Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

LOl@2+2. I never had the opportunity. My mom would always convulse at the mere mention of "Holiday Activities" even would try to go out of her way to let the teachers know, their religion is B.S. Embarrassing!! How many times did I bring note to school saying I wasnt allowed to eat xmass cookies or anything other food, lol!

LOL! Whyyyy? What's wrong with cookies and food? It's not like they dip it in "holy water" lol...

There's a kid who closed her eyes when the teacher brought a cross in the class, lol! When the teacher asked why she closed her eyes, she replied it was against our religion to look at crosses. So sweet.

My mother was against trips to church and singing Christian songs, but I guess she just didn't see much harm in a man dressing in red and sporting a fake beard, or elf hats. I actually remember our neighbor visiting our house dressed as a Santa and me running under the table, lol.

Didn't do me much harm! Well apart from the fact that I'm such a twisted, terrible person icon_razz.gif

Hamse   

sherbeen, that is one dirty filthy kitchen and dishes. to me, the food look nasty. poeople saying yummy want to be polite, but truth is that sucks.

chrismass must be dirty.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by The Zack:

Raamsade, Christians claim that Jesus(peace up on him) was born on December 25th yet history proves that he was actually not born in December. Muslims don't celebrate for eidul adha or claim that hajj is someone's birthday. So you are totally lost with this comparison here.

It is actually you who is lost in misunderstanding the point I was trying to make. I was merely pointing out the irony of a Muslim knocking down Christianity for co-opting pagan rituals and practices. Islam itself co-opted many pre-Islamic and pagan rituals and practices like virtually all the rituals associated with the Hajj and Ramadan.

Don't you find that ironic?

All Abrahamic religions have appropriated the predating pagan/polytheist rituals and practices.

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

Hajj has nothing to do with Paganism, it was originated from Ibrahim, and the Mushrikuun got it from what they had of Millatu Ibrahim.

Ibrahim/Abraham is a mythical figure and it largely based on Islamic dogma not on hard facts.

Notwithstanding that, I'm a bit dumbfounded at your (and others as well) denial of the pagan origin of Hajj. It's not something I'm making up or written by "enemies of Islam" or some kind of esoteric knowledge that only some can understand... it is all there in authoritative Islamic sources like Ahadith and Quran.

The Ka'ba was the center of idol worship. It contained over 300 idols at one point. Pagan Arabs made pilgrimages (Hajj) to Mecca where they kissed the Black Stone, "stoned the devil," ran back and forth between the hills of Al-safa and Marwa, circumambulate the Ka'ba although sometimes naked which was later forbidden in Islam... the Hajj pilgrimage was how Mohammed's own tribe the Quireish originally grew rich.

Muslims turned/restored the kaba and mecca into places where only Allah was worshiped. The Muslims destroyed the idols, but some of the rites of hajj were kept as Muslims believe that these were all ancient centers of monotheism which were later corrupted by the Quraish tribe.

On the other hand, Christians clearly incorprated paganism into their religion and they compromised on many aspects of their religion in order to appease Rome. All of this occured after the time of Jesus and his followers. This is why they are accused by Muslims, Jews and even some Atheist academics of changing their religion and diluting it with paganism.

See the difference, mr smartypants(Raamsade)? There is a clear difference here for the people of intellect; for example, almost every religion has beads, but what makes something pagan and another monotheism is who is being praised and supplicated to.

ps. your thread has been hijacked. blame that argumentative raamsade. :D

Castro   

Belated mawliid nabi Ciise yaa Sherban.

Originally posted by The Zack:

War illeen doofaar waligii ma daahiro, adeer when did convert to atheism horta? When you came to the west?

:confused:

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Fabregas_Bruv:

Muslims turned/restored the kaba and mecca into places where only Allah was worshiped. The Muslims destroyed the idols, but some of the rites of hajj were kept as Muslims believe that these were all ancient centers of monotheism which were later corrupted by the Quraish tribe.

This is all true as per Islamic dogma. Muslims believe the Ka'ba was originally built by Abraham for the worship of one and true God but somehow was corrupted by pagan Arabs. They also believe Islam existed before Mohamud was born.

The problem with this claim is that there is no corroborating historical evidence. Not a single epigraph, archeological artifact, no written sources or any other historical evidence attesting to the veracity of Islamic claims exists. Islam didn't exist before Mohamud was born. And absent any contrary evidence, we must accept what the historical evidence shows to be true. Namely, that the Ka'ba was always the center of Arabian paganism until Muslims converted it into exclusively monotheistic site. So, in this regard, the incorporation into Islam of pagan rituals and practices associated with the Haj is not substantively different from the incorporation of pagan rituals into Christianity.

The two are exactly the same. Only those imbued with sectarian prejudice would disagree.

Originally posted by Fabregas_Bruv:

On the other hand, Christians clearly incorprated paganism into their religion and they compromised on many aspects of their religion in order to appease Rome. All of this occured after the time of Jesus and his followers. This is why they are accused by Muslims, Jews and even some Atheist academics of changing their religion and diluting it with paganism.

Christianity (like Islam, Judiasm or any other religion) is highly evolved theology. But it is not "diluted" or "corrupted," that's just Islamic slur.