Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Season's Greetings

Dhuunta la idinku wada dhag ma dhahaa dadkaan. How greedy r u? dont tell me ur considerate or ethical or whatever u thing ur doing.

No thank you, I dont celbrate Xmas becouse am a muslim. How can you celbrate and be part of something u do not beleive in. fools

NGONGE   

We spend eight hours per day with these people. It is more than one spends with friends and family. A little consideration is in order. Besides, the majority of those celebrating don't believe in it either! I am not sure yours and Northerner's "I am a Muslim" stance is good enough on its own. A little bit of diplomacy goes a long way. Marka, bal ku so noqo oo ii yara fakar. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^Where is your bottle mate? 'No I dont celebrate Christmas' is not undiplomatic saxib. Actually it tends to lead to further discussions ie when is your Christmas then? :D

NGONGE   

^^^ Not when it is done every year. Again, it is not about having 'bottle'. It is about declining diplomatically. To just keep saying that you don't celebrate Christmas is so dry. Give me a variation on this theme warya.

Kool_Kat   

^Fiiri go get the greeting cards, write them out, and distribute them...Dadkaa warkooda ka bax...

'Tis the season to be jolly,

Fa la la la la,

la la la la'...

Fabregas   

I bet it's that time of year when your kids ask, " aabo I need to buy christmas cards to send to my classmate" and your reply " aabo that's for Gaalo". Only for you to relent and allow them to send to but christmas cards for their class mates!. My uncle used to say " ku qoor habby nayu year kaliya not chrismiss"......

Senora   

Not to long ago when news came of the war waged against Christmas, my husband and I had a discussion (i.e: argument) about whether it was offensive to get a 'Merry Christmas' from strangers? And personally, I have mixed feelings. I'm not offended when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas, but I feel the need to explain that Im Muslim and dont celebrate. But Ironically, I dont have a problem with cards, or invitations to the gazillion "Holiday" Parties/Open house's- and in fact, I attend a majority of them. Maybe it's the free food, and all around good mood (w/ the help of the egg nog) that entices me. In fact, after a week of receiving holiday treats/gift from my boss and co-workers, I decided to join the bunch and bake my special cheesecake cups for the office- 'Tis the season, right?

We spend eight hours per day with these people. It is more than one spends with friends and family. A little consideration is in order.

Alright, Ngonge, you have a point.

Since I am full of energy this morning (cant wait for the free food), how about I give you some tips on what to get these people.

Because you don't have much time on your hands, this weekend, you have got to start hitting the shops.

Have the wife or yourself get a sorted candies, some chocolates, gums etc. Tell them to go to the dollar store near your area and get some colorful tiny x-mass cards. Add that to some candy cane,buy little ribbons and a large clear wrapping bag(cut it for each cup), gliterry white and have it wrapped all around each cup once the goods are in it and hand it over with little cute cards hanging on to each one of the cups. Its very personal, and it says you care. I got that gift couple of times and each time I loved it, it just makes people feel warm and fussy inside when they see it. Now go on ahead and get going, you got work to do.

To get you to the mood, Ima read you one of my cards I just received not long ago, its a new year's card, she was so thoughful, knowing that I don't celebrate x-mass and all and it reads:

Happy faces greet the season, all aglow with warmth and cheer...

All the world joints hearts and hands to welcome in the bright new year.

With all good wishes

for a happy new year...

signed XXXX

wishing you the best XXXXX

Blessed   

Allah dadkan eega, do you guys even get a happy eid - let alone the day off? It's like being in high school all over again. You don't have to fit in, it's okay to be different.. no, no it's cool to be different. So NG, just smile and say, I don't do parties dahling, thats so pass'e.. :rolleyes:

Or

Just tell them truth and say 'if I party with you tonight, my wife won't let me eat grass with my friends on Eid' :D

Anyways, you've been at your office for centuries, surely this has been dealt with before and surely, it's an established fact that you're a Muslim who doesn't do xmas...

Mise waad ka daashey? ;)

p.s Merry Christmass :D

Ibtisam   

Ngonge, since I live near you and all can I have the coupon for the Swedish massage please
:D

I mean why do you need it for?? :confused:

Originally posted by Ghanima:

quote: Ngonge, since I live near you and all can I have the coupon for the Swedish massage please
:D

I mean why do you need it for?? :confused:
anything swedish is ghey! :D