Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

What language/s do you speak?

STOIC   

Why are you are pissed? You are not a Borana are you? Garam Garam Waaxid

FB...You didn't know I was one of them.On a serious note we both know that it is a demeaning word to our brother/sisters that speak the language.I have yet to come across any one that speaks that language happy with that word.Sometimes men speak lightly of things that never affect them.I have seen the user of that language not happy with the term.Genuine wisdom dictates that you don't refer people to what they don't like :D

Originally posted by Awlugeeye:

quote:Why are you are pissed? You are not a Borana are you? Garam Garam Waaxid

FB...You didn't know I was one of them.On a serious note we both know that it is a demeaning word to our brother/sisters that speak the language.I have yet to come across any one that speaks that language happy with that word.Sometimes men speak lightly of things that never effect them.I have seen the user of that language not happy with the that term.Genuine wisdom dictates that you don't refer people to what they don't like
:DL0L,You re so kind. Anyway,you remember back home it never bothered anyone. Today,these crazy walendos call anyone from Kenya Garam Garam,but,whoever takes a Mlendo serious is definetly a crazy person. :D

L0L@Garam Garam. I always refer it to those whose Somali is not understandable, and those with the questionable/ unidentifiable qabiil lineage

L0L@Unidentifiable lineage. Abayo,everyone is not lucky as you to be born among warriors. smile.gif

Stoic speaks fantastic Somali,its his written Somali that looks an amalgamation of what seems to be like Somali & ancient Swahili . I am impressed with you little bro :D

I thought Garam garam was a term used to refer to those people who dont speak good somali not accent. If that is what it means then there are garam garams every where from every tribe, but if it used as Awlugeeye says, then it is offensive and we should not use it.

Nephy maxay lineage aad sheegaysid? inaan kuu abtiriyaad rabtaa. :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote: gacaheeda u lameysid roodo jiis eh

Tan anoo sujuu ah xitaa waa fahmay(Oona jusuu ha tixaa awa mayfah).You said,"Cagaheeda aa ma leysid dooro jiis ah" maahino?
smile.gif:DMaya maya, waxaa dhahay 'timaheeda aa umaleysid gabareymaanyo qurxoon oo iljabinoyso'... :D Ha i ceebeen hee adi wah...

UMU, afjini B ilaa iyo Y eh maa jiro? Magaradoow ani mugoo...

Je, waakuu sheega adoo kale meeshaan waaku yar yihiin...Mugoo minaa dhuumatid hada waalagu yaqaan, adoo garbaha lagaa haayo banaanka lagu keenaa... :D Xaa qaxooti ugafaanee nah...Lukigeen qaxooti aaw hanee, ee qaxootinimada aa is dhaanto...Eheheheeee...Utanga.com...LOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

^Haye haye,ku ceeben mayo smile.gif

FB, you belong to us, habbo! You're identifiable

Eedo/Habo,I have no Broblem being identified. I hail from great great warriors with wonderful rich history, Mawaalantahay! I was just feeling sorry for the "other" unidentifiable ppls. :D

MZanzi   

Laakin illaahay agtiisa waa lawada siman yahay ...Ninki Janada Laga waaye aa un "unidentifiable" wax ka xun ah

Garam garam waxan ukasa aniga qofka aan afsomaliga sifiican u aqoon

laakin adinka wax kale aaba utaqanin

Fi'amaanallah

jag murtaayo aan oga baxay

Originally posted by Je Jey:

Laakin illaahay agtiisa waa lawada siman yahay ...Ninki Janada Laga waaye aa un "unidentifiable" wax ka xun ah

Garam garam waxan ukasa aniga qofka aan afsomaliga sifiican u aqoon

laakin adinka wax kale aaba utaqanin

Fi'amaanallah

jag murtaayo aan oga baxay

Taas baan kuma sheegin. Qofkii ilaaha ka fog unbaa un indentifiable ah. Rabanaa...Guide us to the right path :(

MZanzi   

Faarax brawn topic aan raba inan furo mardhow

walaalow somalida cunsuri waaye

qof muslim ah oo illaahay yaqaan aa laga faana oo lama guursanayo

Laakin jameican uraayo istaago ka kaadiyo aa laguursana waana lagu faana

i wonder why we discriminate our own brothers & sisters ....qashinkana Ugu faaana

Nephissa   

fiiri Jee jeey, yarta, hadaa adi Garam Garam tahay, gaar u joogso nooh..

Muslim-nimo iyo Jano ha kusoo dabo gabanin.

Chasity: :D . Ciyow magac waaye, hadaanba soo xasuustay. Thanks to you.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

fiiri Jee jeey, yarta, hadaa adi Garam Garam tahay, gaar u joogso nooh..

Gar ujoogso Kulahaa

awal maan gambar kaaga fadhiyay

Neph' dhiikar haisku ridin Jirta ee garam garam maxa utaqaana?>

Nephissa   

waxaan isku qabiil aheenbo, waa ii Garam-Garam aniga! :D . Marka waa ku kaaa..!

Garam Garam = unknown, calaamatul suaaal baa saaran, or comma aa ku jirto! icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Abdillah:

[QB] Why has it become almost fashionable, nowadays, for almost all somali kids growing up in the west to claim, "I can barely speak spoken somali, and I can't write it at all". It is really sad.

Speaking Somali is considered(in some Somali environs)being uncivilised . I kind of grew up in such an evironment. Afrikaanimo iga dheh!

Contrary to the European societies(who are deemed to be civilised and we love to simulate) are so proud of their languages and traditions. And even push their children to learn their mother tongue/tradition even if they are born outside their home country.

Growing up I remember waan ka faani jirnay in aan cunno Ugali(soor). And now I envy Norwegians who eat a thousands old meal every thursday(young and old in every homestead).

You'll find Somali, Swahili, Norwegian and of course Ingiriis in my language thesaurus.