Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why do Somali Naago like White guys?

Castro et al., Kashanre, you said about this mother and her baby that "Later on, when he (the baby) turns out to be abusive, and he is verbally abusing his girlfriend/lover/wife, who do you think should be blamed? The child or the motheR?"

And I answered your question. Spousal abuse is a crime right? So someone who engages in it is a criminal. And having a girlfriend and "lover" is immoral. So I said the mom should be blamed for having this and razing him that way. Where did I say I hate anyone?

well this phenomena is called jungle fever! its been around 4 a while now. i met this blk american gal in college one time! and she told me that she didnt date no blk guys! by the way japanese fantasy is called sushi fever!!

i told her ok Oro! i ce ya blk azz around! what a freaking moran! can u imagine that!

anyway, lately, in our community i been seeing xalimos who r like mono minded! like, they will say, i date only blk, whites this or that! i say why limit yourself to one when u can have all!!

dont get it!! :confused:

Salaan...

Horta waxaa la yaabay dad meeshaan joogo oo caado ka dhigtay markii Soomaali la amaano try to find hard the tiniest fault, some even unrelated to the topic at hand sometimes; markii shisheeyaha kalena a little dacaayad lagu sameeyo foremost u difaac ah, oo soo taagan seeftooda.

Again, markii Soomaali wax laga sheego, afkooda asturto, mumbling, difaac iskaba dhaaf, if not wholly agreeing that dacaayado; laakiin markii shisheeyana la amaano ugu daro gratuitous amaan kale.

Dad is nacay, dadkoodana nacay, Eebboow hana nicin.

Castro   

^ Atheer back up these allegations you're making. :D Haniif has cyber-blood on his hands. Defending him, in this thread, amounts to thwarting flooding using New Orleans' levies during Katrina.

MMA makes a great point. Why is it that when something nice is said of the Somali people, you point out the bad, and one someone even hints that there maybe something wrong with, say indhayer such as in aa ay cunaan, you jump to the defence and attack like vicious hyenas who smell blood of a defendless victim.

Castro   

^ Atheer, you don't seem like someone who has trouble with English that much. You still don't see the error of your ways, do you? MMA's smoke screen won't get you off the hook, so hushing up is your best course of action. Next to repenting of course. :D

ElPunto   

Wow - talking in circles and talking for the sake of simply talking is a major strength of Somalis as exemplified by this thread. Hopefully, at some point, we can use that as a strength.

What matters most to me is the Islamic tradition and background. Try to stay within that boundary. Of course it would be beneficial for you to marry one of your kind. But dhaqankaa ka muhiimsan.

Make sure he/she is a practicing Muslim, and you will be better off.

Hadduusan Muslim ahayn, mid muqayal ha ama miniskirt wearing Muslimah is a lot better than blonde or that attractive jareer, I say.

Maf Kees   

I think the term Jareer deserves it's own thread. Obviously a derogetary word to describe some people with certain physical characteristics. But I found out that in Somalia, Somali Bantus call themselves officially Jareer Weyn. What's up with that? Has it transformed to an official name for one of Somalia's peoples?

Its not just the marriage of a man and a woman---but the joining of families. Don't forget that. A successful marriage is one in which not only are the couple compatible and satisfied but also the immediate family from both sides. Personally, I would want my family to feel comfortable in my home and be able to relate to the person I plan on sharing my life with. Thats important to me because their opinion matters.

Having said that, I have see no problems with people marrying outside their culture. If Somali women marry non-somali men in greater numbers--maybe that would decrease the number of children being automically born into the qabiil of their father's. ;)