Sign in to follow this  
Lefty

Any paranoid of SARS

Lefty   

You don't have to be scared but There's nothing wrong about being vigilant in case of a danger moment. Protection for own self is necessity for everyone!

loooool@Shyhem

if your immune system is that strong, then you must be half man half alien. But I can tell that if any oriental person contaminated with that virus coughs right to your face, your whole defense blood cells will be history. No matter how much you have been through, yourself needs protection from you.

og-moti..your case is very exceptional since you're very close to Asian people. Just make sure you protect yourself as best as you can by any means necessary. Even if it takes to mistrust and misjudge your students.

koolkat.. Actually, this isn't the only virus that chinese people brought up most recently..There's another instant killer virus which they created two years ago in their laboratory but The World Health Organization suddenly found out and they were asked to terminated it as soon as possible although they claimed that they had its cure. Lately, Chinese people are up to something.

ilhaam..the Nurse you mentioned maybe is the same person layzie is asking. Protect yourselves wherever you are cause this virus could be created intentionally as AIDS to lower the world's population or some other reasoning! There are alot of conspiracy going on!

------------

Ilhaam, isolation ku dil, LOL...

Not that I want SARS but even if I had it, I probably go out of my way and infect as many pple as I can possibly infect, I would go libraries, clubs, resturants, markets, malls...even go to a blue jay game and I HATE BASEBALL(if I am going down, ima take y'all with me, thats how I work, I will not die alone, let them fine my ass $5, 000, How do they expect a dying person to pay a fine???)[/i]

ISTAQ FURALLAH...it's all your fault ILHAAM, now u made me thinking about what if.....TINTA ISKA RIF AA KUDHAHAY.....

Kool_Kat   

Layzie, taking everyone down with you aa!!! Walee ii ma soo dhowaatid...Xaga lee ka soo hadlee, ama mabnuuc aa agteyda katahay...

Haneefah   

Oh my God...it IS so scary, I'm not even from toronto but damn orientals...they're like everywhere and especially at U of Waterloo where they make up almost 50% of the students if not more...Thank GOD school is over...so yes, this does alarm everyone from Ontario somehow.

Khayr...yea, I had an organic and human phys exam on the same day...so a little headache/fever did work to my advantage and I deferred one :D

But I have to admit...I do feel sorry for torontonians who are as everyone knows at the greatest risk of getting infected...I passed T.O today on my way back from ottawa and we made a stop to eat....I litteraly was like...TO GO...no sitting down in a restaurant for me...so I can only imagine what ppl who live there must be going through. And I would strongly suggest those party/ruwaayad ppl to take a break for awhile, or avoid any public gathering places for that matter. The CDC and WHO have issued guidelines as to how to protect yourself from contamination, visit their sites !!

Here's the good news though...they have sequenced the SARS coronavirus which means that they're finally able to develop a vaccine ;)

Lazie...ax walalo, xaasidnimada intaa la'eg maxay tahay, lol.

Akademik   

Don't worry i read a Article about

this desease being harmless to somalians.

WORRY LESS..

If any trouble, you know who'll be there....

;)

Miriam1   

LOOL Superman with u around we all are super safe icon_razz.gif

Ppl there is no need to panic i was listening to the radio, and some doctor was saying that u had more of a chance to get into a car crash than get Sars the media is blowing it out of propotion..man i sorta feel sorry for the chinese..for once thier convience stores are running out of business lol

OG Moti   

Kool_Kat haye war cusub.. you want to bring me there and sponser me and after that make me wash your cloths, cook for u, clean the house, and if i dont do that you will put bac madoow all my stuff which you will claim was not much, just a shirt and a short and put the outside and tell me to get lost, or even tell the Authorities that i have Arabian background and i might know some good information related to 9/11.. sister i rather be here and run everytime i see someone qufacaayo and hindisoonaayo, and byt he way running is good for me after all i have to lose this calool and this fat stuff i got in my body, no sis thanx i dont wana sponsered.. loooooooool

but inshaAllah this deasese will stick to those who are against Allah .. Torono people waxaad qeylisaan ba hada dadkii diid iney torono tagan, hayaay china= torono ware cusub ilaahey kuligiin ha idinka ilaaliyo cudurkan aamiiiin peace

Senora   

SARs is becoming a very serious issue nowadays, and i can see how many of you can say that its just getting blown out of proportion, b/c them media is notorious when it comes to that. ...

