Old_Observer

What if Djibouti, DP World reconcile and support Berbera deal

Holac   

I hope we shall all discuss things in reasonable manner while holding our courts. People do not come here just to hear disparaging comments, so let us be civil for sake of everyone.

The nabadoon has spoken. Let us not lose sight of the bigger picture. We are all here to exchange opinions, defend our positions and learn from each other in the process. 

7 hours ago, galbeedi said:

OOdweyne, 

it is nice to hear from you. 

I hope we shall all discuss things in reasonable manner while holding our courts.

People do not come here just to hear disparaging comments, so let us be civil for sake of everyone.

By the way, I still have a lot of " My sources" and I am intended to provide all that I can get. I have no reason to lie , especially now that.......

Habeen Wanaagsan. 

Welcome back old fella. 

cadnaan1   
9 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

100% agree with you DP world is not about business, There was a article in the magazine posted by SULDAANKA, they found two things, 

1- DP world, claiming, the port Doraleh is at full capacity, and diverting shipment to DUBAI, they take 100% duty at DUBAI

2-Declined or slowed down or diverted big shipping companies that wanted to USE Port of Doraleh, and offered UAE ports!!!

They want to stop the CHINESE,  and SLers see short term gain, maybe recognition, maybe development,  

Another example is Aden port was handling 4million shipping containers per year before DP take over and after a year it went down less than 1 million. And that is before the war started in Yemen.

• Like 2

Miyir   

observer

Why Somalia have to pay the sins of Ethiopia? Ethiopia wrong or right signed the contracts that shackled them, why its our problem then?

The Tin pot dictator in Jaabuuti is one of the reasons Somalia is in mess today, his obstruction stands out every turn  Somalis genuinely tried to reconcile.

start from Arta  (Egypt and Arabs ) to forming Alshabab parliament (Wahabi Gulf states again egypt) that sold Somalia sea to Kenya., milking the Piracy bulshit in every turn. there is your beloved Tin bot dictator in Somalia History.

You asked will he sell Somalia again? 

5 hours ago, Ducale said:

Don't you just love it when people from somalia call the president of djibouti dictator?  Reer somalia who are nostalgic and emotional about the brutal dictator MSB and the kacaan have no room to talk about DICTATOR. it was only this week where six nations objected to leaving somalia while the mini-afweyne mr fromage sat there nodding like the dog from that Churchill advert.

Blaming everything and everyone beside themselves.  It's djibouti.  It's ethiopia.  It's african union. It's al shabaab. Marmarmsiyo after Marmarmsiyo. 

It has been like that since 2000s. Many even blamed the man for spending his own money for months hosting warlords, clan eleders, shieks and all sorts, helping them with Transitional government which died as some reached Mogadishu before the elected president.

"one who does not have or cannot afford a donkey will denigrate the mule"

In this case the attitude of most Ethiopians is "he is our country man, but he is Weyannie" and Eritreans say "he is an Ethiopian, we will never have peace with him". Both are false image of themselves, but more close to truth about the man.

Miyir   
4 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

It has been like that since 2000s. Many even blamed the man for spending his own money for months hosting warlords, clan eleders, shieks and all sorts, helping them with Transitional government which died as some reached Mogadishu before the elected president.

"one who does not have or cannot afford a donkey will denigrate the mule"

In this case the attitude of most Ethiopians is "he is our country man, but he is Weyannie" and Eritreans say "he is an Ethiopian, we will never have peace with him". Both are false image of themselves, but more close to truth about the man.

hiding behind the Somali-land Guulwade eh 

You maybe old but observer?

I expected you to address the questions.

Some of us may not be as old as you but we try to read the history objectively.   

1 hour ago, Miyir said:

hiding behind the Somali-land Guulwade eh 

You maybe old but observer?

I expected you to address the questions.

Some of us may not be as old as you but we try to read the history objectively.   

Blaming Ghelleh for failure of first TFG is wrong. The president Abdulqasim took a lot of missteps. Instead of going to Mogadishu and straightening the city, he wanted to remove the late A. Yusuf from Puntland. He also tried to redress some conflict from past on Bay and Bakool. That was his downfall. Then no warlord in Mugadishu had reason to accept his presidency. The warlords in Mugadishu, Puntland and Bay run out the clock and his TFG was done.

He also went to Cairo within days instead of Kenya or other Arab countries, knowing fully Mubarek and Meles had a public threat and counter threat just days before. Cairo papaers wrote radio and TV broadcasts most of it fake just to tell Ethiopia that Cairo has its man in Mogadishu.

Ghuelleh did not like Abdulqasim but as choice of Somalia he had accepted and would have supported him. I am not sure what the motivation was for Abdulqasim to conflict with Puntland, maybi Ali Jama or somebody else.