Sign in to follow this  
ElPunto

How to make your man Happy - Somali Writer

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Oo ina J. Saleh iyada malaqabaa?

Adeero Google says that she's single. She's thirty something and she works as an executive secretary. It also says that she was born in Burco ( :Dicon_razz.gif ) and that the book was written as a result of interviewing 155 women.

The book was written in the UAE (so no big surprise that the ideas would be a tad 'traditional'). Having said that, if she came to the West and asked 155 women the same question, what would you say would be the typical reply? (Other than, make him happy? What rubbish is this?). :D

I wonder what a book directed at men would contain! How to make your woman happy?

Our survey says: KILL YOURSELF. :D

1955's The Good Wife’s Guide

1. Have dinner ready. Plan ahead even the night before, to have delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way to let him know that you’ve been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare your self. Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup. Put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

3. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

4. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main parts of the house just before your husband arrives.

5. Gather up school books, toys, paper etc. then run a dust clothe over the tables.

6. Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he reached a haven of rest and order and it will give you a lift too. After all catering for his comfort will provide you immense personal satisfaction .

7. Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children’s hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them the play part. Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.

8. Be happy to see him.

9. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him

10. Listen to him. You may have a dozen more important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first-remember- his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

11. Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner or other places of entertainment without you. Instead try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.

12. Your goal: try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

13. Don’t greet him with complaints and problems.

14. Don’t complain if he is late home for dinner, or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.

15. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lay down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

16. Arrange his pillows and offer to take off his shoes for him. Speak in a low, soothing and a pleasant voice. :D:D

17. Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity- Remember- he is the Master of the house and as such will always exercise his will fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him .

18. A good wife always knows her place. :D:D

My favs are the ones in the bold ;) .

Kool_Kat   

NG, what makes you happy?

PS, I wouldn't have mentioned the fact that she was born in Burco if I were you...Tanoo kale waala inkiraa... :D

NGONGE   

^^ All of the above. :D

As for Burco, if I didn't mention it myself someone else would have.

I still maintain that the world she lives in still follows these rules,you do too KK - almost all Somali women do. That they do not look at it in the same way is neither here nor there.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Curly:

And why does it not surprise me Elpunto that you're here posting this claptrap?

I for one will not be humouring this sort of twaddle on SOL. I think we ought to have a strict zero tolerance approach because joking or not you're sending out a message.

I'm ashamed that it was a Somali woman that wrote this book and in this centry!

I really do think you need to relax and reassess things calmly and coolly. You don't know me and my views on women, family or children so jumping to conclusions is mistaken.

The reason I posted this was because of its humour and its contrarian views(the current model being you can have it all). And no I don't agree with most of what she wrote(not that it has any bearing on my ability to post this).

Sending out a message? I think women can make up their own minds. They don't need you or I to moderate or censor what is available to them. As to you being ashamed of this woman - I find such a notion hypocritical. On the one hand - you don't want to be 'judged' for being a working mother or putting your child in daycare but you are quick to judge this woman and her particular views on marriage and family.

Curly   

^^^ have another read...you'll notice the first comment was directed at you.

The rest was directed at all nomads in regards to the book and the author.

Let me get this right now I’m hypocritical because I abhor this woman who's potentially setting us back and because I was standing up for working mothers? OK

Just for the record my argument wasn't about judgement...it was about not branding someone negatively for doing something admirable!

Arrange his pillows and offer to take off his shoes for him. Speak in a low, soothing and a pleasant voice.

One needs to translate this book in Somalia and give out to newly weds. ;)

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Curly:

^^^ have another read...you'll notice the first comment was directed at you.

The rest was directed at all nomads in regards to the book and the author.

Let me get this right now I’m hypocritical because I abhor this woman who's potentially setting us back and because I was standing up for working mothers? OK

Just for the record my argument wasn't about judgement...it was about not branding someone negatively for doing something admirable!

Why is the first comment directed at me? It implies you have a detailed knowledge of my views on women and family. Clearly you do not.

Setting us back? This is the problem. She can't set you or any other women back. She can only do what she feels is right for her family. This argument is exactly like those who say hijab/burqa wearers are setting women back when it's only a personal choice. You are being hypocritical when you acknowledge a choice for yourself but you don't allow others a different choice than yours. Or you claim that another's choice has a negative impact on your choices going forward. Cajeeb.

I didn't brand anyone period. And I don't know as to the something that is admirable. If you mean being a working mother - then that is a value judgment you have made rather than something that has been proven through a sound case presented here.

Napoleon   

Why do women make things more complicated than they have to be, just take the advice from the great guru Dave chappelle: "If you wanna keep a man happy, its simple. Suck his dick, play with his balls, and make him a sandwhich".