Sign in to follow this  
BOB

I Miss The Good Old Days.

Abtigiis   

Apologies, Malika. For the improper comments; but I am yet to find out who is Mrs Kibongo? If you don't know, then, let us skip. It is not big deal ANYWAY.

BOB   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Meesha ma sawaaxili baa jooga? Miss kibongo wa ayo?

oo miyaadan ogeyn in beryahaan Soomaalidu la baxdo Kibongo, Kisungu, Kikuyu etc? teeda kale reer baaraha wa xididkeen beryahaan dambe ee ka xishoo illeyn gabdho badan oo Soomaali ah ayeey qabaan...hana iweydiin sidee ku qabaan. :mad:

Blessed-Indeed: Do share when you dream about your days as Ghengis Khan.

First and foremost WECLOME...I'm honoured walaal...I can't be an emperor but I fancy Hajji Mahmood Shams aka Zhang He because of my undying love for the sea...pass my regards to Zahra iyo Aabeheed. smile.gif

Ms TZ: BOB,do you think this mistrust steams from our overexposure to mishaps in relationships..I mean,its rare you hear of good marriages or relationships in the community.This causes everybody to be on the edge,expect worse rather then the opposite of each other..hmmm

That could be the reason but I honestly believe the married couples in these modern times give up on their marriage far too easily than say our parent's generation where yhey used to go through all kinds of hardships...and about the stories you hear...its usual to hear such things these days after all Soomaalidu waa dad been badan oo hadana balaayo sheeg badan...the overwhelming majority of them have a negative mentality and they like nothing more than putting down the community as a whole and that's SAD.

Mukulaal-Qaboow: Ba'nay ba'nay! War iga tag, adi naftirkaa maxaa waxaan dhan kubaray? Iyaah, marhoraan sheekadaan soo qararamsaday dheh? Tuug la qabtay talo maleh...

I'm an ancient man who have either seen or experienced many things that you haven't even heard exist yet...Waayo Aragnimo. :D

Maxaa faan eh, laba kumi iyo taano inaa heysto maa ii diidee hadana? Bilcaan? Ee maa dhaadhaan iigu wacdid hee marka? Fiiri, ani waakuu sheegay, kuwaa ka arkay oo reer Kismaayo xabad fiyoow maleh!!! Reer Xamarkeyga aa jug iyo mac igu ahaan lahaa, laakiin koo reer Buulobardo ah oo suu wabi ugu dhexjiray guduutay, aa dhexda iga dafay...

Laba kumi iyo taano oo hadana Tax laga rabo maxaa kasoo haraayo? Dhaadhaan waxa la dhahaa kuwa eberka ah oo aan xitaa dhareerka iska ilaalin karin...adiga maadaama aa xoogaa caqli leedahay oo aa taqaano sida jidka loo gooyo waxaan kugu yeeraa Bahloul. :D I told you reer Xamar waa wax aan naf leheen that's why aa macallinka reer Buulobardo ah isugu duubtay...haye muxuu kugu dhahay...Yaxaas aan barehand ku dilay muu ku dhahay...because he knows inaa filin Hindi jeceshahay iyo beentooda. :D

Fa' niji ifaadhi xaw la rabto am ha'a.

BOB Faarax brawn ma daba-qoodhibaa? Armaad isku kaaya diraysaa?

Maya...Maya Faarax Brawn ma aha ee I meant Faarax in general...the overwhelming majority of Somalis are Daba-Qoodhi oo waxey udaba-qoodhiyaan Mareykan iyo eeygiisa Amxaarka ah otherwise do you think in Hooyo Land uu maanta Amxaar ku xoogi kari lahaa Gabar Soomaaliyeed in the presence of a Somali man? the bloody buggers (Faarax) can't be trusted...iska ilaali halkan weey ka buuxaan.

Shaabi: It should be noted that Majengo is no Sarengetti -- you won't risk lion attack goin fron duqush to duqush through kamiinada jaciinka Kulbiyoow or Badhaadhe or even Laheloow maybe but BOB ahem perhaps mistakes curi for lion Haha easy there.

These people here have no clue where Majengo is but mind you there are few other ghettos in East Africa called Majengo...Kulbiyoow, Badhaadhe, Leheleey, Canjeel, Cag-Libaax & Habaar-Waalid...those places were full of human eating Lions and my uncle (May Allah s.w have mercy on his soul) used to tell us about the lions he shot...mistaking Curi for a Lion? :D:D ...Classic.

You would think that you're in Rio De Janeiro' Copacabana when you're at Maputo or Luanda beaches...beautiful weather, beautiful white sandy beaches and beautiful bilcaamo but these days I am Stevie Wonder when it comes to Bilcaamaha...I hear them but I can't see them.

in downtown Maputo there's an avenue called Siad Barre Ave because I'm told by Mozambicanos that Somalia played an active role in liberating Mozambique from the hands of the Portuguese and our late president was good friends with Samora Machel.

Harare is unbelievably beautiful...it used to be clean with less traffic but these days its overcrowded and there are rubbish lying everywhere and like I said before it's the only country on the planet where one can be a billionaire in dollars and broke at the same time...but Victoria Falls is the place to go if you want to be amazed...your boy Abdi Ali 'Elaay' is the undisputed King of Lusaka.

