Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Memories of Xamar/Mogadishu

Jidkaas saa u sheegaysid hayuu yahay, arbaca rukun iyo aargada inay gadaal soo jiraan waaye.

851251327_43a6b5a5c0_o.jpg

852112190_a8ec36325a_o.jpg

Mogadishu2.jpg

post some of prewar Arbaca Rukun pics.

Meesha waa Afrikaan Filaj suu Geelle noo sheegay. I can't believe Ninac iyo Maadeey waa garan waayeen.

Haatu, ebidkaa Xamar ma aragtay horta? Xamarbille kulahaa. Xamarbille ma taqaan horta? No sheeg xaafadaha ku dhex yaali jiray qaarkood. Haddaa sheegtid laba xaafad ka mid ahayd baaquli soor ugaali ah aa laguu diyaarinaa. :D

Ninac, meesha saa ku qiyaasaaye ee noqotay hee, yacni waxaa ka wadaa meesha Shabeelle waaye markaa kulahaa. Boggagii hore lasoo mooday ku qoray saas.

Bankiga Ganacsiga Shabeelle uu ku yaalay, agagaarkaas dhan berisamaadkii waxaa la dhihi jiray Shabeelle, waa meesha Xamar ugu bilicsanayd.

bankiga1.png

Geelle, waa kanaa masaajidka Arbacrukun aad raadineysay pre-civil war. Bankiga Ganacsiga ee Ninac ka hadleyso inay tahay sartaas cad bidixda kaa qabaneyso jeclahay, ma hubi Bankiga Dhexe iyo midka Ganacsiga sartaas midee tahay.

852112190_a8ec36325a_o.jpg

Sartaan magaca ku qoran kan ugu horeeyo xarafka uu ka bilowdo ka maqan yaa sheegi karo? Waa su'aal sahlan and another helpful hint: He was one of the richest men in Xamar back then.

Maba ogeyn sar uu leeyahay in uu iskugu magacdaray ninkaas. Kaliya

ogaa in uu lahaa ileen tana asagaa lahaa.

Cajalkaas Savoy Centre ka muuqdo waa meesha u dhow hadda meeshaa ka hadleyno iyo see u ekaatay hadda.

My fav place in xamar...suuqa xoolah ee wardeegley!! day time, it was fun watching the animals, specially camels.

Afternoon, it was a good place to play soccer and get bitten by those biting insects that the animals left behind.

Originally posted by NinaNC:

J waaye. Sax?

Weli waa la habeyn karaa wax dhib ah ma leh jidadka iyo sarahaas dudumey ee nabad ayuunba loo baahan yahay.

J ma'aha, waa S. :D Kaftan. Waala heshay.

Igaarka iga koreeyo Suuqa Xoolaha iyo Wardhiigleey isku meel ka dhigay. :D:D Ar Xamar maxaa kooyto lagu ahaa.

Somalina   

19364133312809808215274.jpg

Qaxii meeshan ayaa joogey 2 bilood, I still remember it like it was last night before 23:00 hrs. smile.gif

Ciyaal Waamada arkahee? kuwaan yaa kaluun ku dherbaaxa?

MMA, suaashaas aad ayey u fududeyd. :D

My life as a German in Somalia

German_Somali1.jpg

German_Somali2.jpg

German_Somali3.jpg

I arrived with my family in Mogadishu, November 1984, I was 15 years old and was looking forward to all the experiences that awaited me in Somalia, my father was sent as an engineer from the West German government as part of West Germany's aid to Somalia .

We got a nice house in the Hodan neighborhood in Mogadishu, Mogadishu was so peaceful that one could walk at night without fearing anything, the women’s were modern and well dressed, Mogadishu was one of the world's most beautiful cities, the city also had world-class universities, and there was no garbage on the streets. I was sent on "American School of Mogadishu," which was an international school for foreign children, after school, we all used to go to the Lido beach, it was a paradise!

Our Somali neighbors in Hodan was incredible friendly and tolerant, they made it easier for us to get used to Somalia, I became friends with many of the children in the Hodan area, I never learned to speak Somali, although my Somali friends tried hard. On weekend’s we visited Hotel Al-Uruba who had a good nightclub, Mogadishu had generally a dynamic nightlife. Often my family went with our neighbors to go to the farms between Mogadishu and Kismayio, it was a paradise! My family was Catholic and every Sunday we used to go to the largest Catholic Church in Africa which was in Mogadishu, right next to a mosque. Every Wednesday the European boys were selling cookies around Mogadishu, our cake was bad, but the Somalis used to buy them not to hurt us.

But when the European club members ran marathon race through Mogadishu, the Somalis though that we were crazy! And at night! Mogadishu was a safe city….

In December 1990 we were evacuated by the U.S. Army after a rebel group called the United Somali Congress attacked Mogadishu, I came to Somalia in 1984, a beautiful peaceful country, and I fled from a burning Somalia in 1990.

I thank the great Somali people for having me and my family as guests in their beautiful country for so many years, and I pray they get peace and prosperity.

Peter Bern

This is one of the best read i had in a long time, yes i have read from page 1 which started 12/02/2008 thorugh yes page 14 which is posted 10/21/2010. So i have been swimming stories from 3yrs in a row ,thank you all, now i have to put my two cents.

1-I have not seen anyone mentioned "Benadir Secondary School" i wonder why? am i the oldest Soamli alive today?

2- Lol @ Suuqa Xoolaha walaahi i used to go with my Dad during the Ciid to buy a goat to be slaughtered yes that place was good to be .

3-I can't forget my sweet Little alley, Via Liberia xaafada Waaberi sitting and watching beautifull sisters passing by,what a memory> anyway thanks for sharing and yes whether Xamar is dead or not memories will last forever.

Kudos to the creater of this thread.War shaah waa in aan kuu qaadno.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by NinaNC:

19364133312809808215274.jpg

Qaxii meeshan ayaa joogey 2 bilood, I still remember it like it was last night before 23:00 hrs.
smile.gif

Ciyaal Waamada arkahee? kuwaan yaa kaluun ku dherbaaxa?

MMA, suaashaas aad ayey u fududeyd.
:D

Meeshan ma Sambuusaa.... I vividly remember visiting there my days in Ceel Jaalle in Marka Caddeey.... Marka Caddeey minankow Cismaanka iga dheh