Gaining/Losing Weight During Ramadan.

I kept eating too little to avoid gaining weight. I would eat like;

3-6 dates with a cup of Qaxwa

A cup of water

one or two Malawax

wait an hour and then eat,

a half of slice of whole grain bread and veggies or with a bit of chicken

After Trawix:

Cottage cheese with a spoon of greek yogurt.

No suhuur.

Believe me it felt like I was eating so much and my stomach would get full. Then after Trawix I do 30 minutes of excercise. But today, I felt like I was going to pass out, seriously. Then I calculated all I eat and it is way less than a 1000 colories even. So tonight, I keep eating untill I cant anymore.

And oh yeah, I lost weight. It is probably muscle and water but oh well.

Fabregas   

@senior junior; fasting in the day, working out at night and not getting enough sleep will probably result in muscle wastaGE. I forgot all the nerdy words for that process, but I'm sure you know what I am referring to. And that goes to all the others: you need to rest and eat a little more food, forget worrying about putting on weight or excercising in this month. Balance. that's the key.

Cabdow   

@c&h and the rest of those who don't eat suhuur! Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said, “You should have suhuur for it is blessed nourishment.” [Reported by Imaams Bukhaari and Muslim]

My point- iska raaxeyso, eat what you need and do the weight loss thing AFTER Ramadan. Give this month to Allah

Hear hear ladies! smile.gif

For this month...I've stopped going to the gym. I need to forget about me for a month eh!

keeping up with the tarawiix is enough concern for me than weight gain/loss.

Ibti, waaba haddii lagula tashto...starvation was her solution no wonder she is falling apart.

Eat balanced food..you know, am sure you have heard of them like "protiens, fats, carb vitamins etc"

Salaamaat

Ibtisam   

LOZ: There is only so much you can eat in 1hr and by the time prayer ends it is 12.30am, sleep or food? Sleep wins everytime.

People I eat more than enough, and I am not starving :D

Excercise is crazy best of time, Ramadan is even worse.

Blessed I agree, but that means to somepeople, pig out like no tomorrow :D

Nehanda   

I find eating small portions and having breaks in between meals helps. I have also been told exercising after breaking fast or after dinner is very good and increases your energy levels. I haven't tested the exercise part yet.

Malika   

For the love of God! This obsession with body is really interesting..baal iska cunaa,its only a month..I am sure,tarawiix,tajhuu d,witr and all the other fard prayers can substitute for excise.. :D

Ibti,pigging out is normal and part of a beautiful family tradition to some,perhaps bizarre to others huh? icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Malika:

For the love of God! This obsession with body is really interesting..baal iska cunaa,its only a month..

Whose gonna fit into that jeans for the ramadan riwayaad? LOOOOOOOL.

I am feeling really faint these days, all this is taking a big toll on me and my health. my stomach is screaming for a food and maybe even some of those weight loss tablets i was on before ramadan. there is no way of winning this war. you eat and you feel down. you dont eat and your not feeling well. lol. :D

Malika   

^As I said your an interesting young lady.. :D , maxaa isuu dileysaa slowly?..If your not careful,you will regret that size 6 jeans one day..You have been blessed with good health,but that is not enough,your not satisfied now your making yourself sick..walle kibiir baa kuhaya! as my ayeyo would say it.

Eat in moderation dear,that riwayaad isnt worth it if your to damage yourself.

[says the pigging out queen] :D:D

Ibtisam   

Queen Arawello is a man, trying to give somali girls complexity about their weight so we can all stop eating and become stick thin icon_razz.gif !!! Maxaa keeney weigh loss pills! :eek: :eek: :eek: The other day I heard they took a well known brand off the shelfs because it is linked to cancer: Come on a choice between being fat and cancer?? :eek:

Malika, If I could I would've joined the beautiful family tradition :D But small family or weliba religious aah, there is no competition to eat more, or even a fight over sambus. redface.gif:D