Suldaanka

Young Somaliland Entrepreneurs win funding for their Startup

Johnny B   

"Mina kusiner nere i Somalia"  means  "my cousins down in Somalia"

Where did you glue "Somaliland  Entrepreneurs" into it?

delusion^2 

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

"Mina kusiner nere i Somalia"  means  "my cousins down in Somalia"

Where did you glue "Somaliland  Entrepreneurs" into it?

delusion^2 

I know the guys in real life.  

Johnny B   
8 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

You seem to be a pedantic in argument wise, but thoughtless in meaning. Hence, yours is one those empty retort that at first blush (or at first reading) come across as if they have a real weight behind it. But on second reading, gets to be exposed as a silly assertions that has no larger impact.

In other words, the sense of the argument in which the meaning of "Somaliland" was carrying was not intended to be "obtained" from a mere literal reading of the text. But rather as a larger meaning of "who those guys" actually are.

And you could of easily understood it as to what he was getting at if you weren't so pedantically-minded in here, my friend. And that "easy-of-understanding" of the gist of thing ought to be a second nature to any Somali, actually.

For example, if I were to say that a dear friend of mine from the "looters Incorporated" side of the Somali peninsula, or friend of friend who is from the "Scrap-Merchants" side of the Somalia, has actually won a "start-up" fund from someone, then that ought to really mean that you should really know who he is in "lineage-wise" without you pedantically interjected silly lines about how there is no approved designation of names in the Somalia that in turn tells you about where the territories of "Looters Inc" and "Scrap-Merchants" begins or end. Or who these folks were supposed to be. You see the point in here, my friend.

I think it's quite obvious from your part  that my redicule on the meaning of "Somaliland" in this very context (as you understood it) was lost on you.

ofcourse, the clanish sentiment under which you secessionists labour ditcates to adress those you share clan lineage with as "Somalilanders", but you're off your rocker when you refer to a Somali who says he sends money back to Somalia as a "Somalilander", simpley  because of his clan lineage, and at the very minute turn around claim that the secession is not clanish.

I think if the concealed wisdom of "Somaliland" is clan affiliations , it is a cold day in Hell .

cheese  and chalk my Guru.

Johnny B   
14 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

Dad ayay meeli buktaa... kkkk

"Young Somaliland Entrepreneurs" is a factual statement. 

delusion^2 

The fantasy of our dearly departed brother from this parish, namely, our esteemed colleague by the name of Mr Galbeedi. 

Galbeedi went to meet with Minster. Bayleh in Mogadishu. 

Saalax   

Most big business people from  northern Somalia never say they are from Somaliland since they want their business to appeal to all Somalis. Even Dahabshiil himself said he is pro Somaliweyn.

Seriously, if the boy is DURIYADA and that makes him SL, why don't you call him advice what to say next time.

This looks a bit too desperate.   the argument that DURIYADA is Somaliland , makes it a clan project, and will never fly.

59 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Seriously, if the boy is DURIYADA and that makes him SL, why don't you call him advice what to say next time.

This looks a bit too desperate.   the argument that DURIYADA is Somaliland , makes it a clan project, and will never fly.

Nothing wrong with citizenship by decent or double-decent. It is a normal practiced process including first class nations in Europe or elsewhere. 

There is nothing wrong with clans or Qabiilo. But when it becomes Qabyaalad/Clanism then it becomes a problem. The same people are from many different races, but racism is a problem. 

Tallaabo   
13 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Maakhiri if you apply for an ID card in Somaliland you will be ask to bring your sulltan with you to prove that you are Somalilander by clan. The sultan will tell the government that you are the son of so and so, that you are from this sub-sub clan, and that you are a Somalilander by blood. A sheegato like Saalax will not be able to get the ID card because there will be no sultan to prove his xalaalness and right to citizenship. So the word "Somalilander" is also used to describe any member of the clans which make up Somaliland even if such a person is a citizen of another country. 

Tallaabo   
40 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

The short and the long end of it, indeed.

Oh I forgot to mention that the word "Somalilander" also describes anyone who hails from Somaliland whether he/she is a unionist like Maakhiri or a secessionist like Barwaaqo. Or whether they like it or not :D

• Like 1