Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

disturbing news: Honor Killings.

Rahima   

Come again...? I'm proudly a member of the Muslim Ummah, but what in the world is a "Muhammedan Ummah"?

"Muhammedan" is a derogatory term historically used by the staunchest anti-Islam people to deride the Holy Religion of its global, all-humanity nature by attributing its adherents' name to that of a single individual. The Messenger of Allah (scw) never referred to the believers of Islam as "Muhammedans" so where do you get the term from?

Perhaps he meant by that ‘the ummah of Muhammad scw’ which mind you is correct to say.

juba   

KHEYR

whats wrong with being informed about the indecencies of the umma. First of all its really not even about religion, just backward cultures! What a A VERY FEW muslims do can't do that much damgage to our already bad image (terrorist attacks)

Yonis   

Yeniceri

Come again...? I'm proudly a member of the Muslim Ummah, but what in the world is a "Muhammedan Ummah"?

There is nothing wrong saying Ummuta Muhamedan. The holy prophet used that word many times.. Let me give you one example. In the day of Judgment when all prophets say nafsii, nafsii “ I am worried about myself go to someone else. The holly prophet Peace and be upon him will say after Allah gives him a permission to speak “Oh my Lord ! My Ummatii, Oh Lord My Ummatii.†{Bukhari and Muslim.

PS: The word Ummah means “follower†and we are very proud to be His followers.

Khayr   

Salamz,

'Allah is Beautiful and Loves Beauty'

So draw near to the good which therein is Beauty

and a reflection of Divine attributes that will propel us to Jannah, inshallah.

If we concentrate and make mention of what is UGLY and Hated by ALLAH and his rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm), then what of our Imagination then, then what of our sense, our thoughts etc. will be imbued (filled) with negativities, especially of our Ummah and Deen.

What kind of Islamic Identity then would you be showing to yourself, family,classmates, neighbour, co-workers, children,masjid etc.?

Yeniceri   

^^

No one said "concentrate" on the ugly, but I'm saying don't "deny" that the ugly exists, even within the Ummah. You're right that beauty should be valued, but that doesn't mean the ugly side of life should be ignored. If we hide dirt under the carpet long enough, soon we'll be dealing with a formation we can neither grasp nor condone. So address the problem right there and then - directly and efficiently. And this "image" of the Muslims you keep trying to protect - what good is the outside image if the inside is so rotten? :confused:

Wise Man & Rahima -

Do you guys know the origin and history of the term "Mohammedan"? I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with saying "Ummada Nabi Maxamed" (scw) as in the old Somali idiom, "Nin walbow naftaa, Nabiyow Ummadaa." But referring to Muslims as a "Mohammedan" Ummah is directly borrowing a term from old English literature and history books, where Muslims are portrayed as worshippers of Muhammad (scw) as opposed to worshippers of Allah SWT. In the same breath, we might as well classify all Africans as "savages" and "animals" who need to be civilized (i.e. Christianized) because that's exactly how the English referred to them.

That's my point.

Yonis   

Yeniceri Do you guys know the origin and history of the term "Mohammedan"?

Well, i don’t think that was what he meant and as you can see he did not just used the Word Mohammedan but instead he said, Mohammedan ummah which is clear for everybody to understand without making so complicated.