Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why do Somali Naago like White guys?

Cantar baqash weyaan waxaagu. Good looks and a sweet demeanor, isn't that what every man is looking for? Even the faaraxs? Mise it takes on a different meaning when the sentiment is stated by a non-Somali guy? Come off it, X.

I processed your implication exactly as it was implied in both posts (one just strengthened the other). I don't think am reading anything extra into it, so blah to you. :D

Plus, what do you mean by 'I knew it'? I was under the impression that you know very little. icon_razz.gif

I have a lot of good things to say about Somali guys. The problem I have is with their attitude and outlook on life. It plain stinks.

LoL..Thats a bit harsh.

Now see, this is exactly what I mean't. I had no intention of bashing Somali men or advocating for marrying outside your race for that matter, but Xoogsade's snotty and insidious posts among others drove me down that path. Yeah, you heard...I'm not responsible.

This is an awful thread, but it would be worse if it deteriorated further into another gender-bashing-fest.

On that note, I bid you all a lovely day. :cool:

you all forgot one thing.everything we do or happens to us has been pre-ordained by ALLAH so we really dont have these so called preferences......it's been written by ALLAH and we cant escape it.so stop this madness allright?

Ibtisam   

yep they are all the same, just like somali men ; liying, cheating, skinny freaks with bad manners and cheesy pick up lines :Dredface.gif no offence i am JOKING, well partly :D

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

It is always "Hey, Hamdi looks great and is sweet, can you hook me up with her"? Some even have pictures of somali girlfriends to show around sis and I am not kidding. It is not only young girls even experimenting the difference. One day I was depositing money into my account and the teller asks me if I was a somali. I replied yes. She was around 22 agewise and proceeded to tell me few words in somali. I curiously asked who taught her. She said her father's somali grilfriend. Can you imagine that sis? It is not shocking anymore and everyone is bragging about somali grilfriends both mature and young. Oh well.

A somali guy may screw around with others but I suspect if they would whisper into an ethiopian girl's ear and say: "I was scared at first, I thought you were SOMALI, thank god you are not"
;)

I have a freind, a white infact who gave me a 'Video' of a certain Somali cutie...Infact he keeps it like a 'Souvenir'..I was astonished to see the lady..I think she is from Somalia..as per her Styles..

ANOTHER...!!!!

And I don't mean to say somali guys don't date or run after white women. Some of them do. It is just not that many of them who do it and marriage by them to these women is rare in our area.

Someone said...Why should I crave for a somali when you can a white skinny...^^^Check the video "Gabadh Soomali laga soo dhuubey"..in my next Thread...I am sorry she didn't know The secret webcam.. :D:D:D

Xoogsade   

Flipmode, You are wrong in your implications. Although I can not often contradict the obvious when I am told a certain guy had a somali girlfriend or has one now, I still don't let them degrade a sister in my presence to that level. I actually hasten the conversation and change subjects because I do feel embarrassed by the fact that they have to assume I do care knowing about it. I should have cared really but it makes no sense or little one to hold on to old sentiments. The days when somali women were for somali guys are over, so I might as well get on with the program LOL.

Ahura

I was NOT implying I know too much of anything but realized your distinct take on somali men. You sounded familiar under Ahura ;) You are habitually harsh Abaayo. Liked the cantrabaqash word. I am impressed you know about the word LOL.

Baashi   

Why do Somali dumar like white guys? Who said they do? or are we making assumptions here? And even if some or few do like them white guys why should you care? Sometimes Solers' sweeping generalizations makes me wonder.

Now the drama queens and their case iska waal...what's that all about if I may ask? Somali men this and Somali man that as if they are experts on the ins and outs of how Somali men live thier lives.

How many of them have you dated? How many of them have you know up and close? I wouldn't be surprised if someone tells me that the loud ones who made a habit to badmouth an entire ethnic men go out with the very folks they diss on the cyber screen day in and day out. That is quite possible.

Falaado iyo farobaxsi badanaa icon_razz.gif

Waxaanba joognaa gacan ku gabad :D .

juba   

i think its a case of "when in rome do what the romans do". When you are not in your country you will eventually adopt other ways which affect marriage aswell.

ElPunto   

Just a few thoughts on this already well-discussed thread:

1- Somali culture is generally racist and xenophobic - witness what they do to 'adoon' in their country

2- Somalis are not running away from their colour or have an inferiority complex as some suggested - they wouldn't be the racists they generally are if that were the case - IMHO, Somalis have a superiority complex where they consider all to be beneath them except sometimes the whites - even them they refer to as 'gaalki xumaa'

3- People marry for a variety of reasons - so to say Somali women marry solely to get away from their skin colour or for inferiority complex is dumb

3- I don't know that Somali women have an increased predilection for white men - certainly haven't seen it. In fact, it would seem to me that it would be somewhat unlikely given that the culture is strict with regard to women and their sexuality etc. That said, even if it were true, I feel some sympathy to those Somali women who do marry whites etc. From my experience here in Canada at least, Somali women take more advantages of opportunities available and you see them more likely to be better educated and have better jobs. So in that event, if they don't wish to hook up with a less than stellar Farax - can't really blame them. And I find it sad as a Farax myself.

ElPunto   

As an aside, I detest self-loathing. I dislike those Somalis who bash our culture and country - as some have done on this thread. Somali culture has a number of bad points - namely xenophobia and clannishness. But the culture has an excellent base - namely Islam and close families. And the country and people are tough and resilient and has so many other good things going for it - if we can get our act together.

Castro   

^ Very well said, atheer. I mean it. Now, let me introduce you to the worlds smallest violin. Rub your index finger against your thumb to produce classic music. There. You can do it.

Great points, The Point. You've covered the issue from all sides. The violin joke was just that. :D

Katrina   

Now, let me introduce you to the worlds smallest violin. Rub your index finger against your thumb to produce classic music. There. You can do it.

lol, point don't mind him. Castro's vocab is limited and unfortunately the violin thing has been the in-word for him for quite a while. Castro isn't it time to retire the damn word!!