But all i want to say is, dont just blame thisonthe asians... Im hearing so many of you, " those damn indho yaar". It's like with AIDS. At first people were like, those damn gay people, and then it switched up, though some tried not to admit, " those africans". I'm not trying to compare AIDs to SARS, because in actuality, SARS is killing/affecting people in a much more rapid speed than AIDS ever was, which is why I think it is a serious issue that needs our attention. But please dont target the asians for this deadly disease....the only thing we can blame them for is keeping it a secret for so long

Kool_Kat   

War hooy OG_Motiyoow maaka joog tid...Adilee waaye hadaa diiday in aad ka soo tagto meeshaas, wixii kaaga yimaado waxba ha'iga siinin...

As for me kicking you out or calling the authorities on you if you don't cook for me, sxb that ain't my style...Besides I was only doing you a favor...

Iska cun caara caarada ee dadkaas Cambodianska cunaan, iyo wax yaalaha kale...Koleey ha dhihin Kool_Kat did try to help me...looooool

Ariadne   

SARS? oh puh leese the media knows how to play on humans looming fear and blow something tiny extremely out of proportion.

In 1918-1920 20 million people died of influenza in North America. WWI killed 18 million and yet people were going about their everyday business.

Lets see now SARS HAS KILLED ONLY 20 SOMETHING PEOPLE (last time I checked it was 21) and everyone is sh*ting their pants because of oh my 21 ppl dead!

on a less serious note the travel and tourism board of Toronto has come up with some slogans to boost tourism in Toronto once again they all had me rolling on the floor laughing:

1)Toronto, it will take you breath away

2)It's our infectously kind nature to share

3)Toronto, there's something in the air

4)Toronto, take it home with you

5)Toronto cause your not Billy Joel or Elton John

6)Come share our city with your family

7) Toronto, Cause only wimps go to New York

8) You will love the solitude we provide (qarantine)

and my favourite one

Come for SARS.... stay for Westnile :D

Iffah   

Originally posted by S.O.S:

8) You will love the solitude we provide (qarantine)

and my favourite one

Come for SARS.... stay for Westnile
:D

Loool! Luv those two. Hey did you take advantage of the low gas prices last weekend? That was crazy!

Lazie..Lol. Bisinka...xaasidnimada intee ka keentay? Ha isoo marin aan ku iri icon_razz.gif

LadyMo   

I agree wiv S.O.S a lil too coz I find de whole thing kinda strange.

I mean first it was de

* 9/11 then

* war against de Taliban in Afghanistan

* usual bombs in Israel by Palestinians & then revenge

* Bringin Peace 2 de Iraqis by bombin de most influencial buildings + rippin dem off several 1000s of years worth of history

*FINALLY SARS

Its just funny to me how de whole media business is steadily increasin from constantly bringin us live reports from all ova de world about de most controversial stories.

I cant say I dont believe de SARS is out there as such but the media is manipulatin its significance greatly and people all ova de world are now paranoid and wear protective gear (gas masks) which in real fact wont protect them from anythin (for more than 30minutes!) Just picture how happy de gas mask manufacturers are rite now!!

Wat next??

At the end of the day we'll all die so wats de big deal?? I mean wat do u prefer dying from American bombs or SARS?? Maybe this whole SARS thing is only blown out of proportion so we can forget about all de innocent people still suffering from the bombs dropped in Iraq!

Think about it..

Ariadne   

Ilhaam: yeah, but the prices are rising all over again and before long they'll be through the roof again. It almost makes you want to wish infectous diseases would happen more often so they can lower the gas prices in an effort to get people going out again.

Exdane: seems kinda fishy dosn't it?

SARS, bars! my black object of rump shaking! All I know is dual-citizenship really does come in handy. Let's just hope the T-dot gets cleared up, or atleast gains a tight control on this SARS epidemic before Caribana, can't let SARS win over tradition.

I'm a grown woman ....Can some1 convince my mom to let me go to Toronto?!!!! semester's over, I'm bored and Toronto is right around the corner. Damn you SARS.

Oh well :(

On a serious note, there was a point where I was worried for family, friends, including some of you nomads!!! I hope this thing dies down soon.