Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Make me look pretty

never heard of BECCA. Where do you get your supply, Juxa? I want to go play with the tinted mosituriser. Is the customer service good where you go? That's if you don't buy online..

-Lily-   

Sheh,

Luminous Skin Colour

50ml/1.7 fl oz pump bottle

A combination tinted moisturiser and sheer foundation, Luminous Skin Colour visibly improves the complexion, yet looks incredibly natural on the skin, offering skincare, makeup, and sun protection in one ingenious product. Contains anti-oxidant vitamins, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic ingredients with a broad spectrum SPF 25+. Combines broad spectrum SPF 25+ to protect against over 96% of both UVA and UVB rays

Contains anti-oxidant vitamins A, B, D, and E to aid tissue repair, increases collagen renewal and moisture holding capacity, while simultaneously protecting against pollution and free radical damage

Contains soothing anti-inflammatory and antiseptic ingredients

Can be applied with a foundation brush, fingertips, or a brush

Make-up Artist Tip:

Additional moisturizer is not required as this is an excellent moisturizing foundation, however serums and additional moisturizing cremes may be used if desired.

9331137000306.jpg

The above is from their website. Like Juxa said, try Becca, it’s an Australian international Brand and it can be purchased from Fenwicks. Personally it’s the best tinted moisturiser I’ve ever come across, about 80% moisturiser, 20% colour for glow. You might think £33 for a bottle is expensive, but it will last you about 8 months since you only need a little bit of it each time. The only thing is I don’t know how it works on oily skin but it’s excellent for normal- dry skin. It’s very good for sunny days, I think we all underestimate sun damage to our skin, even in cloudy winter UV light rays make it through. Black women are less likely to get wrinkles younger but that doesn’t mean we’re immune to discolouration and pigmentation marks.

I feel the majority of Somali girls have great skin that doesn’t need to be covered in layers of foundation, tinted moisturiser or concealor around the eyes to even out skin tone should be enough, even for special occasions. Brownish blusher also evens skin out since most have lighter cheek area. A good tan will do just as well of course, I love the natural look.

The only other thing that I would recommend is MAC looser mineral powder pot.

As for eyeliner, if you’re wearing it on top of your eye-lid, put a little powder on first. If you’re wearing it inside the eye-lid, I really have no clue...

C&H, I love Vaseline, applied sparsely. I have only ever come across one lip-gloss that wasn’t sticky, I can’t stand sticky lip-glosses.

If I had to choose 3 things I would go with eye liner, vaseline, tinted moisturiser or concealor depending on the state of the eye area.

-Lily-   

p.s. Sheh, I have found the girls at Fenwick Bond Street to be very friendly, it certainly isnt as busy as other stands and you get a lot of attention.

Juxa   

even the ones in brent cross are nice but avoid going on the weekends if possible.

i am not big fan of concealers si-si bey dhooqo uyihiin. i prefer MAC looser mineral powder pot, it is so easy to use and recommendable for women on the go. you dont need anything else for the day look, it just gives you all over look. plain and simple ( i love the plain jane look)

lily i need blusher. i am bored of the usual rose or pink colored ones.

rather Fenwick's Bond Street. Brent Cross sounds chavtastic. :D:D

Any idea if the MAC loose mineral powder is pure mineral?

I've moved from Lily Lolo to Bare Minerals - cause I get bored with things and their products are great too. Selfridges has a stand. Once you go mineral you won't go back.

Blessed   

Sheh. have you ever tried these? I'm not a huge fan of mascara / eyeliner but my mum uses this all time and it's pretty good.

DSC00002.JPG

Chimera   

Nayaada* Stop this terrible business now! Somali women look the best when they stay natural. Its like your painting purple flowers on a smooth red Porsche, why the hell would you do that for?

*I love the safety of internet.

loses its potency when it's spelled like that. LoL.

Blessed, I had one of those once, maybe I stole it from my ma. Any idea..where your mum...oh, my I just realised I have a pot of real kohl somewhere. Does it expire? LoL. I have way too much ish.

BUKURR   

Hey Adam, ruuun before the dacaska kusoo gaarin.

Shoot I was expecting more interesting topic than this, and here they're talking about putting powders on. :cool: