Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

Why Imus Should be Fired!

STOIC   

We like people who are similar to us. This facts seems to hold true whether the similarity is one in the area of opinions or backgrounds. The American public opinion is every day shaped by the opinions of political and cultural pundits in the business of radio and television. It is hardly any wonder to see millions of Americans turn to the radio and television shows for news and information. Some of the opinions and words that come out of the show producers and hosts is not in any way different than words that a drunkard person spews you with when they accost you in a bar. These producers some times lack conscious effort to weight their words and opinions before they say it in their shows. Well no one could have cared less if their words were less worrisome. Often their words are so vile and offensive that people of color and women in general find them tasteless.

This week the producer and the host of MSNBC show “IMUS in the morning” found them selves in hot bed when they referred to Rutgers women basketball team as “Nappy Headed Hos”. Remember in the eyes of the public this is a credible show where politicians and the public give it a great credibility by referring to it as a trustworthy informant of the opinion of the country. The punishment of Imus was a source of puzzlement in my eyes. Instead of NBC firing him they only suspended him for two weeks. Remember this was not his first time of calling women names. He did it with Gwen Ifil of PBS when he called her the cleaning lady reporting from the white house.

This is yet another example of hypocrisy that rules the American airwaves. This sort of exploitation of women of color and women as a general is a unfair and disrespectful. The discomfort his words have caused those young women in Rutgers is one that should set forth a debate about the value of women in our society. This sort of vile language should not be tolerated and this is why I think a repeat offender should not be given a second chance. He should be fired instead. NBC should accept the responsibilities of the contents of their shows. I think the biggest reward they can offer these young remarkable ladies is a direct apology and firing of that old haggard man.You are Fired!

RedSea   

Wallahi waan dhagaystay, odaygaa xumi wuxu ku hadlay way iga yaabisay.

Ninkasta oo waalan intuu wuxu rabo ku hadlo, ayuu hadhow leeyey 'I wasnt' normal, I am sorry'....he should be held acountable, two weeks of suspention isn't enough at all.

I really don't see what the hoopla is about. The man spoke his mind. That they're "nappy headed hos" is personal opinion. As long as one is not inciting hatred and violence, one should be free to speak his mind.

STOIC   

Socod, the man is in a position to trigger hatred towards minority and women in general.It is easy to brush the incident as a mere freedom of speech, but the man's words can incite automatic mindless stereotyped behaviours.His words were inappropriate for the girls.For a person in his profession of mass communication he should have known better that his views can exploit the perception of his listerners unless you want to tell me the FCC was organized for nothing, but mere umbrella of decency in the airwaves.Although his words were meant for a highly effective technique for gaining attention of his listeners I think they were offensive and had the potential to incite hate towards women and minorities.If you reflect on his words for a moment you will realize that Imus himself felt that he was wrong and not because brother Jesse or Al-sharpton presured him to give in although I beleive they both do have their agendas behind this incidents.

For most of the decent people in this country his words were like a bad dream come true.We have seen from the history of this country how hateful words were used against minorities as a weapon to manipulate their worth as a human beings.It is easy enough to say that the man has the right to voice his opinion, but does it mean that everything that comes out of our mouth is right? Yes Some words can be said due to brain-clouding arousal, but when you keep calling names women of color there must be hate behind your words.One that can incite even violence against women in general

Jaylaani   

I said the something the next morning to my co-workers. Not the ho part but the nappy headed part. The Tennessee girls look presentable but Rutgers chicks looked horrible...like ghetto crack heads straight out of the hood. You are playing in national television the least you can do is to get your hear done.

I agree he didn't have to say it like that and should be fired.

Jacpher   

I think it's time they fire him. He does these kinds of racial remarks and gets away with them. Here's what he said about my favorite journalist Gwen Ifill.

“Isn’t The Times wonderful,” Mr. Nelson quoted Mr. Imus as saying on the radio. “It lets the cleaning lady cover the White House.” Referring to Gwen Ifill

Fanisha   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

The Tennessee girls look presentable but Rutgers chicks looked horrible...like ghetto crack heads straight out of the hood.

Originally posted by Baashi:

He crossed the line. Kinky haired yes but hos is way way over the top!

"Ghetto crack heads" "hood" "kinky haired" :rolleyes:

Since when do we talk about people's abuurta illahay like they created themselves. Kinky haired, kulaha. Who talks about white women's hair or clothes when they are playing basketball? These are young, intelligent women studying in an Ivy League school. They are accomplished in athletics and academics.

Haddaad ilmo cawaroleh dhasho oo lagu caayo wershaha abuurta alla bal baashiyoow maxaad samayn lahayd?

Jaylani or whatever your name is, have you looked at this bile faced baffoon's hair. He has no place to be talking about no one's hair.

Oh but wait, his a white man talking about black women, and white men are higher beings in your eyes.

YOU WORSHIP THEM (white people) DONT YOU?

DISGUSTING

ANUS HEAD IS FIRED!!

anus head! thats what i call him! man aint funny,

intelligent... he just another piece of white bread! that the system gave him zillions of dollars and he f'd up really badly...

but the irony is that, it happens to all blk ppl in the white countries daily and u never see those moran blk leaders say nada! all of sudden u see ppl like sharpton who greases his head to look like a white person...! waat a nincompoop.

gimme a break!! do what i do!! sanka ka hadal when u working for the establishment!! my white bosses run like chicken when they see me! talk back, hit them intelligently where it hurts.. but remember u must have the back of your honest co-workers!! in american nobody likes the boss! only azz kissers like the boss!! word...

cuz the boss got there azz kissing!! u feel me.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Alisomali:

Jaylani or whatever your name is, have you looked at this bile faced baffoon's hair. He has no place to be talking about no one's hair.

Oh but wait, his a white man talking about black women, and white men are higher beings in your eyes.

YOU WORSHIP THEM (white people) DONT YOU?

DISGUSTING

I'm sorry man if I hurt your feelings.

I didn't say anything about color or race. All I said was they looked horrible. Tennessee girls were black too so race has nothing to do with it.

BTW, I did say he didn't have to say it like that. The HO part was out of line.

Fanisha,

Rutgers is no Ivy League school sister.

These girls could be inelegant. Their academic capability is not being debated here. We’re talking about their image on national TV. These girls looked like they didn’t shower for days. Being black or intelligent has nothing to do with it.

Isn't a crime to say NAAGO FOOL XUN BAY AHAYAAYEEN...c'mon y'all smile.gif