Sign in to follow this  
Saqajaan

Richard Burton on somali women

Saqajaan   

Quite an observation from richard burton on somali women, explains why somali kids are failing today in the west, some somali women are naturally bad mothers. Also the cold temperament is unfortunately too true for some but not all.

"Somali women are of cold temperament, the result of artificial as well as natural causes: like the Kafirs, they are very prolific, but peculiarly bad mothers, neither loved nor respected by their children. The fair sex lasts longer in Eastern Africa than in India and Arabia: at thirty, however, charms are on the wane, and when old age comes on they are no exceptions to the hideous decrepitude of the East"

saqajan so you think somali women are bad mothers ??

well another word for a man who talks ill of his sisters in public is also known as dayuus ... so how about it for a new screen name .. Saqajan & dayuus !

Saqajaan   

Geel_Jire

I don't agree with the bad mothers, because my mother was top notch, laaking there are some bad somali mothers.

dayus, saqajan etc are just mere words.

Blessed   

^Funny, that always seems to be the case. It's other peoples mothers, fathers, brothers, spouses, clans that are bad or whatever evil Somaalida laga sheego but never our own. No, ours are always the exception to the rule. And may the geel be praised. ;)

Burton is an overrated pig.

Ibtisam   

^^No, you use to write more than a few lines to sugar-coat what ever point you was making. Haada you just write one raw line!

Ibtisam   

^^You must remember what it felt like to be young and confused BG. I mean I doubt we were ever as bad as these ones, but ahaam* I'm hoping they improve soon.

Saqajaan   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

^Funny, that always seems to be the case. It's other peoples mothers, fathers, brothers, spouses, clans that are bad or whatever evil Somaalida laga sheego but never our own. No, ours are always the exception to the rule. And may the geel be praised.
;)

Burton is an overrated pig.

You make a good point, but how else do you explain the dysfunctional somali youth today if not for bad mothers? Richard burton is overrated, but nonetheless he does make an interesting observation.

May the geel always be praised.

Ibtisam   

^^^I can explain it by the lack of fathers, they are bad role models who waste all their time chewing and come home when the kids are leaving for school. Don't contribute to the child's upbringing and discipline and to top it all off, does not approve of birth control and wants a child every year. There have been many cases where a father does not know the names of his kids, but there is yet to be a mother who does not remember her kid’s name.

Other factors such as society, poverty, lack of opportunities and popular youth culture can also be used to explain dysfunctional families.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

^^You must remember what it felt like to be young and confused BG. I mean I doubt we were ever as bad as these ones, but ahaam* I'm hoping they improve soon.

I guess what you do have point about not being so judgemental towards towards youngsters(im still young too). It's something I picked up from a recent training I had ;) . Though I still do think there should zero tolerance with any comments with phrases such as Adoon, Jareer, Jamaican Weed, that shiish is so Somalinet-Old Skool-ciyal comments.