Sign in to follow this  
BlueEpocha

Untitled

hodman   

Mashallah blue your pictures are awesome!

I love the UAE ones they bring back good memories of the place and the ocean ones need I say? are simply breathtaking!

Thanks for sharing

Katrina   

Blue,

Your talented that's for sure, it seems your pics bring back fond memories for some members. For me, it definitely conjures up strong emotions but trust me none were fond.

Thanks for the pics; it makes me grateful for leaving such a hateful, evil and malicious society, give me the Hitler's of the world any day over an Arab...

Can't wait for your Somalia pics...those should drain out the toxic of the UAE pics.

Katrina   

U got jokes, Brown.

I concur it was a tad undramatic, jk. Maybe it was a "tad dramatic" but no offense to any of the above posts but I'm really sick and tired of us Somalis being pro-arab and not pro-america. One region kicked us when we were down and the other helped pick up the pieces that we broke all on our OWN!!

Easy on the flagrant posts,missy,lol...whatcha you talking about?! I didn't talk about tribes nor did I individually attack an individual, strong opinions are no crime. Heck if mine's "flagrant" half this site is in violation...like posts that portray america/west in a negative light. This should be a two way street, no?

Brown forgive me but (not attacking your funny retort) I'm on a roll, the dictionary definition for flagrant (as you know: Conspicuously bad, offensive, or reprehensible: a flagrant miscarriage of justice; flagrant cases of wrongdoing at the highest levels of government

Come on now...flagrant miscarriage of justice...cases of wrongdoing at the highest levels of government. How ironic but that's synonymous with that region.

Wonder what my ------ of arabs on campus would be considered? A taste of their own medicine that's what...just coz arabs and I share the same religion doesn't excuse ---- (see how I blanked out my adjective...just for u brown ;)

Ciid Wanaagsan ppl

SOMALIA 2005

=============

To be a child in Somalia: A blessing n a curse.

58376545_e4e2dbe351.jpg?v=0

The sheer beauty of the sky and the open air, you can feel it in your lungs.

58376547_a5fbf889c9.jpg?v=0

What would Somalia be without livestock, the backbone of our society.

58376548_a7811e1aef.jpg?v=0

Can you get any more fresh than that?!?! (Slaughtered cow being delievered to resturants 6 in the morning).

58393218_56f0fb8682.jpg?v=0

Yeah not only do we have the longest coast in Africa but the most beautiful as well.

58393220_3608115491.jpg?v=0

Yeah its still standing.

58393221_8c9b8003b1.jpg?v=0

Number Afar with visibal scars yet intact.

58393222_054fe53a60.jpg?v=0

So how many of you can really say they have slept in a mutul?!?!

58368880_e760df4049.jpg?v=0

Can you get any more fresh than that?!?! (Slaughtered cow being delievered to resturants 6 in the morning).

BlueEpocha I remember when I seen that pic this summer, truly amazing, would have loved to see when the cow was getting slaughtered --- I remember seeing these pics of a camel being slaughtered by the beach of Mogadishu, truly fascinating.

Sky   

BlueEpocha you make some incredible pictures. Your comments with your pictures are excellent. Keep them coming!

By the way what kind of camera do you use?

A Canon PowerShot SD300.

By the way if anyone wants to share some digital pics they have taken themselves that would be EXCELLENT. You can use this web page to host your pictures and just copy the address of the pic through properties n then paste here under image. Get creative it doesnt have to be about a trip you took but simply what surrounds you, I would love to see your camera eye view.

but I'm really sick and tired of us Somalis being pro-arab and not pro-america. One region kicked us when we were down and the other helped pick up the pieces that we broke all on our OWN!!

Katrina: Not everyone is from America,Girl smile.gif

BlueEpocha: The picture of the Hilib + the Gaari Dameer=100% Authentic Somali. Speak of Sights & Sounds. This is it.[The Dameer is speaking to me] smile.gif

In The Streets Of SOMALIA

==========================

Just a lil further, just a lil further

58376541_b72854ca57.jpg?v=0

The streets are his playground...

58368876_9277a8fc7f.jpg?v=0

...and theirs as well only they have big boy toys

58376543_ef2a1a6501.jpg?v=0

Shabelle river, the water has gone down here as you can see from the banks

58368877_fd0502f767.jpg?v=0

everyday activties are done by the dameer which makes for an excellent transportation for those who can't afford cars, plus doesn't he look adorable we had a mutual understanding there

58368879_7040c32e8f.jpg?v=0

1 million 500 hundred shillings equals 100 dollars american, talk about hyperinflation

58368882_bb240a7153.jpg?v=0

What can I say about JAAD other than it is the road to RUIN for our country n our children

58368884_12eee0c69e.jpg?v=0

Senora   

^^ You would notice that ^^ icon_razz.gif

I'm enjoying the personal snapshots. Especially the ones in black&white. It has always amazed me how converting a picture to B&W can express feelings of wonder and fascination.

Do keep them coming....

I might just take you up on the photo offer