Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Lets play the game of what happens next....

What Happens Next?

-------------------------------------------------

This is basically a game where you are to write what happens next in the story. Its designed to see how good and imaginative the next person is. Each post should end in a cliff hanger and the next person to reply has to pick up where the other left off! This can only work if we keep the story going and be creative enough! lets begin....

Once upon a time, and a very good time it was too, I drove back home from work. I was hungry and thought of the ice-cream ladden with vanilla waiting for me in the fridge which was paved with fruits, nuts, drinks and stuffed with all goody goodies all shouting 'eat me' when I suddenly noticed an odd sound coming from upstairs and then suddenly my mobile rang.....

dawoco   

:D

As always when my mobile goes off, i took a moment to appreciate the ringtone and sang with the somali tune. Finally I looked at the screen to see who would call me this time. Unless it was some1 important i would ignore it. As i looked, i had to convince myself what i was seeing wasn't imagined. The words "my house" were written on my mobile screen, but there was no one but me home :( Before i could answer it and see if it was a prank another big BANG went off upstairs...

All the hairs on ma body stood as straight as a seargent on a parade at attention so I made my way to the nearest weapon I could come across. I found my trusty torch which doubled as light as well as abaseball bat, and started walking toward the stairs. Suddenly...........

nafta   

Suddenly a creaking noise came from the top of the stairs which was engulfed in total darkness. My heart started pounding in my chest whilst hearing faintly the dripping of my vanilla icream which by now had started to melt.

I debated in my mind whether I should creep up the stairs and knock the stuffing out of whoever or run back to my icecream and sit quietly in a closet somewhere...

dawoco   

...The house was immersed in darkness. No light came in from the windows, the power must have been cut off from the neighbourhood. Switching on my torch, i told myself it was probably no one, my imagination was playing a trick on me. The old and battered torch was giving out a dim light which made my steps up the stairs seem eerie. As soon as i reached the top step, it flickered four times before the batteries died on me.

Cursing my bad luck i started to think, should i head downstairs again and get batteries for my torch? Or should i leave the house all together and see what was going on in the neighbourhood. My hands were shaking and the darkness was adding to my fear. I was afraid and had to get out of the dark house, my gut was telling me i had to leave the place at once. Just as i turned around to run down the stairs, the chanting started...

Shaking with my heart in my mouth, I saw a dark figure standing just behind doorway. I yelled, what in the world are you doing here? He just stood there...............Waryahee meesha maxa ku keeney? I raised up the torch to let the figure see the glint of the aluminium "WHO ARE YOU" I screamed again but the figure didnt move....

nafta   

By now cold sweat dripped down my spine, travelling all the way down to my left leg, leaving a trail of clammy wetness. As I looked down to see whether I had wetted myself out of pure fright, the spectre like figure made a sudden movement that jolted me back to my senses. For a moment I just stood there, staring, fearing if I let out a single breath it could just as well be my last.

Little did I realise that the man was as scared if not more scared than I was, he had a lighter and suddenly he started running around the room looking for the window that he had come through. Funny thing was the lighter which he had quickly jumped up and began tearing around the interior of the of the room, banging against the wardrobes and desk and bed, looking for an escape route, but had somehow forgotten where he entered from. Desperately the lighter started running towards me....

dawoco   

I could have sworn that the room temperature was going down. My teeth started to clatter. My heart jumping up and down, I decided to say something, anything.

Bracing myself for the worst, I had been expecting demonic creatures. I had been expecting monsters. But never ever in my entire life was I expecting the scene I saw. My eyes half closed to focus on the horrors before me. My breathing rapidly came out in a cloud around my head. There it was, oh dear god, there it stood. I opened my mouth, closed it, took a deep breath gathering my scattered thoughts, and opened it again more determined…..never in my life had I been so scared, and here was a creature that looked at least ten times more scared than I was a minute ago.

