Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Make me look pretty

Ms DD   

Can i just say that nothing beat splash of cold water in the morning? Trust me..you wont need any make up whatsoever smile.gif

A splash of cold water wakes you up. It doesn't make you look particularly well-turned out. smile.gif

Lily, yes I have heard that before. It's partly why I switched to using organic soaps rather than off the shelf shower gels. Organic hair products are more expensive and harder to find. I usually stock up on Aveda products (made from plant and flower essences) when am feeling flush but have to settle for other brands when am broke. They do skincare and make-up too, although I haven't tried them out.

But the mineral-based make-up I definitely want to check out.

Xu-I dont apply moisturizer on my eyelids as they dont dry out and the skin on the lids is very soft and sensitive.Best option is to use a water based eyegel if you suffer from dry skin on your lids.But best of all is drink plenty of water like someone said and if and when you remove eye make up use a cotton pad and good ol' simplistic Vaseline.I dont trust anything else to do the job(Too much qashin ingredients in those 'makeup removers' really)

Dior do a class kinda thing online too.The model is white lakiin the technique/application is whats important smile.gif

Dior application showroom

Mineral make up, the benefits:

water-resistant

long-wearing

non-irritating

hypoallergenic

inert so no bacteria will grow

light-weight

a lil goes a long way

long-lasting when worn

contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide which are anti-inflammatory and sun protectors

contains no oil, no fragrance

Great if u have sensitive skin like me.

I love the stuff. The foundation makes me look an even-coloured version of myself when I need to make an effort and the eye shadows are off the hook. Every time I wear them they get commented upon. I invested in the eye brush and the foundation brush as the stuff is powdery and can get everywhere if you use your fingers- as I did initially(I looked like a drag queen), the colours are intense so go easy and layer to get required effect.

I can't recommend mineral make up enough, I haven't had a next-day itchy eye since. Also most of the time u can just mix different colours together and create your own colour- foundation and eye shadow. A lot of the eye colours can be applied wet too for a stronger look. Use the Lily Lolo site for samples. You can only order one sample of each product but you aure as hell can get a lot of them for that kind of money.

Now, will sambadhi tell me about tinited moisturisers- I thought this was white woman territory. smile.gif

mantra   

Originally posted by XulaXu:

Mantra
That dual-application L'Oreal mascara is like a gift from heaven to me, they make the feeble 5 eyelashes that I have, look dramatic in a Penelope Cruz kinda way.

Spread the word dear, tell everyone you know! Now that's what I call mascara. I've been a bit lazy when it comes to applying make-up but thanks to you Xu, and everyone else, I'm going to seriously experiment.

I can't seem to find white eyeliner that actually shows when applied, anyone know a good one?

U're welcome, Val. Let us know how they turn out; u should have them middle of the week. Get painting. smile.gif

I bought some of that Caudalie stuff yesterday; it took an age to figure out what the different products were at the shop- still confused. In the end I chose(I wasn't leaving without a product) Vinopure Matte Finish Fluid as I saw no straightforward moisturiser on the shelf. There appears to be a cream on the site though..

Shakti, thank you, there's another 23 pounds on fat!

Mantra, maybe it's better for the white not to show in an obvious way.

Haneefah   

^I've become quite curious about this organic Caudalie line too, but I was browsing their site and I couldn't find a normal daily moisturiser.

Where's the lady who was 'passionate' about the product? Shakti, walal, exactly what combination of products do you use for your daily skin regimen? Are they good for combination skin?

I've spent loads of money on skin care lines like Clarins, Biotherm, Aveda etc, without much success in getting the desired outcome. So now, after having lost faith in fancy lines, I resorted to using simple old Nivea Visage (not bad but doesnt feel ideal either).

mantra   

Haneefa why not try Hidden Beauty by Fashion Fair, it's a great facial moisturizer.

Sheh lol perhaps I'm too dark, because the white doesnt show at all!

Emperor   

Originally posted by Sheherazade:

Maya, anaa wax qaba.

LOL waa war sugan, dee anigana igu dar.. Somalidu waxay tirahdaa raggu waa 100 (boqollayaal) dumarkana waa 50 kontallayaal.. Marka hadaadba wax adigu qabtid dee 2 (labaa) laguu ogolyahay meesha ragga looga ogolaaday 4 haday iyagu wax qabaan. :D

Sestence-ka meesha kabanaan buuxi hadaba?