As for the topic - it is sad that beautiful Xamar is being reduced to memories only - as if tough it is dead. People the city is alive and will live to tell the tale insha'Allah. Although i never been there - i hope to visit one day.

Taleexi   

Sayid: Haatu collecting e-hugs from left to right is a matter of a concern for all of us and I feel your sentiments smile.gif . With that said, Xamar will rise from the ashes IA. No power on earth can tie it down forever. Even though I took my first 7 years of my life in Shalanbood then Xamar, I vividly remember its beauty, my everlasting friendship with school mates, friends is something I cherish every day, when I compare her pics before and after, I hallucinate .... Rest assured though, Somalis built it and the same Somalis destroyed it and, finally only Somalis can restore the glory days of Xamar....Clearly, that calls lots of effort and hard work and let us hope that be the case.

525734000_562e383a48_b.jpg

95141281_662ea436d4_b.jpg

517938266_bd638eabcd_b.jpg

517960751_e18326e4be_b.jpg

95136823_795b0ff29d_b.jpg

95152397_0a2a7c055c_b.jpg

95152395_6c932a2d8b_b.jpg

Haddii nabad la heli lahaa Soomaali sidaan camal ah ayaa ka shaqeysan lahaa, kana faa'ideysan lahaa as they did during the UNOSOM. Those in the picture were the local Soomaali staff.

Xamar, 1993. It still looked beautiful.