Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Another Trivial Discussion about B'days

Well...this is not about astrology, neither about personalities or falling from trees, or fav colours and b'days, This is about some phenomena regarding B'days.

Here are few strange coincidences -

Did you know that "there is more than 50% chance that two people are born the same day if you have 23 people in a room?" and even weirder the probability goes to 99% for 57 people in a room!

Since Somalis are mostly large families (an average of 6-10 members) I want you to think about this and then get a list of your family, cousins, friends, class mates b'dates until you get the list to 57, and check if two of them share the same b'day!

Also if you check (assuming you use facebook) the b'days of your network, you will see most of your friend's b'days are in November and Sept. if you dont have facebook check the list you compiled!

Now you know, even tho you never stop to ponder on it, why you feel sometimes you are giving more gifts or sending more cards in certain months.

Apparently, this issue is a mathematical problem known as The Birthday Problem Who would have thought Mathematicians have sense of humour!

Check this against your family and friends, and lets know what you have discovered.

Cheers

That is a heavy task ............. i would probably do something more helpful.

Thanks for mentioning it though :D

i don't trust facebook B-days ... ppl always lie about their public B-days .. looooooooool

Only if they have two b'days or hiding their age which in this facebook they don't have to reveal... scemo, people in facebook put the b' Month not the year!

So look around and in your head check who shares b'days

Cheers

-Lily-   

It's my mum's B'day today, she'll be 46! We're going to have triple double chocolate gateau on her behalf.

Ok, same month & same day did you say? I have 2 cousins from the same family whose B'days are on the same day, they are not twins. My brother & cousin also have same B'day in March, and another brother and cousin have same B'day in Nov. Apart from that the Birthdays are spread out throughout the year.

Pujah   

If you have large family just check the B days within your family. Two of my brothers and I share the same B-day in July and my sister was born on the same month but different day. My mother and brother also share the same B-day in Dec.

How many of the departed in cemetary could have died in the same day and month.And how many of those that died on the same day and month might have the same birthday.

i don't know the age of my (older) siblings yet alone their actual date of births. it's like i'd slap my eldest sister in the face if i asked for her age. then she'll lie. and this is one thing i will never, no matter how long i'll live, come to understand.

because it's an established fact she did not have her first child at the age of 15. then i sound like a detective and the whole situation will resemble a trial and she'll end up annoyed. and really, at the end of the day, why the **** should i care? it's none of my business smile.gif

so she's 30 and everybody is happy.

i dunno any of my family's bdays let alone relatives. i only know my gal's bday but she dont know mine!

she actually called me on my bday some time ago....and i was like getting excited, however, after a lil i noticed that she was clueless.

bdays, is only my off day from work. other than that, i am just seeing more gray hairs every year. guess i amna spend more money buying hair colors.

Cara.   

Oh I know I know!

It's because September is 9 months after New Year's Eve, and November is 9 months after Valentine's Day!

The rest of the time there's a cease-fire.