Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Memories of Xamar/Mogadishu

Ariadne   

my fondest memory is leaving home at sunrise and coming home at sunset...and not having to worry about anything but running as fast and as hard as i could and running into other kids.

the moqdishu tuna (can't remember what it was called)

the house i grew up in, my grandma making all of my dresses...

going to my cousins house to watch soccer games

my grandma's raaqe jalaato

eating a gauva everyday fresh from the market

the milk ladies ( although i hate milk now)

walking to dugsi and what an adventure that was

a corner here and there and all of a sudden between me and the dugsi it was endless horizon

the xalwo with the loos and siin siin ...sigh

and of course the indian ocean how saturated in colour it was and beautiful...there is no ocean like it... on rainy days licking your lips and tasting salt by the ocean

Ariadne   

getting on the airplane with my mom and leaving behind my grandma and my brother.... watching them from the window as we took off.

I remember going to Savoy Center with other kids just to have a ride on the elevator and been chased out by the guards..or going to school farsamada hoostiisa to rent bikes.

Iskool Farsamada soo ma ahayn kan ku yaalay Lambarafar? Waa kii cusbaa. Meeshaas bushuleetiyada lagu kireyn jiray ogaa, dhowr jeerna waa aaday ciyaalkeena yaryar.

And I didn't know Savoy Centre had wiish. Soomaaliya meel wiish lahayd maba ogeyn.

still wey taagan tahay ka waran wali. Agagaarkaas dhan burbursan ka taagan sartaas kaliya, xataa Baar Fiat suu u muuqdo arag.

money   

I remember Kudkudaha Suuqa Xoolaha, garaabadda suuqa siinaay and koolo formica. I worked in both places as street boy. Morning I will go to pickpocket the reer baadiye, the gadisleey, then in the evening we will hit Siinaay, collect Qat leftovers , replenish and repackage it as Marduuf bundle - in between these two activities was lazy afternoons sniffing glue (koolo fomrico, then Qafaal came to cleanse the streets from ciyaal darbi - and that was when the war started ....rest is history

Nephissa   

ahhaa, money, raggeedii walahi! Dadkan is wada caruureenaayo adaa ka qatarsan, mid kasto anoo ciyaal ah & waxaa jiri jiray, aabaheeyaa nanac ii gadi jiray uu la soo shir baxay. Mid dhashiike aa saarnaa dhaho waa la waayay! Adi cayaal luushito waaye, abaay abaaay.. :D

Abwaan   

loool...money saaxiib please tell us the rest dee...I know ciyaal-koollo upgraded their business in mainly becoming militia...

Prinz   

Xamar got a never dying history in all Somali race, 95% if not more, of the fanaaniin/abwaaniin ma jiro nin aan Xamar soo marin.

I really miss it.

RedSea   

Everything you speak, I've experienced in Hargeisa. So far nothing that I hadn't had has been mentioned.

Besides, is this the time of the yr. where everyone claims to be from Xamar? :D

Buuxo   

^Nagadaa foorjada.Doesn't it say on your passport mogdishu as your place of birth? :D

Redka,Memories of Hargeisa thread's aren't too popular nooh.All folks mention is the dagax and qudrad la'aanta icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by money:

I remember Kudkudaha Suuqa Xoolaha, garaabadda suuqa siinaay and koolo formica. I worked in both places as street boy. Morning I will go to pickpocket the reer baadiye, the gadisleey, then in the evening we will hit Siinaay, collect Qat leftovers , replenish and repackage it as Marduuf bundle - in between these two activities was lazy afternoons sniffing glue (koolo fomrico, then Qafaal came to cleanse the streets from ciyaal darbi - and that was when the war started ....rest is history

Ha ha ha. Good one. :D

^You know, i've always wondered,how do you guys really feel loosing your childhood memory? I mean,it must really suck knowing that you can never ever go back and walk thru that memory lane,Ever. That gotta be sad. Mhmm...

That said, I hate Xamar(Mogadishu). smile.gif