Sign in to follow this  
nervous-chic

What is an Iraqi life worth?

Subhanna-Allah. Killing in Iraq is rising so fast and has become so normal..its unbelievable. Everyday I read "12 Iraqis killed", "100 iraqis die in bomb"...and so on. Its scary. Let us ask Allah to help these poor people and provide protection and support from Allah. They're country is attacked, their ppl have been turned against each other, and the US is reaping all the benefits while planning on sending more troops. La-Illaha-Illa-Lah!!!

watch this video

"Bloody Day in Iraq; school girls killed" @ http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com

Let us all pray for peace and stability in Iraq, Palestine, Somalia, Lebonan, Afganistan, Sudan, and all the other nations.

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

The bigger piture is not about a Somalia life vs an Iraqis, than rather....our brothers and sisters are dying all over, while we, for the most part are occupying our brains, but even more....our hearts with issues that have little to no benefit. And so, I ask Allah to forgive us for our ignorance.

Nervous-chick (or should I say sister), I know these times in which we are living in are full of hardship and pain, but if we keep and stride hard for the sake of Allah, than after every hardship, there follows ease (inshAllah).

And Allah knows best

P.S. Thanks for posting this topic, I was starting to wonder, doesnt anybody feel anything for our brothers and sisters that are getting killed in Iraq and around the world

nervous chick is right, Iraqis die by the scores every day.

And what is disconcerting is that we hardly bat an eyelid at news headlines from Iraq anymore.

I like the Scarface quote btw.

Taliban   

Originally posted by makumba:

we have our own problems and death to deal with so letes put the iraqi death to a side for now.

The problems affecting Iraq and Somalia are interrelated; the US is occupying (one through outsourcing, the other directly) both countries and killing its citizens. The ICU insurgency can draw lessons from the Iraqi insurgency. We have a lot to learn from our Iraqi brothers and sisters.

Ameen   

We can also learn alot from the situation in Afghanistan and the Taliban movement that "never" seems to end.

Whenever we come across or hear of deaths that involve muslims (whether in Iraq, Iran, Syria, Somalia or anywhere else) we shouldnt have this mindset that, we have our own problems....therefore, lets not involve ourseleves in their affairs. A Muslim will never taste true eman until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself and so the question is, dont we desire to live in security and peace? We love it so why shouldnt we love it for our brothers and sisters around the world?

And Allah knows best

makumba   

typical somalis. what can we learn from iraq and afghanistan that will do us any good, when we are the ones selling each other to the ethiopians?

if we are ready to learn anything we dont need to look any further than home.

Taliban   

Originally posted by makumba:

what can we learn from iraq and afghanistan that will do us any good, when we are the ones selling each other to the ethiopians?

Well, the Iraqis and Afghanis have been there, done it; they sold each other to their enemies. Iraqis and Afghanis had their own Abdullahi Yusufs and Geedis; the Chalabis, the Karzais, iwm. So, yeah, Somalis can learn from Iraqis and Afghanis.

Ameen   

Taliban has presented the political similarities that Somalia shares with Iraq and Afghanistan....and so I will share with you the fight that will begin soon, that will be resemble the Taliban movement that continues till this day in that part of the world. Somalia will fight and defend their way of life as our brothers and sisters continue to do so in Afghanistan and Iraq. Remember this is a global war against Islam (opppsss), I meant to say, terrorism.

And Allah knows best

Yes. As sad and disgusting as it is, the US and its "allies" are plainly attacking Islam by killing them by the thousands each day. We are so preoccupied by our life and celebrity news that we don't notice how the war on "terror" is truly affecting us muslims in America.

Its tragic. I heard on the radio today that 9 muslim young men were arrested in England for plotting "terrorist" activities. Some shyt huh!

The number of muslims imprisoned and dehumanized in Guantanamo is growing. ATtacks in Gaza are occuring hourly. Lebonon residents have been turned against each other and have taken to the streets since the Israeli invasion two months ago. what else?

I can go on and on and on about the situation of muslims in the world and the endless death. Allah has said a true muslims will not succeed untill they are a just nation (united).

"Thus have We made of you a just (and the best) nation, justly balanced"

May Allah perserve us in Islam and make us true believers. May Allah guide us to the straight path; continue to make us a balanced and just nation and provide us with sustinence. I pray to Allah to forgive all of us for our Sins. I pray to Allah to bring justice to the world; to provide protection for the Muslims under attack.

IF we all make Duaa to Allah in sincerity and follow our duties us Muslims, only than will we be truly protected by Allah!