Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Make me look pretty

Shakti   

Originally posted by Centurion:

lol, i'm not here to share my 'idea's on foundations, mascara and lipstick!

Rather, being very much into Ancient History , i instantly recognised ole's sign image.

Its of the latest adaptation of the battle of Thermopylae, check out the trailer

The battle of Thermopylae is widely thought of as the greatest battle of ancient history. King Leonidas fought with his 300 personal guard against the Persian emperor (imagine Bush) approx 100 000 Persian warriors in a battle which proved again that Spartan warriors were the cream of ancient greece.

Anyway, 'tis supposed to be a great film..

lol@Centurion, like ya I cant wait 2 see that movie, the trailer does get my blood going; the graphic looks amazing, the story line does run parallel 2 today’s chaos,I just hope my high expectation doesn’t destroy the movie 4 me. (The sign image is my favorite scene of the trailer)

Back 2 make me look pretty

well I didn’t post the link on where to order the product line that im so passionate about… so here it is: CAUDALIE P12046_hero.jpg I can’t tell u ppl how wonderful this line is 4 ur skin. I strongly recommend it.

Ps. Make sure u hide It from ya family, my little brother was kind enough 2 waste an entire bottle of my face cream on his dusty body.

^some squirts squeezed my Green Tea shower gel into a bath- or two- once. I came home to find the bathroom fragrant and the tube discarded. Grr. A friend once found her Creme De la Mer(tres expensive) face cream scooped out by someone who must have thought it was body cream. I said it served her right for spending so much money on fat. smile.gif

U make me want to try that stuff u're raving about.

I really wanna purchase that "caudalie products the "vinoperfect radiance serum, tell me is it good, does it really work, and can i buy it here in the states, where do they sell it,we have mall of america here ,am suppose to find anything here,,let me know plz.

Shakti   

^lol u sure can

sheherazade "I said it served her right for spending so much money on fat"

did ya said it diractly 2 her( face2face)?

Edit ps: u should, especially if u r like me n suffer from bad acne

^ I'm interested in the mineral-based make-up you mentioned. Are they any good and what's the difference between mineral-based and the rest? The salon I go to for my occasional facials stocks a mineral-based brand of make-up (can't remember the name), but I have never felt the need to check them out before.

I'm very bored with the sparse contents of my make-up bag at the moment (green eye-shadow, eye-liner, Iman compact powder). :(

posted by: Xalimopatra

PS Xu -Sorry about going on about eyemakeup dear.You're original query was about application of foundations,powders,fluids and such.

No, I was talking about ALL kinds of make-up.

Also, do you use face moisturiser on your eyes? Or do you need something specific for the eyes?

Kimiya: I also blend lipliner with vaseline, but I always wondered if that was like cheating and not the "proper" grownup way of doing it. smile.gif

Mantra That dual-application L'Oreal mascara is like a gift from heaven to me, they make the feeble 5 eyelashes that I have, look dramatic in a Penelope Cruz kinda way.

Pacifist: That was really comprehensive and truly helpful. You girls are getting me excited about makeup, which I don't think has ever happened before smile.gif

-Lily-: That website is awesome actually. It's like a private lesson, I wonder if it's as easy that though smile.gif

Thank you everybody..... I'm sure my future husband will appreciate your hard work in teaching me :D

-Lily-   

Val, I have seen these mineral based make up before but ddin't take note due to the high overload advertising of others. I was interested in Sheh's make up brand as well, especially since reading this today :eek:

Washing with soap or shower gel, shampooing your hair, using a deodorant or aftershave or applying make-up are a mundane part of our everyday routine.

But a survey carried out by the US National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health found that 884 chemicals used in personal care products and cosmetics were toxic and estimated that women absorb up to two kilograms of chemicals through toiletries and cosmetics over the course of a year.

These products are often classified as “safe” on the grounds that you don’t eat them. Yet make-up is applied externally and consequently is absorbed through the skin directly into your blood stream.

Source: http://money.uk.msn.com/mymoney/ethicalmoney/article.aspx?cp-documentid=700933