Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Season's Greetings

ElPunto   

^Can you send him over this way please? I'm tired of shoveling. And having a neighbour who somehow manages to direct the spray from his snowblower right on my walkway.

Fabregas   

Ngonge bal i sheeg how to avoid sendoff(party)for sum 1 whoz leavin? wa la iqbtay........waxa la igu yidhi, "are u doin anything on that day, bla, bla". I said maya, marka afterwards..i have 2 bring sum somali cunto Somali...but the problem qaar ba khamri so qadanaya.......san u baxsada ninyow?.....

Fabregas   

^^u so deserve an unknown type of reply for that, like this:

fear Allah JB u have disbelieved how dare u act so westernised. May Allah curse you!

(istaqfurullah)

broblem sorted..newayz...

Brof .. sidee ku xalisay bal sheeg halagugu daydo ?

i dont have a big prob with the christmas parties just dont show up .... but these damn team building events which start out fine by bowling,golf,paint ball or some other stuff like that but always end up in the bar.

caqli xumidooda they knew i didnt drink so they planned out for me to be the designated driver ... where they surprised when i said F*** that no way !

afkay kuu buurayaan for a few days but ... you avoid a repeat of this stuff for the future

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

^^u so deserve an unknown type of reply for that, like this:

fear Allah JB u have disbelieved how dare u act so westernised. May Allah curse you!

(istaqfurullah)

broblem sorted..newayz...

hahahahahaha ,,, :D:D

And i will be stoned to death weliba

NGONGE   

It's that time of year, again. I've been pretending to have a bad hamstring for a week now. I think the Mrs bought the idea but not sure if this year's massage will go ahead. :D

RedSea   

assalamau calaykum,

Our faith always reminds us to be kind, respectable, and understanding in every matter.

Having that in mind, try to respectably and articulately without offending anybody tell the person who is kindly giving you all these offers that your faith prohibits celebrating christmas, valentines day etc..

You must reason and satisfy them with a good and reasonable explanation of why we as Muslims don't celebrate christmas even if that is excepting gifts.

Now, we have to be nice, but make no mistake we cannot be too nice as to be conveyed to do things that might come against our faith. It's better to be honest and forthcoming in order to be on the save side then to have to bee too nice to do something totally prohibited.

In countries like the U.S, UK and Canada as well as many other western societies, different faiths are practiced and many of your co workers have already been exposed to the various believes and might be more understanding as they are aware of the circumstances. If they don't know it, tell 'em.

good luck to those of you having being bombarded with gifts. I might be speaking for myself when I say i've never recieved such invitations to party or do something wild. so best of luck out there guys.

assalamu calaykum.

I just love the atmosphere that surrounds this season…

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Ev'rywhere you go;

Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again

With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.

Toys in ev'ry store

But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be

On your own front door.

A pair of hopalong boots and a pistol that shoots

Is the wish of Barney and Ben;

Dolls that will talk and will go for a walk

Is the hope of Janice and Jen;

And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.

Ev'rywhere you go;

There's a tree in the Grand Hotel, one in the park as well,

The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;

Soon the bells will start,

And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing

Right within your heart.

NGONGE   

And again..the rest of the office are off for a party and I'm off to wander the streets. Happy new sannad to one and all...

p.s.

I didn't get a single card this year. I must have upset someone. :D

Malika   

^Did you display the ones given to you last year? I bet they found their cards in the bin - waxeey kusin wayee this year.

In the Netherlands, everyone is quite aware of the Christmas character known as Black Pete. He's a little African slave who helps out Santa Claus.

According to the Dutch tradition, Black Peter is responsible for carrying a book full of the names of naughty children, along with a rod and a sack to take the bad children away. He also scatters candy for children.

Since the character's creation in the 1840s, the Dutch have defended it. They even dress up publicly in blackface, and claim that Black Pete is only dark from coming down the chimney -- but he doesn't wash clean.

Yet recently, Black Peter is causing more anger and controversy among the Dutch for the stereotypes associated with the Christmas character.

In fact, they became so mad that organizers of New Westminster's Dutch Sinterklaas celebrations in Canada have pulled Black Peter from their traditional parade after complaints that the black-faced helper carried racist undertones. Members of the African-Canadian community complained that the character was offensive and outdated. It was the first time since 1985 that Black Peter will not accompany Sinterklaas as he heads to New Westminster Quay aboard a paddle wheeler boat, according to the Vancouver Sun.

Bernard Piprah, who was an organizer of the annual Black History Month symposium at Douglas College, argued to the Vancouver Sun that the Black Peter character comes loaded with offensive, racist stereotypes:

"[The character] is degrading, and it's racist, and it's incredibly outdated," Piprah said told the Vancouver Sun. "You can't erase that. You can go to your local library and read that this Black Peter was a slave. He beat children. He was dumb, and he spoke buffoonish Dutch. There are just so many insulting aspects to that character, and I can't believe they're celebrating it in New Westminster."

Although many Dutch just want the tradition to stop, some would like to address the issue. In Holland, critics say that avoiding the racism implied in continuing the Black Peter tradition is a way of avoiding the thorny issue of immigration.

"It's kind of something they should address, no matter what the culture, when an aspect of it is clearly offensive to a particular group," Piprah told the Vancouver News.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.thegrio.com/news/black-peter-racist-dutch-xmas-tradition-or-not.php

-----------------------------------

interesting article.