Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Gues which Somali- town this is!

does anyone find the placement of house in all of Somalia a little haphazard

This is a 17th century plan for philadelphia

art3005.jpg

had to delete the 1684 map of philadelphia but anyways, if you walk downtown today in center city, it would look like that just with more buildings. I am sure we do not lack the resource these people had in the 1600s today so why can't we have plan cities?

Ibtisam   

^^Or issues of land ownership and total privatization, lack of enforcement and bottom line people don’t want to be told how to spend their hard earned cash.

Som@li   

The only city in Somalia where u can see some form of plan is Mogadisho, the rest all look out of place.

Chimera   

Naxar that's ironic, since we know from the ruins of ancient abandoned Somali cities such as Maduna, Gondereshe, Abasa and dozens of others in Somalia that they were planned before construction, usually with a Mosque in the center or somewhere prominent and a intricate system of cisterns.

i find the whole idea that was an ancient somali city named gondereshe ludicrous.

Valenteena, again these people made this plans in the 1600s, i doubt they possessed any knowledge of city planning that we don't.

Ibti, you can't use your hard money to build a house in the middle of the street.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

i find the whole idea that was an ancient somali city named gondereshe ludicrous.

Huh?..elaborate.