Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Low-cut dress

My, My is it me or is Rudy joing our world nowadays? Rudy, you have a good point. If the dress code was in place, then maybe she wouldnt have taken the job but for them to force her after a week at work is a pure harrassment, Muslim or not.

Aaliyyah   

well i guess u didnt read the article carefully.

she was allowed to wear normal attire for week to work and then the boss ordered her to wear the skimpy stuff....didnt u read!

it will have been different if the skimpy uniform was in place when she got hired. Then if she didnt like, she wont have to take the job. u see where i coming from.

She could have still left the job when her boss told her to wear such dress. It makes no difference whether her boss told her on the first day of the job or a week after. She still has the choice to leave the work? doesn't she?

Ibtisam   

^^^Err she did leave, she just also decided to sue them, so they don't do it to others.

Many Muslims people work in unislamic line of work, from working in a bar, to banks, to meat processing plants, owe shops which sale qamiri and making a profit on it. All we can say is may allah guide them.

I think it shows that however weak muslim she is, she has a bit of Iman which if she was refusing fro religious reasons has shown through. Hopefully she can build on that. It is very easy to look down on people who did not have a formal education. This women is from Bosina, it was not the best place to be Muslim when she was growing up and they tried to appear least Muslim to blend in, hence she did not benefit from all the maddresses we went to and environment we had.

P.s. I think it was a case of sexual abuse rather than anything to do with her being Muslim. Just the media twisting things.

Aaliyyah   

^she was sexually abused after she wore the revealing clothes aint it? did she have to wear a revealing clothes? let me see no she didn't have to... as soon as the boss told her to change her clothes she could have walked out..

anyways why are we even arguing on her behalf...who in their right mind works in a bar and expects to be a in a safe zone...I mean hello most guys there are drunk?...

enough said..

salaam

Ibtisam   

^^^As I said it easy for you to judge for you have been sheltered from such thing sby your family and Allah.

Many of the eastern Europeans hardly get jobs and those that do are very lucky whatever the job, at least they are not held and sold in the sex industry. If your family paid all their savings to get you to another country for you to send money back, I could not find a decent job kuu miidi meeyso.

It is just a job, and she is sinning, but what makes her sin bigger than everyone else? There are Muslims who drink, sleep around and go clubbing every weekend (most ppl in these places are drunk and on drugs) yet Muslim people go there. Are they better than the one who decides to work there?? I bet you even know some people who go to such places, you just don't know :D

Oh I have a Q: When you see a Muslim girl in a mini skirt/ dress on the street what do you?? No one forced her and she is wearing it for fashion. Do you turn up your nose??

Aaliyyah   

It is just a job, and she is sinning, but what makes her sin bigger than everyone else? There are Muslims who drink, sleep around and go clubbing every weekend (most ppl in these places are drunk and on drugs) yet Muslim people go there. Are they better than the one who decides to work there?? I bet you even know some people who go to such places, you just don't know [big Grin]

ka aada iyo ka ka shaqeeya wa isku kay mid. bari uun ee ii dhihin nin ayaaa wax igu sameeyay..i wouldn't feel sorry more like you asked for it...

same applies with the girl who walks outside with a mini skirt. I wont turn my nose up and say something abt her, it aint my business. But, if she goes a guy harrassed me or whatever...I personally wouldnt feel sorry for her. you dnt put all you offer out there and then expect nothing?obviously guys will check her out..and some will do things they shouldnt do...at the same time am not saying a man is free to do whatever if a girl chooses to walk around naked...or almost naked..its just abt me not feeling sorry for her more like u asked for it...

salaam

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Sabriya:

It is just a job, and she is sinning, but what makes her sin bigger than everyone else? There are Muslims who drink, sleep around and go clubbing every weekend (most ppl in these places are drunk and on drugs) yet Muslim people go there. Are they better than the one who decides to work there?? I bet you even know some people who go to such places, you just don't know [big Grin]

ka aada iyo ka ka shaqeeya wa isku kay mid. bari uun ee ii dhihin nin ayaaa wax igu sameeyay..i wouldn't feel sorry more like you asked for it...

same applies with the girl who walks outside with a mini skirt. I wont turn my nose up and say something abt her, it aint my business. But, if she goes a guy harrassed me or whatever...I personally wouldnt feel sorry for her. you dnt put all you offer out there and then expect nothing?obviously guys will check her out..and some will do things they shouldnt do...at the same time am not saying a man is free to do whatever if a girl chooses to walk around naked...or almost naked..its just abt me not feeling sorry for her more like u asked for it...

salaam

Aaaah Sabriya, Dear sis you are wrong for several reasons, I will point out two:

1)Men who harass women often are disgusting human beings with over active imagination, whilst I agree that as an opportunities he might harass a drunk women, generally they are looking for easy target. I have been harassed many times, and I cover, from sick people rubbing themselves against you on tube, to guys flashing me, to people following you and enquiring about “what you have under there”, one even had the cheek to say, “I like covered women” It gives my imagination more space to imagine things. So a sick individual is just that, a sick individual. So please don’t make excuses for them, and say their victims are asking for it.

2)Covering is a protection for perverted eyes, but it won’t protect you from someone who has decided to target you.

Aaliyyah   

girl am talking about most cases. Obviously some guys have no limit. But, if you cover like you and I cover we are safe most of the time.Alhmadulilah...

for me personally random strangers from the street said hey you look good on that abaya or whatever..few irrelevant comments here and there.. but no one ever harrassed me..all i do is ignore unwanted comments. Most guys if you are covered will not bother with you. And, if like u said few sick ppl did harass you in the streets? can you tell me that happens often? as often as it probably happens to a girl with a mini skirts...?

2)Covering is a protection for perverted eyes, but it won’t protect you from someone who has decided to target you.

yes sister with abaya, hijaab and the remembrance of Allah..it can protect you.

salaam

Ibtisam   

^^^I don't know I have not tried walking down the road in a mini as yet, but I could do a comparative study :D

Seriously yes, I do, these people are dogs, they abuse anyone who happens to be female, regardless of what she is wearing. No excuses for them :mad:

Nehanda   

You are too hasty with your judgement Sabrina. Some might say that Muslim women who wear the full hijab deserve to be ridiculed which of course you would find offensive and unjust. Likewise because individuals chose to wear an attire which is not modest to your standards does not warrant unwanted attention. They just like you chose to dress in a way which they are confortable with and as such deserve equal treatement and respect.

K- seriously as long as Farah fulfilled his husbandry duties I wouldn't give two cents if he was the cleaner of a strip club.