Sign in to follow this  
IsseRiyole

Soomalidu waa Racist

Runtii marka aan isu sheegno Soomalidu waa Racist, yes adiga iyo adiga iyo tan gadaal taagan Racist baad tihiin. Not a single day passes without some one asking me at my Job what is my Tribe? like it is something that is above my name and humanity.Bal is tartiibiya oo Qabiilka naga daaya.

Khayr   

Before we talk, can you email me your qabil name, although I have a hint of it already. :D

Its not racist saxib, its qabilist.

BUKURR   

Man! are you complaining about Qabiil while your name sounds like a northern qabil :D

I have never been asked that kind of question though.

People shouldnt ask you what your tribe is...your 'tribe' is Somali, our mythical clans are different though. My point being...it isnt racism, its clan chauvanism and clan discrimination.

Somalis are racist towards timo jilaac, indha yare, cadaan, dhuxul, gor goro ween and so on.

And they discriminate against each other.

Kool_Kat   

Aduunka ayaanba u jeclahay qofkii iweydiiyo 'qabiilkaa?' or 'qolomaa tahay?'...Markaan sheegana qoladaan ahay, alxamdulilaah iyo Maansha'allah baan ku daraa... :D

Isse, reer MN horta sheekada kumaba jiraan...Waagaan daganaa islaan buska aniga iyo odaygeygoo i ag fadhiya nala soo kortay baa sidaan ula sheekeysanayay i tiri 'oo eedo qolomaa tahay?'...Feeling proud and shidh qabiilkeygan usheegay...She then asked if my husband aan isku qabiil nahay...Maya markaan ku iri, followed the next natural question 'oo yuu yahayna?'...Hade alle uunbaa ogaa jawaabteeda...Intey wajiga nacalad iska saartay bey tiri 'akhas, oo maxaad kuwaana ka doontay?'... :mad: Wexeyse qaracantay when she found out the man sitting next to me is wasnt my brother, but my husband! Hadii ceeb ey u dhiman karto markaasey istaaga ka dhici leheed...

^^I can relate the similar story, I was working at Greyhound, and when this Somali lady asked me my qabiil, waan u sheegay. Next thing I know she started cursing aabo Siyaad, to the point aay dad ka ila shaqeynayey ay ka yabeen. And then at the end she is like eedo raali noqo, ciil baa ceyda iga keeney. I didnt even respond back to her, so everywhere you go Somalis will ask you ur qabiil and some might hate you but who cares, cause at the end of the day what matters is your camal.

i don't mind people asking me "qolomaa tahay", they always do it in good natured way,if anything thing, I hate the ones who tell me I am not Somali. And yes Somali is not race, its a tribe and qabiil is a sub tribe so you can't even say they are tribalist. On the other hand, I do think Somalis are racist: Gaalkas and yahuudkas shows up in the most random conversations.

BUKURR   

The only time anyone questioned my identity was in one of Somali embassies in Africa, I was trying to renew my passport, and the guy harshly asked me if I was a Somali to begin with, now I don't remember what was my answer. Soon enough we met again with my uncle who happens to be one of the oldest Somali politicians, from there on I was always received in his office :D