Old_Observer

World Happiness Index: Somalia top 10 Happiest countries in Africa

The Nomad heritage can help people take even war in stride. Not all depressed about it.

Top 10 Happiest Countries In Africa – UN Happiness Report

1. Mauritius
2. Libya
3. Algeria
4. Morocco
5. Nigeria
6. Somalia
7. Cameroon
8. Gabon
9. South Africa
10. Ivory Coast

Somalia among Top 10 Happiest Countries in Africa – UN Happiness Report 2018

HowAfrica
Thursday March 15, 2018

2018315636567163782549983World_Happiest_countries.gif

Djibouti is 4th level of Happiness

Ethiopia is 3rd level of Unhappiness or 7th level of Happiness

Sudan Same as Ethiopia

Kenya one level better than Ethiopia

Eritrea level of Unhappiness has no measure, beyond scale.

galbeedi   

I do not like this ranking. 

Being happy while in dire condition is not good. Of course we are resilient people, but we must hate our condition and not to be happy .  Accepting misery and be happy about it is apathy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 3

5 minutes ago, Ducale said:

What does that mean? 4th level of happiness?

Countries are put into 9 levels of Happiness.

Scandinavians, Australia and Canada are 1st level of Happiness (Happiest)

Central African republic and others darkest brown are 9th level of Happiness (Saddest)

17 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

I do not like this ranking. 

Being happy while in dire condition is not good. Of course we are resilient people, but we must hate our condition and not to be happy .  Accepting misery and be happy about it is apathy.

On the one hand I agree with you that unless people are disgusted with current situation will not rise up to change it.

On the other hand this culture is very strong requirement for survival and continuity of the Somali. If one is fast reactive, makes a lot of mistakes and can loose faith, culture, language very easily.

31 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

must be KHAT addition,  one thing is true, MANY SOMALIS are oblivious to everything, maybe it is survival thing

I think so.

Being physically alive when death is all around you is survival. Everything is relative. A Somali in London may be unhappy with his car or house, but somebody in the Bay will be unhappy if Shabab affected his life.

cadnaan1   

I think it is religious beliefs as Muslim u can't complain about life u have to be greatful what allaah gave u and say alxamdulilaah.

• Thanks 1

Tallaabo   
6 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

must be KHAT addition,  one thing is true, MANY SOMALIS are oblivious to everything, maybe it is survival thing

They probably took the survey in a Hargaysa marfash markii dhawr mijood fadhi kaliya lagu dhameeyay. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

9 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

The Nomad heritage can help people take even war in stride. Not all depressed about it.

They do have what is called 'iimaan.' Go check your Soomaali-Xabashi dictionary. It will help you understand why the following countries' are supposed to be on the top:

1. Mauritius
2. Libya
3. Algeria
4. Morocco
5. Nigeria
6. Somalia

What do the population of these countries have in common?

galbeedi   

I think Cadaan said it best. While we should not be happy about the current conditions, faith in God and and accepting calamities is party of our IImaan.

Certainly we Somalis have IImaan or things could have been. No nation have went we wet through. Imagine nomadic and semi nomadic people people with no skills to survive , in war torn countries, yet  families are in tact, the major values and there.

Daniel A. Moi of Kenya said in 2002 after the Kenyans agitated, " If what hapened in Somalia happens here , you will die like a cattle.

This loser called Ducaale, says Somalis are dishonest about their love of their country, he denies the unity they are affirming, he denies their pronouncement of brotherhood, and now he is denying them the only thing is left for them ' Fath in Islam and IImaan"..

Inkaari kugu dhacday, imikana ummaddii ayuu iimaankii u diiday.

We Somalis lost everything, but we have our Immaan. Period

On 16/03/2018 at 7:29 PM, cadnaan1 said:

I think it is religious beliefs as Muslim u can't complain about life u have to be greatful what allaah gave u and say alxamdulilaah.

Does that mean you are happy though? Somalidu inay waalantay. 

The only time I will feel content and happy about my people is when they assume their leadership role in not only the region but also in the continent. 

I am crazy mad at the current situation. It is our own doing and I do not think having Iiman or not should be a reason to swipe the utter shamelessness that the Somali race are in today. 

I would suggest every Somali to use these proper words in order to come back to reality.

1. Change the phrase "Deeq Bixiyeesha" Donor Countries - Ilaahay ayaa deeq bixi. The correct phrase should be "Dalalka aan so Dawarsano"

2. Hayadaha  -   Correct: Sadaqaystayaasha Caalimiga ah 

• Like 1

cadnaan1   

I don't see anything to be happy about in our situation but again as muslim we are taugh to always say alxamdulilaah for ever situation and not to complain.

On 16/03/2018 at 7:51 PM, galbeedi said:

I think Cadaan said it best. While we should not be happy about the current conditions, faith in God and and accepting calamities is party of our IImaan.

Certainly we Somalis have IImaan or things could have been. No nation have went we wet through. Imagine nomadic and semi nomadic people people with no skills to survive , in war torn countries, yet  families are in tact, the major values and there.

Daniel A. Moi of Kenya said in 2002 after the Kenyans agitated, " If what hapened in Somalia happens here , you will die like a cattle.

This loser called Ducaale, says Somalis are dishonest about their love of their country, he denies the unity they are affirming, he denies their pronouncement of brotherhood, and now he is denying them the only thing is left for them ' Fath in Islam and IImaan"..

Inkaari kugu dhacday, imikana ummaddii ayuu iimaankii u diiday.

We Somalis lost everything, but we have our Immaan. Period

Waa runtaa. Can you just imagine what happened in Rwanda for three and one week in the year of 1994. Rabi ayaa og sidee isku galeen.

You can't also imagine wixii ka dhacay Kiinya 2007 post-election on that year. Soomaali wey isdishay, wey isgumaaday, wey isxasuuqday 25 sano iyo ka badan laakiin wali iimaankeena waa jiraa (at least the majority).