Bro...I'm an African so you know that I'm not good at keeping time or journal that's why I can't post an update of my travels which even Gulliver would've been jealous of but don't worry you will have a ball when you come here Insha Allah...waxaan ka cabsanaa inaa diido inaa noqoto like some guys I know. :D

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

Bob, nice of you to rename me, sidaas iskmaan ogean. I mean you always attacked my perfect somali, but now this. :cool:

Hmmm, you argument is not flying, you jus wanted to attack, blame and point a blame on the sisters. Aaaah Good old days, get with it and sheekada soo gaabi :D *ducks

Cara.   

Ibti, you must know that "good old days" is men's code for "Get back in the kitchen naayaa!" :D

Ibtisam   

Well I thought it was the code for: "Build the kitchen and the house naayaa, I'm going to the magalad" same difference eh, but waiting for innu Bob sheekda so gaanbiyo oh caadisto is message :D

Kool_Kat   

Cara, :D:D And what's wrong with 'Getting back in the kitchen'? Isn't that a woman's place? icon_razz.gif

*Runs like cunug safaleeti dafay!!!

looooool .... ladies most of us agree with *BOB he is referring to when shukaansi was much easier and not the current land mine it is.

KK i like your attitude mid adoo kale ah bal ii tilmaan aniga iyo *BOB iyo rag kale saf si gali lahayn :D

Ibtisam   

Geel_jire: I do not know where you and the likes get the idea that the shukanis game was easier back in the old days. I hear so many stories of mean as*s women folks who had farax jumping like they were standing on hot cola.

These days women are practically being handed around on plates, how much easier can it get baal? There are women practically throwing themselves left and right at men. If it gets any easier, then men will be sitting in his house and women will just drop thorough the roof and land on their lap. This is ridiculous. It could not be any easier; you don't have to sing or do gaabey, you don't have to be skilled with a knife or a gun, nor do you have to be able to kill a lion with your bare hands, I mean most of you are scared of spiders and snakes. :D

Malika   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Well I thought it was the code for: "Build the kitchen and the house naayaa, I'm going to the magalad"
same difference eh, but waiting for innu Bob sheekda so gaanbiyo oh caadisto is message
:D

^Ha Ha Ha..Indeed,dont forget after you have buildt that house,you go earn us the bread too!!and dont you dare expect anything from me..Lol

LOL..@Scared of Spiders and snakes..Lol,Ngonge aa imuuqatee :D

LOL @ spiders and snakes.

ur right in a way it is not much harder but very different ...one thing that is very different and doest make sense to me is ... two people go out they have a few hours instead of talking they waste their time watching a movie ?? or doing something else as useless ? it defeats the purpose

back in the days ... you spent the whole night in sheeko until qandhuufta kaa dhamaato :D

Cara.   

Ibti, you're right of course. I forgot that back in the good old days the women did all the work too, while nimanka is xariifinjireen :mad:

Of course they didn't have to buy you a house when you were expected to build it yourself, sometime in between the 4 hours aad masago tumaysid and the 7 hours ari daba carareysid.

KK, it's obvious you've been in the enemy camp too long, you have been irredeemably compromised icon_razz.gif

Oh well. Koob shaaha noo soo qabo mar hadaad kacday.

Geel_jire, I beg to differ. Shukaansi was really tough for guys back then. I should know, I had older sisters who used to make their suitors' lives hell while I played messenger and go-between.

BOB is lost in some rosy-colored past that never happened. A man who didn't flash money didn't get far with the girl's family, even if he managed to impress her with his smooth ways. When next-door Faarax was sweet but Sulaymaan came around with a land cruiser full of gifts, Caasho had to be practical above all else. And here BOB is going on about lions when the most dangerous predators were the girl's grandma, her 7 aunts and 11 honorary aunts plotting behind poor Faarax's back. Madness.

Malika   

LOL@spending the time watching a movie, are you sure thats all they do in these dates?

One thing I remember is the sneaking around,which made it more exciting,the fear of getting caught and being beaten to a pulp.

Ibtisam   

Geel_Jire; that is because those real geel jire, sheeko iyo faan iyo gabey baa kaa dhamaan jireh. The females on the other hand, just use to look pretty and insult them every now and then. :D Now days farah are so boring, you'd rather they did not talk at all, make them watch a movie for 3hrs, so you don't make them go thorough the painful process of thinking about something worthwhile to say. :D lol See how easy the girls have made it for you now days! shid. redface.gif

Lol Malika I was not thinking of him when I said that. :D

Lool @ Cara I could not have said it better, if I tried. lol. Marriage was an investment, hence it must have an economic benefit to the girls family. They only thing that has changed now, is the currency of the transaction. Asking a poor man for 100camels is not any worse than asking a well off farah to pay for that wedding. :D

Malika   

Lol..Ibti,expecting a tab too much my dear,you want him to tell you of his adventures in the himalayas or when he went swimming with the sharks? Dee these modern faraaxs havent got much to tell you,they are caught between the past and the tommorrows nothing in the today!

LOL@Boring iyo nuus baa tirii!

Cara,well said!