Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Curvy women may be a clever...

Ibtisam   

:D Women with curvy figures are likely to be brighter than waif-like counterparts and may well produce more intelligent offspring, a US study suggests.

Researchers studied 16,000 women and girls and found the more voluptuous performed better on cognitive tests - as did their children.

The bigger the difference between a woman's waist and hips the better. Somali women should be very smart then!

Researchers writing in Evolution and Human Behaviour speculated this was to do with fatty acids found on the hips.

In this area, the fat is likely to be the much touted Omega-3, which could improve the woman's own mental abilities as well as those of her child during pregnancy.

Men respond to the double enticement of both an intelligent partner and an intelligent child, the researchers at the Universities of Pittsburgh and California said.

The findings appear to be borne out in the educational attainments of at least one of the UK's most famous curvaceous women, Nigella Lawson, who graduated from Oxford.

But experts are not convinced by the findings. icon_razz.gif

"On the fatty deposits being related to intelligence front, it's very hard to detangle that from other factors, such as social class, for instance, or diet," said Martin Tovee of Newcastle University.

"And much as we logically like the idea that men are interested in the waist to hip ratio, it actually features relatively low down the list of feature males look for in a potential partner." :D

Source: BBC

Buuxo   

Warka isee , Caqliga anaguu nagu miisanyah? LOL i find these types of studies hilarious ,do people actually get paid to do these research ?

The findings appear to be borne out in the educational attainments of at least one of the UK's most famous curvaceous women, Nigella Lawson, who graduated from Oxford.

Is she that cook on T.V? GOsh Oxford bay waxkarinta uga soo baxday,interesting.

YoniZ   
Originally posted by Buuxo:

[QB] do people actually get paid to do these research ?

Exactly.

A feel-good factor kind of study Atkins Diet will be proud of this. Nowadays those kind of studies are easily manipulated so as to mislead. They are usually designed to give some pressure groups or sometimes individuals the cutting edge they are after.

This looks like the scientific version of Mika's "BIG GIRL (YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL)" :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Zenobia:

Hagan Dazs, (strawberry Cheese cake), nyone?

May I have some Strawberry Cheese Cake, plz?

Curvicious women all the way...Sanadka maanta ah naag isktakiin u eg intee la geenaa... :D

Ibtisam   

The key word is curvy, Not FAT! :D

These research are really funny, it makes me mad, they waste so much time and money on it, while people starve!

Che... your advise is little late dear :D

Serenity: don't be so bitter :D I'm sure I can find one that say skinny people are smart as well! :D

Ibtisam   

^^No, thank God I have not, and beenta iska daa, having fat elbows does not signify beauty and wealth in Somalia. If you must know it is having thunder thighs and big calf (for women!) :D

Miss Ghanima bad news for you and your quarter of a chocolate cake eating self maa is tidhi?Lol love your healthy self!

Zenobia;Bring on the H.Daaz Mango sorbet bilis!Even though it's 'fat free' and full fake things it tastes soooo good *Drooling*