Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Somali Television Network

Rokko   

Time to compete with Al-Jazeera. or maybe not. :D

My own cousin is going to Hargeisa to give some TV training to the guys at Hargeisa office in preparation for the network launch.

We will see what they produce na'mean.

nuune   

lets kick the Globe,

am wondering,is this the same STN as the one in Mogadisho which also has a TV and a radio satelite,the one in mogadisho was changed to Somali Telemedia Network(stn)

i think the are the same,i checked it!!

Paragon   

Libaax no not really, STN will be showing a reply of the Vikings lol and the house of commons!

Good addition! atlast something is happening, meesha TV la'aan baa nagu dishay illeene.

hukri   

ey, do you guys think nomads up north can broadcast this? :confused:

we're getting somewhere! all we need is peace and then we're reeeeally getting somewhere smile.gif

Macalin   

I was told in the twin cities,its just maqal and no muuqal..the actual muuqal comes sometime mid next yr..still cool tho.i met one of the promoters,a rather shabby,short and marqaan'd faced dude...not ur typical TV dude...maybe justa muqalas..lol

Jamal/Libaax-Mnsota dhan waxaa usoo nacay,Vikings Mania....is there anything this city does besides the ever overrated vikes? :D

i

I seen this station on satellite or one of the Somali tv channels, and they should stop running the same dry cleaner commercial nonstop, they should get program line up managers on there, they should also get content developers. How about wedding tapes, we seem to be shooting a lot of them these days.

NGONGE   

^^^^ Hmmm! Have you been eavesdropping on my conversations, saaxib?

I’ve been (albeit rather casually) researching the subject of Somali TV for a while now. I’m glad to see such TV channels finally springing up. I think STN is gone now though. The only Somali channel I could access in the UK is based in the UK. It’s called Universal TV. They too repeat the same things over and over again.

Like you, I wondered why they don’t make use of Somali weddings, videotapes of ‘community’ gatherings and the SMS revolution. I could go on, but I’m a family man and have many mouths to feed (they’re feeble, needy and always hungry). I can’t afford to pass on my ideas for free. :cool:

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I could go on, but I’m a family man and have many mouths to feed (they’re feeble, needy and always hungry). I can’t afford to pass on my ideas for free. :cool:

Well, may be if you cut down on the stale Khat you buy from Omar 'the liar', your mouths wouldn't be so feeble, needy, and always hungry, Mr. family man. ;)