Sign in to follow this  
murefu

Most of ladies are deviated markedly from accepted norm/accepted standard behaviour?

Shakti   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Oh boy, am I glad I'm not a lady.

lol… cmon, I know deep inside, u wish to be one.. dont worry ur secret is secure with me

Aaliyyah   

asalaamu alaiku,

che-guevara walaal somali amaan lagama helo hadii ee adiga stare gareeyan wa funny, hadii ee egaan everwhere but you waa funny. Gormey amaan ka helayaan lol.

wa salaamu alaikum

A/calaykum Salaam,Aaliyah416- Walaal Horta let me say all isku mid ma aha laakin badankood markay ku arkaan ee gartaan that Iam Somali. Something comes over them. Dadka nindhahooda waa isku dhacaan in public places.And you usually look once , and politely look away, laakin Somalida waxaa ku soo daga. The presence of another Somali makes little uncomfortable or more conscious. Iam like maxaa isku waaleey.isdaji, and go about your business. I hate specially the ones that stare and say nothing. I had a lot Ethios stare at me, but they would usually come upto me , and ask me if Iam Xabashi. I would say no, and that would be the end of it. If it is older Somali person that's staring at me, I usually strike up conversation with them.

Aaliyyah   

asalaamu alaikum,

lol gosh so u experienced this with ethios huh i thought it was just me, they would always come up to me and go " u xabash" and as soon as i say no i aint , and i tell them i am somali dey just walk out. Like literary not even bother to apologies or whatever. so if anyone is downright rude i would say it is ethiopians. and for somalis even if yr eyes meet in a public place why would u bother to start a conv.? walahi i dont bother to start a conv with some1 just cuz dey are somali. as for them looking away i dont think it is cuz they are uncomfortable they are simply indicating that being somali doesnt make u closer den anyone else thats on that bus.

wa salaamu alaikum

Aaliyyah   

walaal as u said " if the situtation dictates so" like if there is a reason for u to talk with them , you will. well that makes sense, but just talking to some one for no reason whatsoever. Like u said how the other day u met this girl at your work , and u try to help her out, and she just said she aint even somali and all. But, she probably took the wrong way like u were interested in her.Dont u think it is better if u had said u worked there and u could help her out, that way she would have been into getting to know u. that is all for now.

wa salaam

murefu   

lool...dadka waalan nooc walba hada ula hadashid .sidoodi leee waaye..indhaha kor iyo lakala aadina...ayageey u taaala..that happened to me..lakin mar kale waa iska fiirinaa

Jamilah   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

quote:Originally posted by Jamilah:

LOL. Your brother must be
U-G-L-Y I mean thats the only logical explanation.

Ugly..No, I wish that was the case, then atleast her reaction would have made some sense. We figure it must have been that time of the month, but I don't think even that would explain this woman's behavior.

Murefu...Waa loo aamusaa. Nindhee maanta dhan wareejiyaan. The Somalis in general that I meet on trains are all funny. Some stare at you, others look everywhere but you. [/QB]
I definetely fit in the look anywhere else but at you category but why is it that every Somali stranger I came across fits in the other staring you down till the trip ends it sends shivers down my spine and no not due to exhiliration ( as murefu and his mates might suggest) its just so damn creepy!!!

Also, I take my comment back about Somali dudes and the frustration I experience when it comes to offering rides. Last night my sisters, cousins and I went out to dinner on Cid night and on our way home we started experiencing car problems. I thought its probably a minor problem so I continued sleeping on my cousins lap. I woke startled hearing a deep voice and it took my a few seconds to get my bearings when I saw this Somali guy who appeared out of nowhere it seemed checking out my sister’s car. He asked us where we were going and we told him where we lived and he informed us he was heading in the same direction and suggested he follow us home to ensure nothing happens on our way. And he did just that. We reached home safely and like he appeared the young man disappeared. Mashallah I was touched by this mans etiquette and distance. He didnt ask us more than the situation required. Yes I noticed all this despite my dazed state. Much respect for that.

Som@li   

It seems that sometimes it gets out of balance, Yes, Somali men talk to tha girls, whereever they are , road, trains, buses, but girls should not ALWAYS think that we have other motives, it is mostly sincere help and general love we have for our Queens. ;)

Cabdow   

girls should not ALWAYS think that we have other motives, it is mostly sincere help and general love we have for our Queens.

Afkaaga caano baqay lagu qabay sxb, ishaad katuurtay :D I think that we 'the somali men' have been too nice to our women for far too long, to the point that they taking us for granted :mad:

Aaliyyah   

Canjeex walaal we are not taking Somali brothers for granted, I know lota Somali brothers who are masha-allah, whom I have full respect for. Niman oo dhana ha isku qaadin kuwa shaqa kale laheen in ay gabadh ee aqoon uun iskala hadlaan uun anu ka hadlaya, kuwaas they need to get a life. icon_razz.gif

Wa salaam

Aaliyah...LoL@Habashi. As kid, Pakistanis used to think I was a Bengali, and into adulthood, most Ethios I run into think Iam Habashi. It is annoying, but most are nice though. But they have their own staring thing going too.

Jamilah..Come on, what are the chances every Somali that come across stares at you?

Che Guevara,

I understand how you could come to conclusions based on the facial gestures of the girl, but perhaps your bro and her have different communication patterns? The more of a certain communication style one person has and the less of it another person has the more chances for misunderstanding and miscommunication. Sounds simplified but really this is the basis for human interactions. I'm sure some strangers have rubbed you the wrong way too and you've hit off well with others. The best thing you can do in a situation where you are having a hard time understanding a person is to try to empathize with them.

Originally posted by murefu:

i dont mean to criticize somali women but for real it exist among you guys, it is like you living in imagination boggling?

when you see somali man whom u dont know u simply change ur condition, there is something wrong in you that makes you overact someone you are not.something that deviating you from ur normal condition, there must be something i can't understand..are somali men causes this deviation, or you living in imagination boggling..or most of u going to be mad...

Murefu bro,there is a saying in afsomali that goes like this ''hadii ee ku diido diid,hadii ee kuyeeshana yeel''...After that,the 'suuro' thing is out of the equation. :cool:

murefu   

Murefu bro,there is a saying in afsomali that goes like this ''hadii ee ku diido diid,hadii ee kuyeeshana yeel''...After that,the 'suuro' thing is out of the equation

You right sxb....as i told before ..Mawa fiirsho wajigooda malmahaan danbe iidalee ha iska suurooto..