maakhiri1

Somali Federal Gov nullifies Berbera Port Deal

Holac   
3 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Consequently, to see our politically defeated unionists folks, clutching this desperate last straw of a fictional kind, actually makes one wince for them. Since one knows in one's heart that this "dead-letter" from the toothless federal government of Somalia will have as much of usefulness (or impact) for them as that of used toilet paper.

Oodweyne, unionists will not destroy a road that UAE is building from Berbera to the border. No one will send an army to stop construction of Berbera’s port. If DP World and the UAE government decide to go ahead with this project, there is very little the Somali Federal Republic can physically do to stop it.

However, there is a catch.

DP World is a for-profit company. It has corporate rules, ethical boundaries and risk tolerance level. DP World’s Doraleh contract was recently rescinded by Djibouti and the only punishment the UAE company could muster was to mount a legal challenge against Djibouti through International Arbitration. It will be difficult for DP World to argue in favor of preserving legality and international law, in the case of Doraleh Port, but on the same sentence, reject international law and norms in the case of Berbera Port. 

I would love to see Berbera port developed and expanded for the benefit of Somalis. The best option for the Somaliland government is to tactfully work with the federal government behind the scenes, as it did before on various projects implemented in Somaliland, and solicit the signatures of the country’s top authority.  I really don’t see any other way around this issue.  

Duufaan   

The deal is done now. DP world cannot go international courts for their dispute with Jabuuti and Same time sign an illegal contract.  You cannot have both ways. DP world and their associates are power global criminal gangs but they are not gone win this. 

Holac   

And by that I mean, the DP World will go ahead with this investment, with or without the silly talk of the FG in Mogadishu

Bal waynu aragnaa!

I think the main problem is Somaliland bringing in Ethiopia and giving them 19% of the port income for no legitimate reason. DP World is putting substantial investment and so it make sense for them to have controlling interest in the port. Why give Ethiopia 19%.

The PM Khayre is taking a hardliner all of a sudden in a deal that has already being implemented? What made him take this strong stand which might also alienate Somaliland, Ethiopia and UAE? Would he be able to stand his ground and can he withstand the pressure that will be put on to him to rescind this decision? The outcome of this dispute might cripple the federal government or might showcase the power of the federal government over regional governments.

• Like 1

Can't see Ethiopia I guess?

If Ethiopia does not use it, there is no need to develop such port facility for Somaliland's use only.

Ethiopia cannot use any other port, but Djibouti unless Ethiopia has ownership of another port.

It is that simple. The same rule applies if Somalia and Ethiopia want to develop use of Kismayo or Mogadishu.

Any international investment, into the very under developed nation  is well come and should be encouraged, but that said, this can not be at the expense SOMALI sovereignty.

For SOMALI Federal GOV

• The deal will test their powers
  • They have been too nice for secessionist, hoping they will have a change of heart, but we Northerns,  know more about them than anyone else, These people will not change,  as deluded as ever, as are willing to accept very corrupted officials for their people for  merely  living a hope of getting recognition. They will punish the few who are enlightened, and want to escape NORTH KOREA of EAST AFRICA.
  • The Ethiopia deal in this is a matter  is URGENT  NATIONAL SECURITY threat, and must removed
  • The deal with blessing  of TFG and rewriting of contract, can be looked, with FIRST and foremost removing The national THREAT, ie, ETHIOPIA. This will mostly likely be the case.

For SOMALILAND

• They seem extremely novice, and maybe 28 years of seeking recognition is having its toll, making a lot of Mistakes.
  • The foreign Minister almost kill this deal for  small air time, and desperately looking recognition
  • Biihi will get rid of this corrupted ,childish  Foreign Minister, and replace him someone with more heavy  weight
  •  Talks will go on, and Berbera port may be included

For UAE

•  They will see the mistake done by the idiot head of the DP world, and he will be replaced
  • They will come to Mogadishu and renegotiate
  • At this moment, their ambassador is summoned to VIlla SOMALIA .
  • They will choose   Legal way, TFG, or will be kicked out!

FOr Ethiopia

• Let them GO to hell, there is nothing for them here!

2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Can't see Ethiopia I guess?

If Ethiopia does not use it, there is no need to develop such port facility for Somaliland's use only.

Ethiopia cannot use any other port, but Djibouti unless Ethiopia has ownership of another port.

It is that simple. The same rule applies if Somalia and Ethiopia want to develop use of Kismayo or Mogadishu.