Finding no escape route, the poor creature sat down on the floor, legs crossed in meditation. He started chanting again. He looked reminiscent of age old Indian warriors, though he lacked their courage. Before me was a crossing of apache Indian with a Rastafarian. But the weird thing was, this guy was a white dude. I wiped the sweat from my eyes, what I saw couldn’t possibly be real. Shocked I gaped at the white Rastafarian in the apache Indian outfit.

Suddenly he stopped chanting and started singing. A familiar song distorted. A now famous TV jingle. “daaaaaaaaaaay-ow, mi daaay-ow, breakfast come and me want some fun. Hey mr kellog man gimme…†on and on he sang the jingle with a west-indie accent. I couldn’t believe it. it must have been a joke. I leant againt the wall, undecided whether I should laugh or scream at this person or call the police.

I was so caught of guard, so deep in my thoughts I stopped worrying and let my guards down. Suddenly, from the corner of my eyes, I saw something shiny and silverfish coming towards me fast...

lol   

I could add my two cents...but seems like u n Dawaco are in competition........I will just wait for the end.

With adrenalin pumping so much I started to laugh instead of crying. Annoying song snippets aren't supposed to live through the fear. Therefore, I decided to give arating and it kina of melted fear into a giggle. The chap sitting down got the confidence to talk and say ya maaan. Then I decided he was harmless and started laughing too and I must say the whole episode was hilarious. Here I was shaking in my boots and him pissing in his pants and before long he was laughing and making this strange noises in his throat that where hilarious. I thought to myself hmmm this could be asetup and someone was recording a video of the incident. I asked him if I was being punked......and the laughter even got worse.....then a knock on the door and silence

Looked toward the door , and there they were four other men with masks; I walked to them demanding an explanation, but the look in their eyes made me take a step backward almost falling over the sitting chap; I had to make my move my palms getting sweaty and thoughts racing in my head I decided to …

Emerald   

I decided...

I wanted to live, I had to live, death was not an option, there's so much I haven't done and places I haven't been but most importantly I realised that this may well be a life and death situation and prepared myself for the worst, I knew I had to act quickly and thus speedily positioned myself on the floor and joined the eccentric rastapharian in melody, he seemed the lesser evil compared to the four goths at the door. By then he was joyously humming what I could make out to be; 'Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin layed an egg' panick swept over me and I immediately joined the one man show. At this the four figures at the door appeared dazzled, they soon formed a straight line, one beside the other, and began to perform the traditional Irish line dance. I did the best I could not to aggrivate them, I gave it my best singing voice, but by now the rastpharian was attempting the killer tune 'I will always love you' by Celine Dione and with a distinctive (one of a kind) west-indian accent it was by this I belive that the goths stopped their prancing and the ground beneath us shook...

Nephissa   

Suddenly the ground beneath me gave way. I immediately lay flat on my back, and spread my arms wide, hoping to slow my descent. I tried to shout, but only managed a screaming moan, then another, then I was done; I was sitting upright at the bottom of some stairs. Adding injurious insult to insulting injury, a rock larger than a bowling ball hit me on the top of the skull, laying back my scalp and forcing yet another scream to escape my lips.

I shook my head to clear my vision, a shock of pain rippled through my body, beginning and ending I know not where. I somehow knew that to lose consciousness would mean dying right there, and I needed to stay alive long enough to ...

J.Lee   

To at least cuss out my brother who had, when I was at the tender age of 6, stolen my Barbie dream house to sell it to our next-door neighbor, and my enemy for 5 measly dollars. I gritted my teeth just remembering that particular loss, and as I did so the pounding in my head worsened, but I knew I couldn't, for I realized that despite if I held a hand over my watch, I couldn't hold time still so instead I tried to get up to escape the darkness that was sure to claim me, and as I did I felt as if though thousand needless were poking into my flesh. At first I thought I could bear the pain but like a fault line to prone to unexpected explosion I wasn't ready.......