Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Let's take our qabiil names as surname!

Jacpher   

I personally think we Somalis are full of qabiil with an exception of few. I believe some of us took a full pledge to defend their qabiil in right or wrong. No one can deny qabiil is the root cause of the problem in our country. We denounce a negative use of it at the mosques, community centers, peace conferences, and yet we practice it in closed doors just about every where and most of us support it financially, emotionally and physically. Are we blind from the reality or did we choose to? One can not find a solution without first acknowledging the problem. The warlords would not have lasted a day if we (in or abroad) had not supported them. The irony is that no one supports the warlords out of fear or power but for the qabiil. Throughout the forum, you’ll see the qabiil representatives that seem to advocate violence and inferiority among Somalis. Yuck! If I may ask these qabiil reps a question. Do you directly benefit supporting your qabiil? Do you receive anything in return, money, dignity etc. I personally think my qaiil isn't aware of my personal existance. For that I don't see the importance of their existance or support. Why not value people for what they are and what they posses instead of the qabiil they belong to?

Why not use your qabiil name as your family name openly if that’s what you value and stand for. If your thoughts are pre-occupied and brainwashed by your qabiil and feel you’re obligated to stand for your qabiil, then why would you be ashamed of taking your reer hebelas as last name. At least this will benefit you the most since your identity is now open. May be you’ll encounter less trouble.

I really hate those that you ask your TAARIKO shortly after you meet them. A friend of mine was flying from one city to another and her ride didn’t get there in time so she asked a cab driver to take her home. His first question was to identify her radio station (as in her tribe). I was shocked when she told me. Sadly enough, the guy lives in the same building as I do.

I think we need to engage a war on qabiil mentality. This is a disease that’s secretly eating us. How can we overcome such a problem if we ever will.

Castro   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

How can we overcome such a problem if we ever will.

Hey, hey, hey, hey. Smoke weed every day.

Foxy   

what an excellent solution...good one.. weed makes you forget problems ever existed to start with

Pujah.   

^^ Weed you say don't we already have that...ah hello its called KHAT icon_razz.gif our problems run deeper than Weed and Khat.

I say let’s start a revolution in SOL and bury tribalism for once. Let’s bleed to Admin not to allow qabiil talk what so ever in SOL. Even though we have such rule in place right now some people just avoid the qabiil name and use regions known to certain tribes to either advance their tribes ideology or degrade another tribe, all without getting detected by Admin or moderators. Just look at what is written daily on the politic forum, some of that stuff is plain vomit. Do we equate politics to qabiil?. The prerequisite of politician must be warlordism.

What really annoys me the most is seeing the younger generations following the footsteps of the older. Where else would you see 15 yrs old that have never set foot in Somalia talking about reer hebel and how his reer hebel is better than that reer hebel. I mean come on why we teach kids such stuff. I can understand if they were learning just to know their origins but why all the hatred. Why must we poison the young minds?.

So I say again lets bury qabiil, let’s not contribute one more dollar to qaaraan which probably is used to fight the tribe next door, your so called ‘enemy’.

Let's take our qabiil names as surname!

I think that is a rather good suggestion.

From here onwards, I should like to be referred to as Zephyrine Baal-dukhsi. And before you ask, Baal Dukhsi waxaan ka sii ahay reer kab-kaneeco.

Thank you.

DUCAQABE I believe it is you who has a problem with Qabil.You might as well condemn your family if you are going to condemn your family's root, the Qabil.The issue is not the Qabil but rather how you use it.Allah created the tribes races but only so we may recognise each other and know our relatives not to use it for any negative purposes and the same goes for the Qabil.It is perfectly OK to be proud of your qabil, I know I am and I am proud of all that is good about it's culture way of life because I am them and they are me and If i am not proud of them I cannot be proud of the larger somali roots that I have!!