Rubbish. Just because Ethiopia will utilize the port in Berbera, does not give them the right to own a stake in Berbera. The Somali people have been shortchanged in this deal, which is precisely why all the Jeegaanlanders in here who are at the Federal governments throat for refusing to go along with this deal, have remained quiet about the 19% stake which is being illegitimately stolen by Ethiopia.

I wonder why that is, Oodweyne and Co?. Why can’t this deal be wholly between only the UAE and Somaliland?

In a different thread, Oodweyne naysayed  a proposition of mine, which said, “ the secessionist agenda being pushed by Jeegaanlanders is an Ethiopian regime's project”. I asked a question then, “ Somalis, ask yourself, does the breakup of Somalia benefit the average reer sheikh nomad or the regime in Ethiopia?”

The active-minded but probably shallow rabid mongrel who goes by the name of Mudane Oodweyne, refuted my suggestion. But now the proof is in the pudding, as it were for everyone to see... today, we have the Ethiopian regime trying to purloin Berbera( a Somali national asset) in broad daylight. And the most Oodweyne and his co-hearts can do is try to change the subject and make it about Xamar and petty Somali tribalism. 

This is theft by EthiopianTigray regime, period! Need we say more...

• Like 2

Tallamook,

As per your vies that Ethiopia is natural enemy of Somalia can't help there.

Ethiopia cannot use another port if has no ownership. That is 20 year old agreement with Djibouti. DP knows this from Djibouti. That is why DP offered shares to entice Ethiopia.

If Tomorrow Kismayo is ready for such development and Ethiopia is wanted to use the port, will have to have share or pay money freely to Djibouti.

Never forget that government of Ethiopia is the one that recognized first, the independence of Eritrea. Ethiopia has no interest or wish to interfere with Somaliland's case.

Otherwise I can guarantee you if Ethiopia had this wish it can always find some country in west africa to recognize Somaliland and then its domino.

If it was not for Kenya, Ethiopia and Djibouti Somalia alone would not have been able to keep the integrity. This is a fact of life and those in the know have no doubt about it.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

Any international investment, into the very under developed nation  is well come and should be encouraged, but that said, this can not be at the expense SOMALI sovereignty.

For SOMALI Federal GOV

• The deal will test their powers
  • They have been too nice for secessionist, hoping they will have a change of heart, but we Northerns,  know more about them than anyone else, These people will not change,  as deluded as ever, as are willing to accept very corrupted officials for their people for  merely  living a hope of getting recognition. They will punish the few who are enlightened, and want to escape NORTH KOREA of EAST AFRICA.
  • The Ethiopia deal in this is a matter  is URGENT  NATIONAL SECURITY threat, and must removed
  • The deal with blessing  of TFG and rewriting of contract, can be looked, with FIRST and foremost removing The national THREAT, ie, ETHIOPIA. This will mostly likely be the case.

For SOMALILAND

• They seem extremely novice, and maybe 28 years of seeking recognition is having its toll, making a lot of Mistakes.
  • The foreign Minister almost kill this deal for  small air time, and desperately looking recognition
  • Biihi will get rid of this corrupted ,childish  Foreign Minister, and replace him someone with more heavy  weight
  •  Talks will go on, and Berbera port may be included

For UAE

•  They will see the mistake done by the idiot head of the DP world, and he will be replaced
  • They will come to Mogadishu and renegotiate
  • At this moment, their ambassador is summoned to VIlla SOMALIA .
  • They will choose   Legal way, TFG, or will be kicked out!

FOr Ethiopia

• Let them GO to hell, there is nothing for them here!

The deal signed, sealed and done. And there is absolutely not an iota that Villa Somalia can do about it. Khaire's press release was only done because he was in UAE and it is just a "lip-service" designed to calm the waters in Mogadishu. 

I would be highly surprised if I hear any more noise regarding this deal from Mogadishu. 

53 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

Tallamook,

As per your vies that Ethiopia is natural enemy of Somalia can't help there.

Ethiopia cannot use another port if has no ownership. That is 20 year old agreement with Djibouti. DP knows this from Djibouti. That is why DP offered shares to entice Ethiopia.

If Tomorrow Kismayo is ready for such development and Ethiopia is wanted to use the port, will have to have share or pay money freely to Djibouti.

Never forget that government of Ethiopia is the one that recognized first, the independence of Eritrea. Ethiopia has no interest or wish to interfere with Somaliland's case.

Otherwise I can guarantee you if Ethiopia had this wish it can always find some country in west africa to recognize Somaliland and then its domino.

