Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland Singers Composers Thread - History and Legacy

Carafaat   

The artist mentioned are SOMALI singers and artist. Half of the singers mentioned were members of the Waaberi Group.

Carafaat   

This unfortunate negative Politicization of Artist and Singers wont work, because its not in their intere st and therefore they always kept a distance from it.

Jaceyl Baro.....Please stop slandering and smearing these well known Somali stars. Some of them might have originated from Northern Somalia but most of them would be shocked and ashamed by your anti-Somali agenda. I know many of them, including Omar Dhule Ali (RIP), Mohamed Suleiman Tubec left Northern Somalia i.e. so called Somaliland simply because their artistic talents and terrific singing abilities were denied because they happen to be born to the wrong tribe, who have suffered historical injustices in that part of Somalia. Fortunately, when they moved to Southern Somalia, they were were welcomed with open arms, their talents were recognised and revered. Also there many more Somali singers that are from Southern Somalia,including Hasan Aden Samatar, Maryan Mursal Isse, Halima Khalif Magol (RIP) Ahmed Ali Egal, Daud Ali Mashaf.. just to name a few. However, I havent seen any nomad who is as obsessed with their singers because of some sort of tribal or regional affiliation as the so called S landers.... this just shows how sick and twisted some of the people who hail from this part of Somalia are.

Bro.... get over it ..... you just cant accept the truth .. but remember the old adage " Tell the truth even if it is bitter".... bring it on.. I expect the Slanders to gang up on me, probably try to censor me or even worse ban me for good but am prepared to pay high price and speak up for the rest of nomads who are probably as sick and tired of this site being hijacked and turned into Sland propaganda machine... As far as I know name of the site is SOMALIA Online Not Somaliland online. Indeed let the thread continue.... but please dump down your Qabiileestanimo agenda!

wallaal waxa xanaaqasan oo xanuunsan oo cuqdada iyo cillkaba uu hayo waa adiga iyo kuwa kula midka ah ee lamagac baxay Sland ee illaahay cudurkaad dhammaantiin qabtaan ha idinka caafiyo.

GaroweGal;760156 wrote:
wallaal waxa xanaaqasan oo xanuunsan oo cuqdada iyo cillkaba uu hayo waa adiga iyo kuwa kula midka ah ee lamagac baxay Sland ee illaahay cudurkaad dhammaantiin qabtaan ha idinka caafiyo.

Waxaso budhuduq ah just because of magaca Somaliland lol

Carafaat   

Somali culture, language and arts has always transcended borders of clan, country and politics. Hadraawi poem is on Beletweyn and not about Berbera and Abdiqadir Jubba's song is about Hargeysaa and not Hiiraan.

So, stop polarizing the arts!!

Maybe you did not understand the politics of "Inoo kala gura" ... Yes the days were there when the singers, composers and other great artists were under one flag feeling the dream of Unity is somehow within a reach.

Those years are over ,,, and it is time of the "Inoo kala gura wixii isugu keen jiray" theory has taken place. Now look and see if Hadraawi talks about Beletweyn again ,,, see if Jubba sings about Batalaale anymore. Time is changing sxb and we are not a "one country" anymore.

We still share the "Af-Soomaali" though ............... and that is a bonus.