Similarly you have to be proud of your village in order to be proud of your province,state and finally Nation.It all starts from the bottom.What you need to do is seperate the goood of your Qabil from any negative things that it does and then try and make the negative positive.I have a feeling you have quite a lot of issues in that area bro and I can understand your outcry as a result.Good Luck May Allah help you

Castro   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

From here onwards, I should like to be referred to as
Zephyrine Baal-dukhsi
. And before you ask,
Baal Dukhsi
waxaan ka sii ahay reer
kab-kaneeco

Ms. Kab-kaneeco, that's fabulous. Mine would be Fidel G. Unit. Ducaqabe is right though. All I see in the politics section is we're from this quadrant and that quadrant in so and so city. With the help of GPS technology (Grandma Positioning System), I can narrow that down to a single jilib. But I see no harm in that. It's all good. Whatever gets you off! If having others know your tribe is erotic to you, by all means, share it.

That's me laba kumi iyo taano.

Sky   

Than my name would be Sky Kuuleey Cali Banjar. So I don't think this is a good idea.

Why Sky! I didn't know you were kuuley cali banjar! I think I know a cousin of yours.

Fidel, G. Unit? Hmm...not familiar with that tribe. Do they live in mudug? :D

Great idea, from now on, refer to me as “AFRO JAREEROW’.

I am distant relative to reer Kaneeco[by way of marriage]. Our land is not that far away from reer G-Unit, we share the ‘Greens’. We had an invasion from reer KULI CALI BANJAR the other night.

Reer ilmaNacas , Reer ilmaDoqon, Reer Dhoora and Reer Wisheenshi have one common ancestor. ADEER USELESS. [useless idea].

Weed? You said FIDEL CUBAANOW [from cuba dee].

:D

^^ :D

Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero One.

---------------------

Kim: It's usually considered a good idea if two people get to know each other before they become intimate.

Seven: Why is that?

Kim: Because it's more comfortable. You spend some time together. You laugh. You talk. That makes it easier to get closer.

Seven: But the end result is the same, is it not?

Kim: Well, I guess so.

Seven: Then I fail to see what is accomplished by all the talk.

Kim: Seven, if you don't get it, I can't explain it to you.

Seven: Obviously

Viking   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

DUCAQABE I believe it is you who has a problem with Qabil.You might as well condemn your family if you are going to condemn your family's root, the Qabil.The issue is not the Qabil but rather how you use it.Allah created the tribes races but only so we may recognise each other and know our relatives not to use it for any negative purposes and the same goes for the Qabil.It is perfectly OK to be proud of your qabil, I know I am and I am proud of all that is good about it's culture way of life because I am them and they are me and If i am not proud of them I cannot be proud of the larger somali roots that I have!!

ORGILAQE,

This is the excuse some people use to justify their behaviour. Allah SWT says in Surah Al-Hujurat verse 13...

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and TRIBES, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

People who use this verse to justify their actions have totally misunderstood the message. All the clans belong to ONE TRIBE which is Soomali; this is the name of our tribe. We should use this (tribe=Soomali) to know each other but we segment each other further into clans and subclans. This verse does NOT support clan affiliations at all so be careful not to present the words of Allah SWT in support of an evil ideology.

Furthermore, Somalis used to identify with ONE tribe before the advent of Islam, this is why most clans claim that their "father" (sheikh hebel, who the lineage starts with) is an Arab.

Sky   

Why Sky! I didn't know you were kuuley cali banjar! I think I know a cousin of yours.

I think I know who you mean. He isn't Reer Kuuley Cali Banjar , everybody thinks he is though. He is just a friend of the family who comes to our Aqal looking for some free hilib . He is Reer Wax Matare .

We had an invasion from reer KULI CALI BANJAR the other night.

No that was Reer Wax Matare. They look like us. We have a big gap between our teeth. Women love it! :cool:

Foxy   

Why not use your qabiil name as your family name openly if that’s what you value and stand for

Family surname as burco boodhweyne somethin by ancestorial track but originally known as a civilized members of the somali societ that breads abroad happily ever after

cheers

Castro   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Fidel
G. Unit
? Hmm...not familiar with that tribe. Do they live in mudug?
:D

Yeah, like Rumsfeld would say, they live east, west, north and south of MuduG!