If it was not for Kenya, Ethiopia and Djibouti Somalia alone would not have been able to keep the integrity. This is a fact of life and those in the know have no doubt about it.

Get outta here dude with that nonsense.

Ethiopia would have liked to recognize their little Jeegaanland vassal a long time ago if only it could, but we all know it can't due to circumstances beyond its control and national interest. And also just because Djibouti, for now,  placates Ethiopia with shares in their port does not mean Ethiopia will get such a special treatment from other Somali ports, no matter how many Somali politicians Ethiopia thinks are in its pockets.

In fact, I know for certain, Guelleh is buying time with that arrangement with the Tigray, and as events are fast unfolding in the Horn, I don't expect the Djibouti deal to last. I foresee Guelleh giving the Tigray/Ethiopians the same treatment he just gave to the UAE. It's just a matter of time and leverage.

2 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

Get outta here dude with that nonsense.

Ethiopia would have liked to recognize their little Jeegaanland vassal a long time ago if it could, but we all know it can't due to circumstances beyond its control and national interest. And also just because Djibouti, for now,  placates Ethiopia with shares in their port does not mean Ethiopia will get such a special treatment from other Somali ports, no matter how many Somali politicians Ethiopia thinks are in its pockets.

In fact, I know for certain, Guelleh is buying time with that arrangement with the Tigray, and as events are fast unfolding in the Horn, I don't expect the Djibouti deal to last. I foresee Guelleh giving the Tigray/Ethiopians the same treatment he just gave to the UAE. It's just a matter of time and leverage.

Tillamook,

It is not good to analyze political issues from anger. I understand the disappointment with the conditions in Somalia at a time when there is scramble, but blaming others should be second or third place not main reason.

As for Gheuelleh, I do not think he reasons the way you are thniking. You seem to have no idea that half of Djibouti is Afar, and you totally not even considering it as a factor.

Tigray is the last reason on the planet that Somalia is the way it is. If you really think about it, consider both sides. Don't just look one direction and base your thoughts that Tigray is bad and Oromo will be good for Somalia.

^

I said no such thing, so stop obfuscating. 

I have never said Tigray, Oromo or Amhara are  good or bad for Somalia.  I’m truly nonchalant about all non-Somalis. They are all the same to me. We deal with them, the way they deal with us. 

Whatever, the outcome of the dogfight in Ethiopia between the Tigray, Amhara and Oromo shall be, the Somalis will still be around and we will resist whoever comes out on top, if their goal is to subjugate Somalis and to steal Somali lands and seas like the Tigray are attempting to do.

They are all weak. The sad part is Somalia this time is even weaker. I don't consider anyone of them stronger than the Somali. Just worry about having a government even weak like them but at least can move around all corners of the country. Can make working arrangement with regions/provinces and conduct its responsibility.

I agree with you that who ever comes out on top, if there is a top, will follow policies most likely same as current. Ports are now becoming more important than ever. Somalia should have the most ports per km.

BTW Gheulleh does not want neither Mogadishu or Kismayo to enter competition, because there are about 25 million Ethiopians where Kismayo would be most convenient. Even parts of kenya and Somalia might have 5-6 million potential users.

gooni   

Heshiiska waxaa saxiixay gudoomiyaha shirkadda Dpworld iyo wasiirka arimaha dibadda snm waana shaqo aan is lahayn ama murugsan.

Qaab ahaan aragtidayda imaaraadku wuxuu ku duulayo waa shirkado ma'ahan hogaankooda sare sabab keentayba.

Dhanka siyaasadda dawladda UAE dagaalka yaman waxay ku sheegeen inay ku difaacayaan dawladda sharciga ee abdo robo mansuur haadi.

Soomaiyana waxay daciifinayaan ama duminayaan awoodda dawladdii dhaxe ayagoo ku xumaynaya turkiga shaxda dadna hoosbuu ka dagaa sida turkiga qaarna kor sida carabta, kor joogtduna kan hor dega bay inta badan raacaan.

Tan khayre 

Waa loo baahnaa inuu shir jaraa'id qabto sababtoo ah aamusnaanta iyo booqashadiisa kulmay shaki bay abuuri lahayd si uusan u noqon khaa'inu wadan.

Maal-gashiga waxaa lagasoo galaa irridda hore, burcad-badeedkana waxaa lagasoo galaa daaqadda ama dariidhadda.

Mowduucaan meesha kaliya oo qosol kasoo galo waa maangaabnimadda snm waxayna u egyihiin gabadhii boqolka laga bixiyay oo lugta sagaarada dheemanka ku bixisay.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2