Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

Age Ain't Nothin' but a Number

I just wanted to know why our fellow Somali men are so curious about knowing a women's age right away. :confused: Is it insecurity or what? And it used to be said that women made themselves younger and nowadays more men are lying about there age. Why???? This is just my experience. So if u have realized this occurence and u know a possible answer this bizarre behavior and I would love to know it. And what is the perfect age exactly??? :confused:

Somealien-There's a lot of Somali R.Kelly's out there if u know what I mean. I'm just saying it seems as though they are looking for the right age that they want to get with. Don't get me wrong age is a number when she's 13 and he's 20 and older. :eek:

Come on redface.gif OG_Girl, 22 is still young. u should hear some of these women in the states who are about 40 and saying that their 23. :D

Adna   

salaam.

age is nothing but number that is so true but the big q is why ppl specially women like to lie about their age? i my self think they really should be happy about the long life they got cuz some ppl my not live long.

Og girl, sis i think 22 is so young are u really willling to get married younger then 22. that is not me, and even if u're older then 22 you should be happy and there will be some one who would care about you and not warry abot ur age. don't listen the ppl who are saying ur too old if u're 20+more u grow up more muture will be.

Adna   

salaam

st paul chick thatis so right, i know even guy's these days don't like to tell the truth of threir age, hmmmmm,,, horay aa looyiri what goes around comes around,,,, awal wexay eheed naagaha wey is yareeyaan hada guy's ha idinka saarto ,, i hate to mension names but this bro that i know he was like aniga i'm only 22, i was like ok who cares, in my mind i was think at least 25 or over, marka i don't know what is wrong with ppl ani i feel like i'm not proud of who i'm or how old i'm hadaan qariyo, to be honest with u guys i know so many ppl who at least older then me but at the same time claims they are younger ani markaa lajoogo i'm ayeeyo,,, looool.. marka the funiest thing onday this old man was haye habar yar and i said haye awoowe, he was what aniga oo kaa yaraaa,,, i have shut my mouth now i'm gettin sleepy let me get out of here,,,

A7LA-SHU   

hahahaha i guess women everywhere do that ish huh lol.. u know what i tell my friends never to say their age, coz each year they get younger and younger. which makes me laugh.. i have friend of mine who is older than my older sis and guys what when i was 16 she was 17. now that im 21 she is 19. now something is wrong with dat pic?

og girl what u mean 22 and not married i gotta do dat??

and about guys well i haven't seen any yet. one other thing can u ppl stop sayin age isnot but # cos that iz bull$hit.. i gotta be honest it does matter.. coz no way in earth i would holla at dude who passed 25 or 26.. i'll be like grandpa the door is dat ----> please..

Well, personally I think men like young girls; for several reasons. The obvious. They believe young girls tend to be naive. Second it does make them feel younger and sexy if they are roaming around with a teenager, rather than smart, sophistaced sister. I personally embrace age, I wish i was older than I am today, why so I can really match my intellect to my age. But someday, prehaps I'll

In our culture, women can be married when they reach 15yrs old. And some even marry as young as 14. I think it will all depend how bad a women wants to start a family.

Ma_Girl I do agree with u that age is a big factor. I also think if he is way older than u, then maybe u should think twice about it. But what I'm getting at is why be so insecure about ur age. U should be happy that Allah (SAW) has brought u this far in life.

OG_Girl, 22 is not young and it's not old. In Somalia women were getting married at age 16 and now those ladies daughters are getting married in their 30's. I think it's the western why of doing things, these American ladies get married at 40 and that's way too old.

:

ani markaa lajoogo i'm ayeeyo

Asraa-LOL...girl I feel that way around some of my friends who are 2 or 3 years older than me. :D

Because people would rather embrace youthfulness than maturity especially that of a woman; this goes for our culture as well as the west when concerning women. men are starting to tend about their looks and their own aging process more because the media is inventing more products for men to "look their best", like rogaine, just for men hair coloring, protein shakes etc... all these ads can make a person self conscious about their image and therefore their age (just like its doing to women). also i think the men lying about their age are the ones trying to hook up with younger women who, depending on how young, has the advantage of choosing between a much older man or a younger man, so itd be in his best interest to lie about his age... or he could be going through a mid-life crisis and want to "believe" his young again. personally i think its embarassing when someone doesnt acknowledgge their age, i mean i cant take anything you say seriously if yr 40 trying to look 20, yr a joke. this goes for all these people getting plastic surgery to stop the hands of time too... theyre jokes.

A7LA-SHU   

og-girl i think where u from 22 is that big deal lol.. coz i got one year to go before i become 22 and no plans for any of dat.. i shotin for the 25 then i'll wake up and smell the coffee lol.. before dat i gotta do my thing if u know what i mean.. :Dicon_razz.gif;)

shyhem   

Most of u here are talking about third parties lying about their age.What about yourself,how do we know u won't lie about it tomorrow?Me personally i lied about my age once to this lady,she was a fine woman, but abit older than me and the only way ta the time i could score with her was to add afew yrs to my age and i must say it temporarly worked until she found it out and i guess the rest is history.

Shyhem I'm personally talking for myself and I know fo sho that I will never lie about my age just to make myself seem younger or older. Sorry about ur problem w/ the lady. I guess she didn't want to babysit.lol. If I was that women I would have done the same thing. but hey whateva floats ur boat. Hey Shyhem if u don't mind be asking how many years was she older than u?

OG_Girl we ain't trying to put u down sista, on ur thoughts and views, whateva makes u happy just do ya thang. Congratualtions on getting ur prince charming. Just make sure u invite me to the big nite! :D